Wht Is Keeping You From Your Points In This Event?

35 replies to this topic

#1 Ted Wayz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

So I have missed points most frequently for losses, a fraction for not getting a kill and even one for getting a win and kills but no assists. What is keeping you from your points?

My rough statistics is showing around 40% of the winning team missing out on a point due to a lack of a kill. Everyone else seeing roughly the same?

#2 Joshua Rael

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

For me it would be a toss up between not being able to get the "killing blow" and not winning the match. I had some matches where i got 3 or more "kill most damage dealt", but couldn't end it either because of poor heat management or missed my shot. I also had several matches where I got 2+ kills and 1/3 to 1/2 my team failed to break 250 damage let alone got a kill.

#3 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

So far the only common factors are me, and my poor picks for mechs to field so far as to why I'm missing the mark.

#4 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

Wins - I am nearly always getting a kill, but wins are harder to come by.

#5 Wiley Coyote

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:40 PM

Lag is stopping me. Tried a few matches tonight but my normal sub 30ms ping was regularly 3000+. Not sure what was causing the problem.

#6 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

Friendly fire, everyone on the team so desperate for a kill that they are raking everything in the process.

Frankly, I feel as those these competitions only do more damage to diminish the value of a teamwork focused game.

Where are the competitions/events that award for team work? Not requiring solo kills, rather % based on contributed team effort?

Capture points, assist damage (yes, I know that an assist was required.) things where everyone can seen a benefit?

Oh and I saw either completely new pilots as in no idea how to control their unit, a lot of AFK at drop, of course the disconnect issue is still going on...

Just my .02

65 matches for 30 wins...

Edited by 8100d 5p4tt3r, 17 January 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#7 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

It's losses 99% of the time.

My team will just derp out, some guys will rambo and die within 2 mins of match start.

Or they will go full coward, and wait for the fight to happen.

The kills aren't a problem, I've only had a couple of wins where I didn't score a kill.

Another 4 points tomorrow, and I'm done.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 17 January 2015 - 11:30 PM.

#8 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

Considering I just got it... I'll just list three things that slows down the process...

1) Bad teammates - The more derp, the less likely anything of consequence happens.

2) Not getting the kill - That's falls more on me to secure it instead of leaving it to fate.

3) Got the kill, except rule #1 in application - Occasionally the kill is gained, but the team fails. What happens sometimes is people are trying to be "generous" but forget that occasionally some kills cannot be avoided in order to secure the win (which occasionally be considered being greedy, but not intentionally so if at actual jeopardy).

It's far more doable in the group queue that the solo queue if you have competent teammates. Trusting solo players tends to be a lost cause unless people are actually following the quality player's lead.

#9 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:54 PM

Ok, what are the requirements for this challenge again? I thought it was 1 kill, 1 assist and a win.....and even if it was to live, I did that to. Just checking now, I get no credit for the battle I was just in.

Very sad display in my Stormcrow, maiden voyage battle. 214dmg, 1K, 7A, I think 1 component, a win, and I lived. Was there a match score requirement? My Score was prolly very sad. I know the payout was...97K.....yikes.

Its hard to track lights lol. Im running, they are running and dodging, up hills, over hills, allies in the way, gotta watch for incoming fire...im sprayin that laser fire everywhere haha.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 17 January 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#10 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:50 AM

One herp a derp team after another. Running into the enemy team with wild abandon. You engage and then look up and see that 3 or 4 team members are already dead. Keep fighting and look up and half the team is dead. Not much you can do when the MM gives you lemons ... you cant even make lemonade.

#11 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

The fact that it's feeling like a job. I don't expect stuff handed to me and never ***** about these things but my luck this time round is frustrating. Get 4 kills, 800dmg and lose. Then win the next game with no kills. I'm sure a dam will break and things will swing the other way but atm I'm bloody well annoyed and calling it for the night.

#12 LowSubmarino

• Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:59 AM

It really is losses. Getting kills isnt the problem. Specially when the game tips and your side starts to own its pretty easy to get 1 kill and 1 assist.

Getting wins is the real bia*** here. But thats not really a problem. I will definitely love an additional mechbay. But via premiumtime I have earned 10 mil cbills in a few hours yesterday. Till monday it should be another 10 which is great since I wasted a bunch of bills buying ******** mechs.

#13 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

View PostTed Wayz, on 17 January 2015 - 09:33 PM, said:

What is keeping you from your points?

I'm honestly not very good at this game.

#14 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:03 AM

Lack of desire to play.

#15 Errant Variable

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

Wins, or having to kill a Whale solo while everyone else chases rabbits. I'm not on my best game lately but it's still better than what I've been seeing from many of the teams I've dropped with tonight.

I guess this is a broken matchmaker but at 18% wins so far I don't have the time or care for 165 matches to get a "free" mech and bay. Make it 3 variants and maybe.

#16 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:33 AM

Time.

Match time and search times especially for CW make this challenge require quite a bit of time.

#17 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:35 AM

My baby caught a cold. Paternal instinct > urge to blow stuff up.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 January 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#18 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

mostly because I'm not participating.

I'm sure it's a great mech and all, but it just doesn't fit me and I'm pretty much finished playing IS mechs.

#19 Thorqemada

• 6,378 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:06 AM

I ignore the Challenge and Play my 3 Days Premium Time down, trying another Mech and Mastering it, the Points will trickle in and i may or may not get the 30 Points (57% atm).

Hear Music, watch TV and do this and that little homework while playing now and then.

#20 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

Seeing too many perfect teams in solo. You can clearly see no one gets out of ecm except to take a shot. Lances move together across the map and far too many pincer movements where both lances miraculously end up at the same point firing at the same time.

If you take one shot from a good position many move on you in perfect coordination.

19k matches and solo random drops don't work like that. They may pull of stuff like that but with frayed edges when they do.

I have a good k/d 1.09 and usually am in the top high scores with my team. With a keyboard have never be able to herd cats like that.

Its not the challenge, its not MM. Its people gaming it for advantage. February should change all that with the inclusion of Voip.

Just check the Voip threads and see who and why its so strongly opposed. Farming will be much tougher then.

Edited by Mudhutwarrior, 18 January 2015 - 02:49 AM.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users