Good Job To Davion Pugs

29 replies to this topic

#21 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

You guys play a lot like Clanners, only better. Its an adjustment.

Honestly this was what we needed. We were getting lethargic and a bit stale and folks drifting away. Matches with Marik are always fun (go try to push them out - I dare you) but many of us have been dropping 10+ a day against them. I know every Marik pilot by now. Liao is like 14 people, 4 of which are terribly bitter. We miss the goons even.

Now we've got people seriously reevaluating tactics, builds and the total **** coordination we displayed lately. When cw started our success wasn't just good mercs - we established tactical approaches and coordinated units and tactics. We haven't done that in a while. We have a routine with Marik and Liao. Made us lazy and complacent and we got kicked in teeth over it.

Now we need to put our Rocky montage training cutsceen together, then come back and remind folks how we kicked so much ass out of the gate.

#22 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

Ya you guys should be good at adapting. I know sometimes we change what we are doing on a game to game basis.

#23 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

Wish we could have fought the 22nd Argyle tonight, but good work by HHoD and RRB- many fast and furious games played while taking back Misery.

Also, good job on Elidere IV- the 9th Sword had a hard decision to make in pulling off Elidere at the last minute to finish off Misery. Another ten minutes in queue and you would have had both, excellent strategic move. I'm just glad we had an extra member notice that the attackers' numbers suddenly dropped on Elidere and we were able to return to Misery.

All in all, very good night for both sides.

#24 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

Great fights all night.. We knew all we could get was a defense on Elidere that last drop since you were already in the queue waiting, and that would gain us nothing, so we gambled on the shot at Misery to pull some of you off and maybe tip it back under.. You certainly defended it well.. and we got a couple quick drops in there in a row, which was nice. We didn't hold there but without you on Elidere.... it worked out ok.

Again, Well fought, excellent fights.. See you on the next Red planet !! B) :)

#25 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 27 January 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

Wish we could have fought the 22nd Argyle tonight, but good work by HHoD and RRB- many fast and furious games played while taking back Misery.

Also, good job on Elidere IV- the 9th Sword had a hard decision to make in pulling off Elidere at the last minute to finish off Misery. Another ten minutes in queue and you would have had both, excellent strategic move. I'm just glad we had an extra member notice that the attackers' numbers suddenly dropped on Elidere and we were able to return to Misery.

All in all, very good night for both sides.

We've been juggling 2 or 3 fronts for a long time. Switching up like that is literally a big part of the Marik/Davion meta. We tended to average 50/50 win rates and so it often came down to the right switch at the right time to flip worlds.

We're so rusty! Developed some bad habits that needed broken. You're going to find though that time and numbers are with us. I'm going to cheat and flat out tell you - today, when we were slightly out-numbering you on the Kurita front we still had ~40 people queued up in the wrong places. They'll end up with Kurita sooner rather than later. We'll get our bad habits ironed out and the good ones distributed (again), especially when some missing people come back.

Look forward to fighting against you. NS has been rattling is around but there's no shame in losing to someone who out-plays you, so long as you evaluate why and what you need to improve. At this point though wouldn't complain to play against someone different :P

#26 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 January 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

We've been juggling 2 or 3 fronts for a long time. Switching up like that is literally a big part of the Marik/Davion meta. We tended to average 50/50 win rates and so it often came down to the right switch at the right time to flip worlds.

We're so rusty! Developed some bad habits that needed broken. You're going to find though that time and numbers are with us. I'm going to cheat and flat out tell you - today, when we were slightly out-numbering you on the Kurita front we still had ~40 people queued up in the wrong places. They'll end up with Kurita sooner rather than later. We'll get our bad habits ironed out and the good ones distributed (again), especially when some missing people come back.

Look forward to fighting against you. NS has been rattling is around but there's no shame in losing to someone who out-plays you, so long as you evaluate why and what you need to improve. At this point though wouldn't complain to play against someone different :P

Are you guys done for the night?

#27 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

It's been fun dropping against you guys tonight, I admire your tenacity and appreciate you guys queuing up so we don't have to ghost drop post ceasefire.

#28 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

Kudos to you guys for the excellent sportsmanship

#29 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 28 January 2015 - 12:17 AM, said:

Are you guys done for the night?

Some time around 2am I got to sleep.

Mixed unit + pugs isn't going to beat back your well coordinated 12man. However, good practice is way better than bad practice. Especially right now, I'm getting 20mc each match playing you guys. Better than you dropping turrets and us pugging.

We'll play you until we're winning 50/50. Way better than reinforcing bad habits in pug queue without being sure you get your 20mc.

Made 100mc last night and some fun matches. That is as good as cw gets :-P

#30 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 January 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

We'll play you until we're winning 50/50.

Good luck with that. :lol:
Sorry I had to farm Jax down to like 8% before killing him!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users