3 Ceasefire Coverage

84 replies to this topic

#21 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

Sidenote:

1 hour before the EU ceasefire set in 36 Steiners dropped at the same time on Gienah. (spelling?) 11 man for sure or even 12 man as far as I can tell. With 7 PUGs on our side it didn´t go well. But Gienah held.

Expect more moves like this.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 21 January 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#22 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

Yep... fought on that defense with only a group of truly random pugs. All we could do was slow them down enough so they did not get a ghost drop.

#23 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

Hi Kjudoon I fighted with you on Sulfur - defending. I agree with you it was typical PuG aproach. We had weak reconnaissance and it was not easy to build firing line to hold positions on right place. I played it poorly mainly because I too frequently changed positions. There are good places where it is easier to defend but I saw almost nobody there. We need more same unit groups at EU battles timeframe. I constantly call my unit comrades in arms to help CW but with little success.

#24 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:27 AM

View PostMrMarkusCZ, on 22 January 2015 - 12:55 AM, said:

Hi Kjudoon I fighted with you on Sulfur - defending. I agree with you it was typical PuG aproach. We had weak reconnaissance and it was not easy to build firing line to hold positions on right place. I played it poorly mainly because I too frequently changed positions. There are good places where it is easier to defend but I saw almost nobody there. We need more same unit groups at EU battles timeframe. I constantly call my unit comrades in arms to help CW but with little success.

When is the 313th joining the house-marik.com Teamspeak? :rolleyes:

#25 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

Davion tries to ghost Phact with only 1 Company again, 2 Hours before the End of Oceanic Ceasefire. Sitting in the Lobby with 6 other Mariks. There are simply not enough of us out there to prevent Davion from taking a Planet every Time in the Oceanic Timezone with the huge Investment of 1 or 2 Units, as we are not able to field one or two Units ourselves.

To give Oceanic Timezone a Ceasefire is a Joke in my Eyes. It is by far the Timezone with the least Population and to give them the same Weight as EU or NA Timezones is ridiculous.

Why is PGI not simply counting Amount of Victories for each Faction in a 24 Hour Cycle ? I don't get it.

All that battling with 8+ Units during NA Timezone is meaningless if we allow Davion to get a Planet THAT easy every Time at Oceanic Timezone with the Investment of 1 12 Man vs Turrets...

They are not even fighting us anymore when they see they don't stand a Chance in NA Timezone. Instead of that they quit early and then send 1 or 2 Units during Oceanic Timezone to steal what they cannot get at our Times. Thought you Daves claimed to be Sportsmen ?

This is simply annoying... (have to blame PGI)

Edited by Joe Decker, 22 January 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#26 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 01:27 AM, said:

When is the 313th joining the house-marik.com Teamspeak? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I told AGodTElite about the same yesterday. (hope I got the name right) You guys are welcome and if you need help with the application or the language, BoS has czechs and slovakian members. Just poke or PM us.

#27 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:24 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 22 January 2015 - 03:48 AM, said:

...Why is PGI not simply counting Amount of Victories for each Faction in a 24 Hour Cycle ? I don't get it...

I´ve been saying that for quite some time. It is the only fair method of evaluating war efforts.

The current method still keeps up with the stupidity, that early victories count less than later ones.

Frankly speaking I thought 3 ceasefires would mean 3 planets flip. It seems the target planets stay the same. (take that with a grain of salt, I saw only the EU-NA cycle switch yesterday) So what´s the point of 3 ceasefires?

Edited by Molossian Dog, 22 January 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#28 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

From my point of view it is not problem. If they like wasting time against turrets lets them do it. I like PvP fight. I really don't see problem when we loss a planet such way. We are currently +16 planets, Draconis Combine are -56 and is there really some difference in the game experience ? No logistic no resources difference so I don't care. I ignore the map :) I want fight and it is why I like Klingons mentality. Qapla'! :)

Davers I understand you and really try to better it. 313th has now more than 50 members now and I see every evening (7pm - 10pm GMT) half of them online. As part of staff I again and again try motivate our members return to Community Warfare. It is not easy they really like group queue too much :) It is issue for PGI to do CW more atractive and drive away players form group queue. They know about FWLM and there are already few several player who use FWLM TS when go solo or as small group. I will try improve it I promise! :)

#29 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:40 AM

View PostMrMarkusCZ, on 22 January 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

From my point of view it is not problem. If they like wasting time against turrets lets them do it. I like PvP fight. I really don't see problem when we loss a planet such way. We are currently +16 planets, Draconis Combine are -56 and is there really some difference in the game experience ? No logistic no resources difference so I don't care. I ignore the map :) I want fight and it is why I like Klingons mentality. Qapla'! :)

Davers I understand you and really try to better it. 313th has now more than 50 members now and I see every evening (7pm - 10pm GMT) half of them online. As part of staff I again and again try motivate our members return to Community Warfare. It is not easy they really like group queue too much :) It is issue for PGI to do CW more atractive and drive away players form group queue. They know about FWLM and there are already few several player who use FWLM TS when go solo or as small group. I will try improve it I promise! :)

We spent a few hours getting Phact up to 100% last night just to get it ghosted dropped to 53% this morning? I really hope this doesn't keep happening.

