157 replies to this topic

#41 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 January 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

I feel like Community Warfare for Clan Wolf is just going to end up in a constant cycle that we have seen over the last month:

1. Clan Wolf makes some gains
2. Mercs team go to Clan Ghost Bear, attack Clan Wolf back planets
3. People get upset, start attacking CLan Ghost Bear back.
4. Everyone cools down, planets get returned.
5. All Mercs all join Steiner/FRR, attack Clan Wolf at the same time.
6. Clan Wolf loses all gains.
7. Mercs go elsewhere for a week

rinse, repeat.

Clan Wolf has pretty much become the whipping boy for all the Mercs to gang up on, regardless of whether the Mercs are playing IS, or Clan. I do not believe any of the other clans have had such hatred from comp Merc teams as Wolf has faced (besides perhaps last week's flare up between CSJ and CGB). Clan Wolf has faced this endless cycle since the start of Community warfare.

And this is exactly why Community Warfare is sometimes not fun.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 January 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#42 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 24 January 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

Did I not see you fighting on New Caledonia as well? I am now really curious what Gyrok did to deserve this bashing by his own Clan.

I am also curious why everybody condems the Wolfs taking of planets belonging to them and why the same people were silent, when the mercs returned to Clan Ghostbear and took wolf planets. Please explain the difference. Or better, the difference besides them taking an original wolf planet and us just retaking our worlds.

If you just want to come over and try to stomp the Wolves say so and do not hide behind cheap excuses and pointless accusations.

The entire campaign comes down to Gyrok and his hadnling of a number of matters related to CGB, MS, and CW in general. In this instance towards the end of our Steiner contract, CGB has New Caledonia (due to algorithm mistake) that was posed to take one Steiner planet ready to open a new front to CFJ for the Bears. Gyrok and his CWDG made a quick PM notification to one unit in CGB, didn't even bother contacting the leadership of the tagged -MS- planet, and proceeded to drop regardless of discussions. This in itself aggravated many...

This act was further compounded by Gyrok epic thread yesterday evening calling for CGB to pull the mercs off it's planets or suffer consequences, and even if they did he wanted Ferris in reprimand or blood... all in Gyrok's flowing eye bleeding RP type up... this thread provided evidence he was dropping on New Caledonia prior to asking permission, he didn't have the permission to take the planet diplomatically, and was further denounced by the leaders of CW unit's for his attitude and behaviour.

I can say for a fact that post NA ceasefire, at the beginning of Oceanic window, Gyrok jumped the border to hit Svelvik with CWDG and was greeted by actual opposition from -MS- 12man's on 2-3 occasions, he thought he could ghost drop a planet, needless to say by the night's end he wasn't a happy puppy.

What continues with the war... I'll need to clarify, whether we finish with a few more planets or create our path to a CJF border and negotiate with CW unit's the take back of planets in our rear. We shall see where this war and the drama flow.

#43 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 January 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

And this is exactly why Community Warfare is sometimes not fun.

Really? I would think being able to group with folks and make attacks that change the state of the map is very fun.

Nice write up Apostal!

#44 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

Clan Wolf has pretty much become the whipping boy for all the Mercs to gang up on, regardless of whether the Mercs are playing IS, or Clan. I do not believe any of the other clans have had such hatred from comp Merc teams as Wolf has faced (besides perhaps last week's flare up between CSJ and CGB). Clan Wolf has faced this endless cycle since the start of Community warfare.

Clan Wolf should do some soul searching and the line members need to ask their leadership some hard questions on how this happened.

"Mercs just be hatin'." is a silly answer, clearly for so many mercs to be so angry at one faction out of ten is more than just several large groups just randomly throwing darts at a board to decide who to make their "female dog".

#45 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 24 January 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Clan Wolf should do some soul searching and the line members need to ask their leadership some hard questions on how this happened.

"Mercs just be hatin'." is a silly answer, clearly for so many mercs to be so angry at one faction out of ten is more than just several large groups just randomly throwing darts at a board to decide who to make their "female dog".

It has more to do with human nature than "Mercs just be hatin." Many merc corps play try to play both sides, but in reality, do not truly play both sides. Case in point, CI play both CGB and FRR. Since they make friends in both those factions, it becomes easy to fight Clan Wolf as both those factions. That way, they do not have to lose any gains they made for either faction. This problem could have been avoided had they played CGB attacking FRR, and then Capellan Confederation (Liao) against Federated Suns (Davion).

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 24 January 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#46 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 January 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

It has more to do with human nature than "Mercs just be hatin." Many merc corps play try to play both sides, but in reality, do not truly play both sides. Case in point, -MS- and CI play both CGB and FRR. Since they make friends in both those factions, it becomes easy to fight Clan Wolf as both those factions. That way, they do not have to lose any gains they made for either faction. This problem could have been avoided had they played CGB attacking FRR, and then Capellan Confederation (Liao) against Federated Suns (Davion).

You are incorrect in your assumptions about which factions MS support. We have never played for FRR....well...yet.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 24 January 2015 - 02:02 PM.

