The Easy Fix For Cw Numbers.

25 replies to this topic

#21 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Another part of it is ease of play, Defending que's are filled because all defenders need to do is kick the enemy team's ass. Attack que's are barely filled because it requres actual tactics to push forward. And people seemingly don't want to think. This is clearly a failing on the community, and NOT on the devs.

Um, there's no such thing as a cue that lets you pick attack or defend. attack/defend a planet /= attack/defend when you drop

It would be a lot easier to take your condescension if you had a basic understanding of how the gameplay works. Maybe L2P before berating everyone.

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 27 January 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

Um, there's no such thing as a cue that lets you pick attack or defend. attack/defend a planet /= attack/defend when you drop

It would be a lot easier to take your condescension if you had a basic understanding of how the gameplay works. Maybe L2P before berating everyone.

Actually he is reading the player strategy used in CW. Picking Defense is picking to have the walls and turrets. PGI played a nice joke and made the choices have a chance of being the opposite.

#23 Ian G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:16 AM

Sorry, but for teams attacking is the easy mode. At least if you are IS.

Defending takes more time and is prone to fail, if the attackers know what they are doing. So I will always take attacking over defense, at least when I'm with my unit. If I'm not with the guys, I don't play CW.

Against Clans with IS tech, just hope and pray you get Sulphurus Rift, else it will be always a difficult game becaus of massive range advantage of Clan mechs.

#24 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 26 January 2015 - 01:39 PM, said:

Make all matches, CW matches.[with the exclusion of "recruits" that are still on their bonus time]

Nope. People left CW for good reasons. The game play is shallow and repetitive, the maps are horribly designed, the set-up grossly favors the defenders (and gives the defenders higher payouts since damage vs. the "objectives" doesn't count for the attackers, thus ironically punishing them for trying to complete their mission), and CW matches are often horribly lop-sided thanks to a total lack of a matchmaker - many games are complete wastes of time because they are decided at the drop screen.

Sadly, a vocal minority has convinced PGI that the above mess is perfectly acceptable, and adding a few more badly designed maps and sprinkling more generators around will somehow make CW fun to play. It won't, and I wouldn't expect most of the players who left it to ever return for more than a day or so after a CW-related patch.

If CW was the only game mode available, MWO would be dead within a month.

View PostRG Notch, on 26 January 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

I think forcing people to play a certain way is always a good idea. I mean remember how happy everyone was when PGI took away the mode choice for a bit. I'm sure this will be as pleasantly and calmly recieved by the player base at large. :ph34r:

There's a lot of that in this forum: force people to play CW, force people into CW matches if part of a group, prohibit PUG's and casuals from using a match-maker or otherwise having any fun in CW, etc. And yet it is all somehow "shocking" that CW is failing.

Edited by oldradagast, 28 January 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#25 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

If I understand it correctly, OP wants the public queue to be part of CW? While this would indeed increase the numbers, it wouldn't change the waiting times as long as there is numerical balance between the factions. Also, what queue should people use to "level" their 'Mechs if the public queue suddenly "matters"?

#26 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostIan G, on 28 January 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

Sorry, but for teams attacking is the easy mode. At least if you are IS.

Defending takes more time and is prone to fail, if the attackers know what they are doing. So I will always take attacking over defense, at least when I'm with my unit. If I'm not with the guys, I don't play CW.

Against Clans with IS tech, just hope and pray you get Sulphurus Rift, else it will be always a difficult game becaus of massive range advantage of Clan mechs.

I've had both maps and Defended against Clans on *BAMF*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users