#30 Kasechemui

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 21 January 2015 - 08:56 PM, said:

Sidenote:

1 hour before the EU ceasefire set in 36 Steiners dropped at the same time on Gienah. (spelling?) 11 man for sure or even 12 man as far as I can tell. With 7 PUGs on our side it didn´t go well. But Gienah held.

Expect more moves like this.

Had a nice Evening with you guys.
Prepare your purple mechbutt's. Next time there won't be some Comstar guy to declare a saving ceasefire. ;)

Edited by Kasechemui, 22 January 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#31 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:24 AM

Davion tries to ghost Phact with only 1 Company again, 2 Hours before the End of Oceanic Ceasefire. Sitting in the Lobby with 6 other Mariks.

GI)
Thank you and the other 6 for trying. If you can just get a few I bet you can turn it around. Once they start losing they're going to have a much harder time.

#32 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

Davion tries to ghost Phact with only 1 Company again, 2 Hours before the End of Oceanic Ceasefire.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 22 January 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

We spent a few hours getting Phact up to 100% last night just to get it ghosted dropped to 53% this morning? I really hope this doesn't keep happening.

I have been floating around since 5pm tonight keeping track of the games and playing, (its now 1am) & can safely say that the planet had defenders for a good part of the night - at 5pm AEST there were 3 blocks lost, two fights and one ghost drop from what I gather from the EU players.

Once the oceanic units took over, 3 ghost drops because there were no players and then 4 drops against Marik teams. Last drop the planet was at 53% right on ceasefire... ...all through the night it was mixed company; late night EU players to start with, Oceanic players at the end.

To be honest ghost drops occur on both sides, & would be nice to have more proper battles & for both sides to have more numbers, but in the end both have the same issues - Marik is not the only faction with smaller numbers in the Oceanic time zone. In this case though, Davion did get proper drops in, same as Wednesday night (AEST).

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 January 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#33 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 22 January 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

I have been floating around since 5pm tonight keeping track of the games and playing, (its now 1am) & can safely say that the planet had defenders for a good part of the night - at 5pm AEST there were 3 blocks lost, two fights and one ghost drop from what I gather from the EU players.

Once the oceanic units took over, 3 ghost drops because there were no players and then 4 drops against Marik teams. Last drop the planet was at 53% right on ceasefire... ...all through the night it was mixed company; late night EU players to start with, Oceanic players at the end.

To be honest ghost drops occur on both sides, & would be nice to have more proper battles & for both sides to have more numbers, but in the end both have the same issues - Marik is not the only faction with smaller numbers in the Oceanic time zone. In this case though, Davion did get drops in.

Yes, we get Ghost Drops when in the middle of 60+/60+ Fights your Teams stop playing because they don't see a Chance to win, so yesterday your Teams quit playing against Mariks 1 Hour before NA Ceasefire started. That happened on 2 Planets simultaneously.

Your Teams did that, as they knew they can send in a Unit of Oceanic Players in the Oceanic Timezone, towards the Ceasefire when they don't have to face any Opposition. You get the Planet the easiest possible Way. Killing Turrets.

I mean Davies can do as they like, I bet most of the Units in this "Beta" exploit the System in some Way, yet then i think it is laughable when Davions claim to play like "fair Sportsmen". Sorry but from this Timepoint on I got a hard Time believing that Propaganda any longer, hope you understand ;)

Of Course PGI set it up like this and you just use what is given to you. (completely flawed System - could design a better CW within half an Hour)

I had just hoped that maybe - if everyone agrees - we will use some inofficial Rules of Warfare that all Sides could agree on to make the whole CW Thing more Fun for everyone. Will mean don't drop more than one Ghost Drop in dead Timezones for Example. Could be one of those "inofficial" Rules that the Community could create if PGI is unable to give us a better System at this Timepoint.

cu on the Battlefield :)

#34 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostKasechemui, on 22 January 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

Had a nice Evening with you guys.
Prepare your purple mechbutt's. Next time there won't be some Comstar guy to declare a saving ceasefire. ;)

Oh my, Fistie Bro.

