63 replies to this topic

#21 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 30 January 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

You all can attack as you like but you may want to consider the ramifications of cutting through FRR and what that will mean. 1.You may end up cutting off CW, forcing them to attack us of CGB. 2. Potentially opening up 2 new fronts with CGB and Kurita, we may not have the population for that.

Just some things to consider I guess...we'll see what happens

It's actually very fortunate that when we zigged into FRR, Clan Wolf zagged into LC. Both factions will likely benefit from a more direct path towards Terra along the FRR/LC border. I can't speak for all of JFP here, but personally, I'm sick of meandering through Lyran space while the other Clans make fairly direct progress. Bordering CGB, DC, and even FWL is an eventuality we would have to face anyways. What I'm really curious to see is if, upon reaching the Lyran border in the FRR, if we will be able to attack a LC planet at that much more southerly point. That would give us a huge jump closer to Terra and likely cut off days or weeks.

Edited by Seth, 30 January 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

To be honest, i would be happier if we had a LC target this cycle.. :(

#23 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

We have the option to grab two planets a cycle. Wonderful!
We have the capability to achieve it.
I have no problem with taking more FRR worlds, but not at the sacrifice of the Steiner front.
Focus on Steiner first, ensure its capture, then move on to FRR.

I also agree with Pat, we start mucking around too much were going to have more fronts than we can handle.
There is an amount of safety being on the outside edge and making sure the front there progresses. We only have one enemy to worry about,
Depending on how deep the FRR front goes (and none of us know yet where it will lead) we can end up with four additional fronts that we more than likely can not hold. (We may be good, but we don't have the numbers)

Had we not lost our focus for seven days, we would be 14ish planets farther than we are now and our territory would look similar to the Jags, whose path is heading back toward Terra.

#24 Geck0

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

If you want to discuss strategic options you know where to find us. This is not the place.

#25 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Why was this thread started at all is what I am wondering. We did discuss this option with you guys and I thought we had an understanding about making this kind of a move and the issues that came with it. You guys are free to attack as you like but if you plan to post this strategy, please understand that we are going to voice our concerns.

#26 Geck0

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 30 January 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

Why was this thread started at all is what I am wondering.

It was made to advertise a central TS3 server that is open to all CJF units. Participation is not required however CJF as a whole and the units within benefit the more participation there is. In this, it has been quite successful. On several occasions there have been 12 man groups that were compromised of several different units that normally would be scattered and units have communicated on where there are several threats in circulation.

In regards to additional coordination and strategy every unit / player will have their own preferences and beliefs. Units will fight differently and operate differently. Many of these differences may conflict with each other and it would be easy to use these difference as an excuse to be divisive and discourage participation. However it is through continuous open communication and mutual cooperation that units will find middle ground in order to strengthen CJF as a whole.

But these discussions should be held in private for both social and strategic reasons.

#27 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

You are right, the thread was first put in to facilitate coordination and I applaud and thank you all for working this angle. It has worked out very well. I wrote that post in haste and what I should have said was that others had started the conversation of strategy in this thread and since it was already out in the open, I felt it important to voice our concerns so that members of CJF who come here but don't frequent our TS channels would have a chance to view the concerns with the strategy posted. I will gladly talk shop in the privacy of our TS channels but if strategies end up getting posted here, I want people to get as full a view as possible.

I spoke some with Seth last night and he made some sense so we agreed to help on his experiment but alas it appears that the computer has other plans for us. We may need to discuss this further when we can.

Edited by Pat Kell, 31 January 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#28 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

To all members of Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Wolf is currently seeking an entry way into Inner Sphere territory. Unfortunately that only gives them two options: Attack Clan Ghost Bear or attack Clan Jade Falcon.

It is the opinion of JFP (and few other Falcon units) that all Wolf attacks are to be defended and resisted to the best of our ability. If on the off chance Clan Wolf does seize one of our planets, we will take one of theirs in return (by force). If, however, they do not take one of our planets, we will not be seeking to claim Clan Wolf planets for our own.

If you have any questions regarding this situation, please review this thread or contact myself.

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 06 February 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

It is the opinion of JFP (and few other Falcon units) that all Wolf attacks are to be defended and resisted to the best of our ability. If on the off chance Clan Wolf does seize one of our planets, we will take one of theirs in return (by force). If, however, they do not take one of our planets, we will not be seeking to claim Clan Wolf planets for our own.

I did not expect anything less. I hope we will not have to fight you, as you have been more than desiderable neighbours, but if we do, it will definitely be interesting, even if we will not be trying to start a war, but just to get a new border with the IS.

Good luck in the battlefiled trothkin!

#30 UltraMek

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Bumparoo

#31 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

Thank-you very much for this thread. This kind of organization really make me feel like I'm part of the CJF community even if I don't join a touman. I hope that this can get stickied.

Edited by reddevil, 11 February 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#32 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for the pin! Solo players and groups definitely benefit from being able to build full 12 mans here. Teamwork is OP in CW!

