60 replies to this topic

#1 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:06 AM

What's the next mech we start campaigning for with the Urbanmech and King Crab out, besides the Unseen/Reseen, the standard Crab?

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

We were given some of the ReSeen already. And if we got Marauders & Warhammers There would be Sooooo much OP crying!

#3 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

It's time to get our hands on a propper redone Marauder now. Screw HG and show them we can do it right.
I call thou forth MoonUnitBeta and thou Marauder competition. May there be a renewed hope for old veterans for the old machines again!

#4 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:19 AM

Let me rephrase the Unseen/Reseen to the ones that will take an act of whatever God/Old One you believe in to get in game. At least in their current state they will never be forgotten; "What is dead cannot die",and all that jazz.

#5 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

Honestly I do not want any more mechs and I do not want any more time wasted on creating new mechs I do not want any more quirks, paint jobs, camo's, animation tweaks, nerfs etc. Yes I love them all and want them all and yes I want to see them all in game however we have more important business on the table.

CW is a fantastic concept but it takes a large player base to keep it working well. Right now I see most planets changing hands via attack or defense with no opponent. I can't tell you how boring this is to wait and wait and wait then finally get dropped and then there is no one home. Great way to ruin a good thing.

We see a sale a week and what is it all for. To draw more sales and people into the fold? Personally I feel that to draw more people here would be maps maps maps and to clean up some of the old ones that are rough. We saw a small rush with CW but that was short lived. We can have a million mechs but we need more play grounds to play them on. We really need some new concepts other worldly ideas that stimulate the mind as well.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostHatachi, on 22 January 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Let me rephrase the Unseen/Reseen to the ones that will take an act of whatever God/Old One you believe in to get in game. At least in their current state they will never be forgotten; "What is dead cannot die",and all that jazz.

We have the holy trinity Shadow hawk, Wolverine, Griffin. we have the Locust and the Battlemaster, unless they were not protected by HG we CAN have Marauders (See Timber Wolf and Catapult) Warhammer if made like the Hammerhands...?

#7 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:28 AM

well, flea has been on the backburner for a while, and mauler was already announced, but we havent seen it, and something like the black knight (that got edged out by grasshopper by what, 1 or 2 votes?) has a place in CW with its energy builds.

There are also a bunch of minimal effort mechs that could come in as they are offshoots of existing chassis.

If PGI think about it for a bit, based on how urbanmech goes, they should think about doing a PGI version of the Marauder, with the caveat being that it has to sell x to get made. This approach would let them know how far they can deviate from the original designs without it being a major issue with the player base.

Edited by NextGame, 22 January 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

View PostNextGame, on 22 January 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

well, flea has been on the backburner for a while, and mauler was already announced, but we havent seen it, and something like the black knight (that got edged out by grasshopper by what, 1 or 2 votes?) has a place in CW with its energy builds.

There are also a bunch of minimal effort mechs that could come in as they are offshoots of existing chassis.

If PGI think about it for a bit, based on how urbanmech goes, they should think about doing a PGI version of the Marauder, with the caveat being that it has to sell x to get made. This approach would let them know how far they can deviate from the original designs without it being a major issue with the player base.

The Black Knight will be a nice addition so long as it has a Knight in armor feel to it. I was no fan of teh Dark Age Art for this Mech.
Inspiration:
Posted Image

#9 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:41 AM

Stinger? Archer? I'd give my Jager's left arm for a bona-fide Marauder or Rifleman, but yeah. Not holding my breath.

EDIT: I'd love to see a quirk on the Rifleman that allows you to flip your shooting arms up and back 180 degrees with just a press of a button.

Edited by Rhaythe, 22 January 2015 - 04:42 AM.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 22 January 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Stinger? Archer? I'd give my Jager's left arm for a bona-fide Marauder or Rifleman, but yeah. Not holding my breath.

EDIT: I'd love to see a quirk on the Rifleman that allows you to flip your shooting arms up and back 180 degrees with just a press of a button.
I had to like this 3 times! Give teh Jager this quirk as well!

#11 Hatachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 456 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:49 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 22 January 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

All I can think of is a game on Tabletop I won by having 2 Jagermechs flip their arms backwards and run away like sissies to win.

#12 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:49 AM

View PostHatachi, on 22 January 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

What's the next mech we start campaigning for with the Urbanmech and King Crab out, besides the Unseen/Reseen, the standard Crab?

Hunchback IIC - bring sexy back to the already hella-sexy

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostHatachi, on 22 January 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

the clanversion of the urbie? because urbie OP and so now IS Op.

but I would go for clan battlemechs, want a Supernova.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 January 2015 - 05:15 AM.

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 22 January 2015 - 04:49 AM, said:

Hunchback IIC - bring sexy back to the already hella-sexy

It is sexy... But the way Clan Ultras work... The Hunchback IIC would not be fearsome here.

#15 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 January 2015 - 05:10 AM, said:

It is sexy... But the way Clan Ultras work... The Hunchback IIC would not be fearsome here.

Yeah, but... but twin UAC20s?!? C'mon... *puppy-dog eyes*

#16 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 January 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

The Black Knight will be a nice addition so long as it has a Knight in armor feel to it. I was no fan of teh Dark Age Art for this Mech.
Inspiration:
Posted Image

No compaign needed it will very surely be the next IS heavy they get after the resistance pack. The vote back then was just to decide which one is coming first.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 January 2015 - 05:15 AM.

#17 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:20 AM

The Annihilator!

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

Axeman!

#19 Alek Ituin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 22 January 2015 - 04:39 AM, said:

Inspiration:
Posted Image

You mean like this?

Posted Image

Cause that's the Dark Age art for the BLK-NT-5H... It looks pretty knight-like to me, I dunno about you though.

Edited by Alek Ituin, 22 January 2015 - 07:54 AM.

#20 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:59 AM

Annihilator, although when this comes out, power-creep will be at its fullest....

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users