You really just managed to beat us with 2 PUGs playing CW the first time and another one not scoring above 109 damage / 9 assists with a full drop deck? And you still couldn´t get the planet? That is what you are gloating about?

I wish you all the best, sweetie. In a couple of years you might just get the hang with this trolling thing. Nimm dir nen Keks beim Rausgehen. Ich will nicht so sein.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 22 January 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#35 Turook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

Joe Decker: "Your Teams did that, as they knew they can send in a Unit of Oceanic Players in the Oceanic Timezone, towards the Ceasefire when they don't have to face any Opposition. You get the Planet the easiest possible Way. Killing Turrets."

Most of the Americans are surprised that there is anyone active outside their Timezone.
We (the Australasians) don't deliberately plan to start attacking 2 hours before Ceasefire, that's just the time that we finally get on after having Dinner and sit back with the family for a while. It's not our fault that PGI set the Ceasefire so early.

Even before the new Ceasefires we would get on around the same time, nothing has changed, and then as now, out of the 8 matches it takes us to take a planet to 53% we get at most 1-2 turret runs.

Stop crying about the game being unfair. Since day one it was advertised as 24 HR community warfare. This isn't World of Tanks, where if you're not American you can't affect CW, unless you're lucky enough to not have a job so you can be on at midday to play during their prime time.

Edited by Turook, 22 January 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#36 Fenedor

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTamar

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 22 January 2015 - 07:05 AM, said:

Oh my, Fistie Bro.

You really just managed to beat us with 2 PUGs playing CW the first time and another one not scoring above 109 damage / 9 assists with a full drop deck? And you still couldn´t get the planet? That is what you are gloating about?

I wish you all the best, sweetie. In a couple of years you might just get the hang with this trolling thing. Nimm dir nen Keks beim Rausgehen. Ich will nicht so sein.

No trolling intended (for now).
We had some really nice drops against you and your purple pugs but we took too much time to rotate members in and change our drop decks.
Because of this we couldn't take the planet before Comstar decided to declare a ceasefire for humanitarian reasons or some nonesense like that. :lol:

Nevertheless we had fun and that's everything that counts for us.

Den Keks nehm ich trotzdem gerne und für Mui pack ich auch einen ein, danke :D

#37 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:55 AM

View PostTurook, on 22 January 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

Most of the Americans are surprised that there is anyone active outside their Timezone.
We (the Australasians) don't deliberately plan to start attacking 2 hours before Ceasefire, that's just the time that we finally get on after having Dinner and sit back with the family for a while. It's not our fault that PGI set the Ceasefire so early.

Of Course, this was all absolutely accidentally :D

Stop crying about the game being unfair.

Why should I ?
Shall it stay unfair ?
Shall CW die ?

Since day one it was advertised as 24 HR community warfare.

It is not 24 Hours CW. 24 Hours CW would work.

---

I mean if you are Australians and you win a couple of Turret Drops or even Battledrops in your Timezone - that is all fine and it should be counted, I also understand for Australians it is hard in this Game to get real Enemies, but how is that anywhere equal to 6 Units (+) fighting for a Planet for 3 Hours nonstop ?

---

You shot a couple of Turrets and got it when no Enemy could play. Minimum Investment equals Maximum Investment. If you want to be awarded for that with a Planet, so be it, but then please don't be surprised of the Consequences. It will also not be much Fun for you in the near Future.

I'd say we need some Community Rules that everyone agrees on, to make CW halfway playable right now. Otherwise it will simply die.

Edited by Joe Decker, 22 January 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#38 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 22 January 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

Thank you and the other 6 for trying. If you can just get a few I bet you can turn it around. Once they start losing they're going to have a much harder time.

Thanks, it was super annoying - in the End we had 10 Players but 2 more were missing for the single Match we would have needed, to even have a minimum Chance of stopping 1 (!) RRB 12 Man...

And I bet if we would have fought them back, another Davion Team would've sprung out of the Limbo to magically get another Drop on Phact, right before the Ceasefire ;)

Of Course Davions start arguing again that this is all okey. They should understand they are sawing off the Branch they are sitting on.

I also think at this Point PGI should step on the Break, work another Month on CW and then restart it again.

Edited by Joe Decker, 22 January 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#39 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

Damn PGI for making all timezones relevant! This may be the first time anyone has ever said, "We need more Australians." :D

#40 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

Damn PGI for making all timezones relevant! This may be the first time anyone has ever said, "We need more Australians." :D

Sure make them all relevant, but why does one oceanic Unit equal 6 other NA Units ? There is something clearly wrong in here ... <_<

Edited by Joe Decker, 22 January 2015 - 09:53 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users