Cgb/wolf Meeting Tonight At 7 Central

86 replies to this topic

#61 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 January 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks that somebody who is a member of the clans, rps heavily that way, then suddenly wants to settle a matter of honor in an IS mech is being pretty weak?

It takes far more skill to properly build an IS mech than a clan mech.

Hardwired internals.

Also, Kerensky left the IS with no mechs? Last time I checked, the great father brought tons of the old mechs with them...quiaff?

So, why not honor our ancestors by completing a trial in mechs that they, themselves, may have used...

#62 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Ok.
how many phracts did ole alex take with him ?

hint: the number is not a divider...

Edited by kesmai, 27 January 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#63 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:22 AM

View Postkesmai, on 27 January 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

Ok.
how many phracts did ole alex take with him ?

hint: the number is not a divider...

The answer is irrelevant...

How many of the IIC mechs can clans currently use in MWO?

hint: the number is also undefined if you try to place it on the bottom of a fraction.

#64 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

If you want to honor Kerensky or whatever by using an IS mech, why wouldn't you use an Orion... his personal mech of choice.

The Cataphract is an even more bizzare choice as it's a mech that didn't go into production until around 3025.

The Cataphract is a heavy BattleMech and one of the first original designs since the start of the Succession Wars, though it had inauspicious beginnings. Desperate for a heavy 'Mech design that their ailing infrastructure could sustainably produce and maintain, the Capellan Confederation designed the Cataphract to be assembled from parts they could still manufacture. Dubbed a FrankenMech for its appearance,[4] and using components from the Marauder, Shadow Hawk and Phoenix Hawk,[5] the Cataphract was set to become the Confederation's new standard heavy 'Mech. It entered service just before the Fourth Succession War when the production line on Tikonov fell to the Federated Suns. This embarrassing failure was further compounded when many Davion units, including the Crucis Lancers, adopted the Cataphract as their own. However, the product quality from Tikonov left the Federated Suns wanting (at least in part due to deliberate obstruction by workers still loyal to the Confederation[6]). It was not until 3032 that the Confederation finally replaced the lost factory with one on Betelgeuse, producing their own Cataphracts in time for the Andurien Crisis.[5][7]

Edited by Alexander Steel, 27 January 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#65 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostGyrok, on 27 January 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

It takes far more skill to properly build an IS mech than a clan mech.

That's why the clans didn't invaded the IS with IS tech level mechs. Because that would have taken... "Far more skill".

Edited by Alexander Steel, 27 January 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#66 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostGyrok, on 27 January 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

The answer is irrelevant...

How many of the IIC mechs can clans currently use in MWO?

hint: the number is also undefined if you try to place it on the bottom of a fraction.

Why on earth would a "Khan" even want to use a IIC mech? IIC mechs are reserved for disgraced and older mech warriors who are no longer fit for front line duty and can only hope to serve their clan in Garrison work. I guess with the trouble you caused your clan one might suggest you are disgraced... but.... :unsure:

#67 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:37 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 January 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

IIC mechs are reserved for disgraced and older mech warriors who are no longer fit for front line duty and can only hope to serve their clan in Garrison work.

Could I ask you to produce a source on this? I have not found this written anywhere and I am curious about it.

#68 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostVincent V., on 27 January 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Could I ask you to produce a source on this? I have not found this written anywhere and I am curious about it.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/IIC

Although superior to Inner Sphere technology, IIC 'Mechs and fighters do not make use of Omni technology and were thus already considered obsolete by the Clans by the time of the Clan Invasion. They were absent from frontline formations, but were used in second-line and garrison units.