#33 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:05 PM

Updated the second post with new planet numbers and new unit, Restless Adders (RA). As I keep seeing new CJF tags in-game with no idea who they belong to, still have a ways to go including all those units out there.

#34 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:05 AM

Good work everyone! We now have the territory closest to Tukayyid of all the Clans.

CJF marching forward:
Jade Falcon Prime would like to continue taking the planets around Tukayyid (that the algorithm allows) to secure the remaining FRR territory south of Rasalhague (ignoring their odd island in Steiner space).

We would also like to remove the remaining CGB planets from that small island along our border, or at least La Grave to remove that eyesore.

EU time zone, please focus on defense and slowing down the Steiner zerg rushes. Bring heavy numbers of Streak Crows (Stormcrows with Streak SRM6s) to repel their light rushes and bog them down.

Regarding other Clans:
Now that Clan Wolf has finally pushed into Steiner space while defending against FRR's attacks from Rasalhague itself, their invasion corridor towards Terra is set. We have no reason to engage them nor they us. Defending their planets when our targets are secured will help ensure the FRR does not rise again.

Clan Ghost Bear has recently received some reinforcements and has staunched the bleeding. They may yet require more numbers for that final push through Kurita but CJF must focus on our own interests first.

Clan Smoke Jaguar is coming up behind CGB with the assistance of the 228th. CSJ does not require CJF assistance and can crush Kurita on their own.

Edited by jeirhart, 03 March 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#35 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

Thanks to all Falcons for their work over the last few days in continuing to capture and secure our targets while also defending the other Clans.

Okay, so after the major developer intervention due to algorithm missteps, we are now down to a single target per attack window in Steiner territory. So that simplifies matters a bit.

Jade Falcon Prime strongly recommends taking the Steiner target immediately (run it up to 100%) and then move on to defending the other clans. Once our Steiner target is up to 100%, history shows that people are far less likely to drop on it due to the perceived lack of anyone to fight.

Steiner's target in our space should go undefended until it goes above 33%. Once they have pushed it that far, drop on it hard to beat them back down.

We do not want to attack Clan Wolf as we want them to be able to focus on their own targets and defenses. Please ignore any attack lanes into Clan Wolf.

We also do not want the FRR to expand any further, so please prioritize defending against any attacks from the FRR into the other clans over any attacks by Steiner or Kurita into the other clans.

--

Jade Falcon Prime is also looking into hosting mini-training sessions to help everyone in Jade Falcon hone their skills. Right now we are doing them as part of our regular cadet training sessions. Members of the [1FS] (First Falcon Sentinels) can attest to our welcoming nature towards units outside our own and our pilots' success in battle has proven the results. We may be looking to expand these sessions if more Falcons outside our unit express an interest in attending.

As always, our unit can be found on the Clan Jade Falcon TeamSpeak at ts.clanjadefalcon.com (no password). Just look for the [JFP] tags and one of our members marked as a Unit Leader.

Edited by jeirhart, 06 March 2015 - 12:02 AM.

#36 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

With the first inter-unit training session, I'd like to thank the 1FS guys for hopping by. They were excellent learners, attentive listeners, and I think their unit will go far.

I hope that it was helpful for everyone, and look forward to helping any other unit that would like our assistance on our training days.

\o/

#37 Little Fae

Rookie

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWouldn't You Like To Know?

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for having The 1st Falcon Sentinels along, Jade Falcon Prime. We appreciate your unit's willingness to work with a very fresh, young one and get our members up to speed on common tactics, Meta, and suggested builds. It is my hope that our members will remain interested in going to training irregardless of their future successes, as there are always things to learn and skills to sharpen.

I was definitely pleased with the first session myself. I just have to focus on getting our guys more chassis of their own in the interim.

o7

#38 Brusana

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

View PostAutumn Bladerunner, on 06 March 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Thanks for having The 1st Falcon Sentinels along, Jade Falcon Prime. We appreciate your unit's willingness to work with a very fresh, young one and get our members up to speed on common tactics, Meta, and suggested builds. It is my hope that our members will remain interested in going to training irregardless of their future successes, as there are always things to learn and skills to sharpen.

I was definitely pleased with the first session myself. I just have to focus on getting our guys more chassis of their own in the interim.

o7

We do what we can. I for one am perfectly willing to work with anyone at anytime as long as they're green flappy birds :D

#39 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:06 AM

Three cheers to that!

#40 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:00 AM

Jade Falcon Prime and KCom suggest full defense mode today and possibly for the next couple days. We would like all Falcon units and pugs to jump in the defense queue of the Steiner attack option in our space. Does not matter how many are already in queue, just fill it to the brim and force the Steiners to defend against counter attacks more than they get to invade. Ignore our attack option for now and focus entirely on defending our current planet.

For full explanation why we are suggesting this course of action, please see this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users