55 replies to this topic

#41 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 06 February 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

5D's quirks are up, and as predicted they're LB-10X oriented. it's not as crazy as with the CN9-D, but decent enough. also, the mech's silhouette looks like it can take a beating. (also extra structure on arms and legs, swoot!)

I can't say I adore the LXB quirks... but it'll have to do for now. It's not like you can't do whatever you like with the ballistic hardpoints and just accept that it's not the optimal quirking.

We'll see how it actually feels on the battlefield.

#42 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:18 PM

Problem is, both Ballistics are in the RA, it is like the Wolverine-6K, functions nice until someone blows that RA off.

The Panther-10K got ERPPRC quirks at half TDR-9S values. Think people will not try 2 ERPPC?

#43 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

As true as that may be, it will be still be a competitor in the game. A LBX-10 Cooldown wouldn't hurt...

#44 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:54 AM

Theres only one question i have, will the range increase reduce the close range spread to keep the long range spread the same, if not then the bonus to LB range is kinda pointless because it is possibly the last weapon that has that kind of range that youd want to actually use at such range.

Either way tho the general bonuses are pretty good for other ballistics.

#45 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 06 February 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

5D's quirks are up, and as predicted they're LB-10X oriented. it's not as crazy as with the CN9-D, but decent enough. also, the mech's silhouette looks like it can take a beating. (also extra structure on arms and legs, swoot!)

I actually like that they are not as crazy as the Cents. The cent-D has such crazy LBX quirks you would be dumb NOT to use one. At least with the enforcer-5D I can put a different ballistic in there and still be happy about it.

#46 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:25 AM

Fish, in one particular build discussion thread long ago I made the remark:
"Heh, relax Fish..."

Reading this thread I have to rescind that statement with an apology. :mellow:

#47 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostPunk Oblivion, on 07 February 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

I actually like that they are not as crazy as the Cents. The cent-D has such crazy LBX quirks you would be dumb NOT to use one. At least with the enforcer-5D I can put a different ballistic in there and still be happy about it.

Basically, without the auto-shotgun perks on the Cent-D, there would be no reason to even use an LBX since it's a garbage weapon that has the worst features of missiles (spread) and ballistics (weight). The Cent-D needs those ridiculous quirks.

The ones that the Enforcer received are just not worth using an LBX at all. They're not strong enough to justify gimping yourself with a bad weapon system. A 10% bonus to any other ballistic is still more useful than building around a 20% bonus to LBX.

#48 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostInRev, on 08 February 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

Basically, without the auto-shotgun perks on the Cent-D, there would be no reason to even use an LBX since it's a garbage weapon that has the worst features of missiles (spread) and ballistics (weight). The Cent-D needs those ridiculous quirks.

The ones that the Enforcer received are just not worth using an LBX at all. They're not strong enough to justify gimping yourself with a bad weapon system. A 10% bonus to any other ballistic is still more useful than building around a 20% bonus to LBX.

Yay!

Frankly, quirks for LB-Xs just tick me off the base gun is so bad (see also AC/2 quirks).

#49 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 08 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

View PostTerciel1976, on 08 February 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

Yay!

Frankly, quirks for LB-Xs just tick me off the base gun is so bad (see also AC/2 quirks).

Bad weapons need good quirks. An AC/2 with ridiculous, Thunderbolt quality, heat reduction quirks could be amusing (though still probably not "competitive") but what PGI has been giving (7.5% cooldown? Really? Why bother?) has been largely worthless. Same with LBX. The Cent-D quirks are pure troll-build hilarity, but 10% on the Enforcer? Worthless.

The second I saw that the ® variant came stock with an LBX, I realized I probably wouldn't be using the "hero" Enforcer from the pack. It's just such an awful weapon, one that PGI seems perfectly content with leaving in the trash heap because Underhive dwellers swear by it without knowing what is actually going on.

#50 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:16 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 26 January 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

AC5 + 2 PPC:s maybe XL255 will be pretty good

thats what i run on the trebuchet. its nice :D

#51 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostInRev, on 08 February 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

Bad weapons need good quirks. An AC/2 with ridiculous, Thunderbolt quality, heat reduction quirks could be amusing (though still probably not "competitive") but what PGI has been giving (7.5% cooldown? Really? Why bother?) has been largely worthless. Same with LBX. The Cent-D quirks are pure troll-build hilarity, but 10% on the Enforcer? Worthless.

The second I saw that the ® variant came stock with an LBX, I realized I probably wouldn't be using the "hero" Enforcer from the pack. It's just such an awful weapon, one that PGI seems perfectly content with leaving in the trash heap because Underhive dwellers swear by it without knowing what is actually going on.

Wasn't the ''Hero'' originally the 4R too? Cause they usually go with the first/original variant of the chassis as the one with the c-bill bonus. I mean, sure with the 5D you get the Xl engine and certain upgrades but in MWO the LBX isn't an upgrade of the regular AC10. We'd have been better off with the 4R...

#52 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostPowerOfNapes, on 08 February 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Wasn't the ''Hero'' originally the 4R too? Cause they usually go with the first/original variant of the chassis as the one with the c-bill bonus. I mean, sure with the 5D you get the Xl engine and certain upgrades but in MWO the LBX isn't an upgrade of the regular AC10. We'd have been better off with the 4R...

I disagree. the 5D has better hardpoints overall, more JJs and a vastly higher engine cap. so many possibilities for diverse builds!

#53 Punk Oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 352 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostInRev, on 08 February 2015 - 08:37 AM, said:

I am not saying the LBX is a great weapon, but I think it is a fun weapon anyways. I run my Cent-D with a couple LRM5's to use early in the battle, and use my LBX to swat away lights until later in the fight until the armor has been stripped off most the enemy mechs and I can put the LBX's extra crit chance to maximum use.

But getting back on subject, I am thinking either AC5/AC2 or dual UAC5 maybe? Or an AC10 with some backup lasers... I typically like ballistics best, so I will lean more heavily on the ballistics than the lasers.

#54 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:33 PM

View PostInflatable Fish, on 08 February 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

I disagree. the 5D has better hardpoints overall, more JJs and a vastly higher engine cap. so many possibilities for diverse builds!

Ok, so the engine limit difference is actually a huge deal that I'd overlooked. The other thing I'd failed to see is that the 5D does benefit from an arm that can be turned completely into a shield in exchange at the cost of a single energy hardpoint, whereas the 4R would lose 3 energy harpoints.

I guess we'll have to see how the other variants are quirked before making a final judgement on which of these is best but either way I'll be in these for a while.

#55 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:12 PM

The 5D and 4R are looking really fun. Though I'm not a fan of the 5D getting LBX quirks, while it has 2 ballistic hardpoints. A general 20% buff to ballistic cooldown, velocity, and range would've been much more favorable.

My only hope for the 4P, is that it lacks a lower arm actuators and can mount an AC20. The needed to give it at least 2 energy points in that left torso. It's safe to assume it'll get UAC5 quirks (meh), so they better be drastic.

Edited by Kevjack, 10 February 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#56 Inflatable Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

View PostKevjack, on 10 February 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

The 5D and 4R are looking really fun. Though I'm not a fan of the 5D getting LBX quirks, while it has 2 ballistic hardpoints. A general 20% buff to ballistic cooldown, velocity, and range would've been much more favorable.

*looks at WVR-6R quirks*

... yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users