In the novels and scenarios the IS didn't actually encounter any of them during the first waves of the invasions as the leading units were all front line units. It wasn't until the IS started to strike at world's past the front that were garrisoned by older or disgraced warriors that they started to encounter these designs.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clans

Second-line units are a Clan's reserve and garrison force, used to hold ground taken by front-line units or to attack secondary objectives. These forces typically consist of trueborn warriors less skilled or who have aged past the point where they are still worthy of serving in front-line units, and while not given the latest equipment many still possess Omni technology and given good logistical support. A step down from second-line units, though in the same category, are provisional garrison units. These forces are held in the rear to clean up after front- and second-line units and hold less-important targets. Such units rarely use Omni technology or battle armored Elementals, instead making due with conventional BattleMechs and aerospace fighters, along with combat vehicles and unarmored infantry. Some Clans make no distinction between second-line Clusters and Provisional Garrison Clusters (PGCs), leading to a larger reserve force with admittedly greater inequality between units. Freeborns, regardless of skill, are assigned to second-line units if a Clan allows them to serve as warriors.[61][62][63]

Edited by Alexander Steel, 27 January 2015 - 02:39 PM.

#69 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostVincent V., on 27 January 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Omnimechs are considered the pinnacle of Clan mech technology, much like Trueborns are the pinnacle of Clan genetics. A IIc battlemech is still just a battlemech, not customizable like an Omni, so they would be considered second-class mechs, reserved for freeborn warriors in garrison clusters and solahma units (not disgraced warriors per se, but past their prime warriors)

Sarna, while not always entirely accurate (much like wikipedia) has an article on this:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/IIC

#70 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 January 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Why on earth would a "Khan" even want to use a IIC mech? IIC mechs are reserved for disgraced and older mech warriors who are no longer fit for front line duty and can only hope to serve their clan in Garrison work. I guess with the trouble you caused your clan one might suggest you are disgraced... but.... :unsure:

Well, I quite frankly chose the mech I did because I have the prerogative.

RP is one thing, when it comes to battles I have more zellbrigen duels in Cataphracts than any other mech by a large number.

You play to your strengths when you are going to participate in a Trial.

Also, as a Khan, I have nothing to explain to anyone...much less a mercenary masquerading as a smoke jaguar.

#71 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:32 PM

are you lost Alexander Steel?

#72 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 27 January 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

are you lost Alexander Steel?

Nope.. moving closer to Terra Daily. Are you lost?

#73 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

Hey all,

John Wolf has agreed to carry a list of our issues/solutions to the dev in regards to the merc/clan issues from this weekend.

I've created a thread for it in the clan forums.

Please post your issues/suggestions there and I will compile to send to John.

#74 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostGyrok, on 27 January 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Well, I quite frankly chose the mech I did because I have the prerogative.

RP is one thing, when it comes to battles I have more zellbrigen duels in Cataphracts than any other mech by a large number.

You play to your strengths when you are going to participate in a Trial.

Also, as a Khan, I have nothing to explain to anyone...much less a mercenary masquerading as a smoke jaguar.

Actually you wouldn't get to select the mech, you would get to select augmented or unaugmented. IF there were a differences in mech weighs between the two a middle ground mech could be chosen, however you don't get to pick because of... reasons.

#75 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 January 2015 - 03:57 PM, said:

Nope.. moving closer to Terra Daily. Are you lost?

ok, just thought you may have miss clicked when looking for CSJ forum

#76 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Nope...

Wolf Drama = Best Drama.

#77 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 January 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

Actually you wouldn't get to select the mech, you would get to select augmented or unaugmented. IF there were a differences in mech weighs between the two a middle ground mech could be chosen, however you don't get to pick because of... reasons.

I do believe the right to declare your mech is precedented in lore.

#78 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

View PostGyrok, on 27 January 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

I do believe the right to declare your mech is precedented in lore.

Sure the right to declare YOUR mech.
B)

Almost all of the Clan vs Clan circle of equal mech battles happened with different mecs.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 27 January 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#79 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

your both correct lol.... and Steel what drama? lol?

#80 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

this thread is truly cracking me up. Troll on boys and girls, troll on :)
or
somebody go fight, I will be drinking meade in the vikings halls, call if you need something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users