#47 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 24 January 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

You are incorrect in your assumptions about which factions MS support. We have never played for FRR....well...yet.

Sorry, I will change my post. However, instead of cryptic remarks about asking the Wolf leadership why mercs do not like us, why do not just tell us?

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 24 January 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#48 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

I wonder how many planets Clan Wolf will have left until this little issue is solved. :)

#49 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostBregor Edain, on 24 January 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

I wonder how many planets Clan Wolf will have left until this little issue is solved. :)

Most wolf units are ignoring CB as we don't want to get involved with your fight with delta. That said if we did decide to ignore FRR and go to the right neither GB or Wolf would be doing much of anything.

#50 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 January 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

Sorry, I will change my post. However, instead of cryptic remarks about asking the Wolf leadership why mercs do not like us, why do not just tell us?

Have I ever made such cryptic remarks? I have not. No. Sleep. Till New Caledonia!

#51 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostBregor Edain, on 24 January 2015 - 02:10 PM, said:

Probably back to being 4 planets or less as all Wolf Units stop playing CW again. When all the merc groups out there (alot of which have really skilled players) all pile on one faction, there is no point in playing quiaff?

View PostAx2Grind, on 24 January 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

Have I ever made such cryptic remarks? I have not. No. Sleep. Till New Caledonia!

No, but clearly you know why it is what it is.

#52 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

CI has not been FRR since the first time they were IS. DURP DURP lets throw out more uninformed facts.

#53 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostNecromantion, on 24 January 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

CI has not been FRR since the first time they were IS. DURP DURP lets throw out more uninformed facts.

I feel as if we have fought you guys twice when you were IS, and twice when you were CGB. You could have a more mature response than DURP DURP. Why do you feel the need to insult when none is needed? (I noticed that you are from Edmonton and I could have responded with a whole variety of insults but I have not)

#54 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 January 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

There are many posts on this forum from some of the largest merc units claiming that the Wolf Leadership treated them very poorly, refused to work with them, said that the only way they'd talk to them is if they agreed to be bondsman, or basically told them to go away as Clans don't use mercs.

I guess the best way to put this is that Clan Wolf "Leadership" consistently fails it's members. From the Steiner Deal, to the way they interacted with mercs, to the relationship with Ghost Bear, to how many of them post on the forums. :(

#55 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 24 January 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

There are many posts on this forum from some of the largest merc units claiming that the Wolf Leadership treated them very poorly, refused to work with them, said that the only way they'd talk to them is if they agreed to be bondsman, or basically told them to go away as Clans don't use mercs.

I guess the best way to put this is that Clan Wolf "Leadership" consistently fails it's members. From the Steiner Deal, to the way they interacted with mercs, to the relationship with Ghost Bear, to how many of them post on the forums. :(

Thank you for the explanation. I understand the idea tha clans should not have mercs, but since this is the system that PGI has set in place, we have to work within it. That being said, I have never seen a merc corp in this game care what anyone thinks of them anyways, so why would the words of a few so called leaders cause faction wide animosity

#56 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 January 2015 - 02:46 PM, said:

Thank you for the explanation. I understand the idea tha clans should not have mercs, but since this is the system that PGI has set in place, we have to work within it. That being said, I have never seen a merc corp in this game care what anyone thinks of them anyways, so why would the words of a few so called leaders cause faction wide animosity

I have to agree. This whole thing got started way back when merc units wanted to go through wolf to attack jade falcon. No one ever said not to join us and do that if they really want to. That said we would not sanction and certainly would not support it since that's not fair to the falcons.

Edited by Blueduck, 24 January 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#57 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Fun.

#58 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 24 January 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

I have to agree. This whole thing got started way back when merc units wanted to go through wolf to attack jade falcon. No one ever said not to join us and do that if they really want to. That said we would not sanction and certainly would not support it since that's not fair to the falcons.

The whole explanation of wanting to challenge Lords and KCom in Clan vs Clan, and needing Clan Wolf planets to do so was dubious at best. If they wanted to attack Jade Falcon as a Clan unit, all they had to do was take a 1 week contract as Clan Wolf and done so. Even if the rest of us Clan Wolf wanted to maintain a ceasefire, this game has proven that Mercs do as they wish.

#59 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 24 January 2015 - 03:40 PM, said:

The whole explanation of wanting to challenge Lords and KCom in Clan vs Clan, and needing Clan Wolf planets to do so was dubious at best. If they wanted to attack Jade Falcon as a Clan unit, all they had to do was take a 1 week contract as Clan Wolf and done so. Even if the rest of us Clan Wolf wanted to maintain a ceasefire, this game has proven that Mercs do as they wish.

It wasn't dubious. It was true. We wanted the freedom to farm salmon from as many places as possible whenever we play as CGB.

#60 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Because the people who run the Mercs are humans. If you treat people badly, call them names, and insult them.. you can't be surprised that they give you the finger and if they can they make things unfun for you. A certain member of the Wolf Faction is learning this lesson now.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users