So, how is this gonna work, really?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Radar

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

Not sure if the topic has been addressed already.

Here is my dilema. I'm a clanner, however since the game begins before the clan invasion, I still wanna play.
So I created two accounts. One with my clan tag and the other just plain ol me.

Now, the game begins, say mid summer next year, and I have progressed somewhat as an Inner Sphere mechwarrior.
Begins the clan invasion. Now I want to start playing as a clanner. Will I have to start all over, will any progress, skills and what ever else I have earned go bye bye?

I guess If I really wanted to play a clan role then I would just go ahead and wait for the invasion to happen and then start playing? That's a pretty long time though.

Has this been worked out?

Or is it going to be like World Of Tanks where we can just show up, start at the bottom of a Mech Tech Tree and work your way up?

I'm kinda fuzzy on the whole thing.

Could someone explain this please?

#2 Black Sunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

We don't know.

#3 Count

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Get captured and become a bondsman.

#4 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

Interesting question. I guess you would need to decide how far your roleplay goes.

Are you a Clan Purist where you only use Clan Equipment? If that is the case then I am guessing you would have to start over with your clan name and work your way up that ladder.

It really depends on whether or not they give you the option to eventually branch into Clan technology on your character or whether that is something that is decided during character creation and then adhered to. Then there is the possibility for them to implement captured clan tech from destroyed clan mechs during battle results postings (ie: enemy mechs are divided amongst the winning team; random items assigned to everyone).

We will have to wait and see ;)

#5 Cattra Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,858 posts
  • LocationFredericton, NB, Canada

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

We do not know. I actually hope this is like EVE online where each account can have three users (or people). Each person will act independently of the others meaning you will have to level them individually, but let me try to assess what you are trying to ask in parts.

View PostRadar, on 24 November 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

Not sure if the topic has been addressed already.

Here is my dilema. I'm a clanner, however since the game begins before the clan invasion, I still wanna play.
So I created two accounts. One with my clan tag and the other just plain ol me.

Since we do not know how accounts will work yet I say this is a good thing, better safe then sorry, quiaff? But on the other hand one account could hold multiple personnel. It comes down to we just do not know yet.

Now, the game begins, say mid summer next year, and I have progressed somewhat as an Inner Sphere mechwarrior.
Begins the clan invasion. Now I want to start playing as a clanner. Will I have to start all over, will any progress, skills and what ever else I have earned go bye bye?

Has this been worked out?

I can see this going two ways, one, create a new account and start as a Clanner. I would hope that this would result in a player starting from scratch again, consequence for better tech and maybe new skills. The other option would be maybe have an already established character taken as a bondsman somehow through a roleplay setting in-game? I am not sure because once more we are still speculating how things will work.

I guess If I really wanted to play a clan role then I would just go ahead and wait for the invasion to happen and then start playing? That's a pretty long time though.

Or is it going to be like World Of Tanks where we can just show up, start at the bottom of a Mech Tech Tree and work your way up?

I'm kinda fuzzy on the whole thing.

Could someone explain this please?

Don't wait to play, hop right in and maybe pub around a bit, get to know the community. A lot of people want to play as the clans right away but they are putting up with being a InnerSphere Stravag. I for one actually will enjoy the Roleplay aspect of this and actually think it will be fun.

As for the tech tree idea I have no idea honestly. I think a lot more will have to do with buying parts, drop fees and player skills personally but once more its just speculation.

Overall I am excited and don't let things like this get you down. ;)
I hope this helps!

#6 Longhorn

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

If you find out before we do, plz tell us. We have 4 drawings and a mention of ponies. That's about all we know.

Oh ya credit where credit is due, DocBach is correct, Hula girls also. Missed that. lol

Edited by Longhorn, 24 November 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#7 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 24 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Longhorn, also some words about Hula girls.

#8 Radar

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:38 AM

I suppose another option, again specualtion here, is the Battlefield P4F model where you are allowed or have a choice of up to 2 charaters on the one account and pay for up to 4.
Anyone acquainted with Battlefield knows you have Recon, Assault, Engineer and Medic/Support.
You can choose any two to run with.
Again, speculation, each character would run individually, and level up separately, since both would have seperate requirements, with their own unlocks and perks.

As everyone mentioned, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
I am pretty sure the Devs may have some thought as to progression and RP.

I appreciate everyones input.
Who konws, maybe the Devs might get some ideas from this topic.

Thanks

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users