#41 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:29 AM

Thank you! I was waiting this sale to get some fancy colors and cockpit items with my hard-earned credits. . *Goes to the local Wolf authorized dealer*

Edited by CyclonerM, 27 January 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#42 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 27 January 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

don't skip timbies, get the timbeis, they are eezmode mechs, and so you make money in a very efficient way, and so the entire goal of your mech selection will be reached faster.

also, think logically, if you can not afford them within the sale, better grab the sales ones, that are most expensive, becaue the absolutemoney amount you save is the highest. ES for your jeager,VCT,CDA is a fixed amount not for sale, so nothing to save. timbes and direwolfes are with discount. and come with all the upgrades in their price, and so the upgrades are kinda also for discount.

don't miss that chance now.

should i get 2-3 adders instead of a timberwolf?

I mean the sum of the adders will add to 1 timberwolf+ in savings and I am more of an adder fan in previous games...

Also I can master the adders faster as I will get all 3.

#43 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 26 January 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

So what you're saying is that IS mechs should be discounted more because they cost less? When we had that event that gave us a discount on the Storm Crow both the IS and Clan mechs had the same discount (45%)...all I was curious about was why this time PGI made the discounts for Clan and IS different. I'm not complaining, I'm very grateful for the sale, but I would like to know from PGI why there is a difference.
Bront I hope you are right about the Steiner sale, looking forward to it!

No, IS mechs are discounted more because there's additional costs built into them after you buy the chasis. Most have a 1,500,000 Heat Sink tax, and a 100,00 * Tonnage Endosteel tax, not to mention the engine tax.

Many fitted out IS mechs actually cost more than their clan counterparts overall.

#44 Emmett Fetladral

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

It would be interesting to know when the clan faction pattern are going to be available for the wave 1 Mechs. I would like to buy them for my Timbi and Warhawk.

Has something been announced yet?

#45 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Posted Image

Edited by Budor, 27 January 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#46 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

I really wish we could get some sort of advanced notice. I bought a WHK for 16 million last night. Com'n man.

#47 CdtWeasel

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 27 January 2015 - 07:49 AM, said:

I really wish we could get some sort of advanced notice. I bought a WHK for 16 million last night. Com'n man.

Send a nice note to customer support and they may probably help you out

#48 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 27 January 2015 - 04:07 AM, said:

don't skip timbies, get the timbeis, they are eezmode mechs, and so you make money in a very efficient way, and so the entire goal of your mech selection will be reached faster.

also, think logically, if you can not afford them within the sale, better grab the sales ones, that are most expensive, becaue the absolutemoney amount you save is the highest. ES for your jeager,VCT,CDA is a fixed amount not for sale, so nothing to save. timbes and direwolfes are with discount. and come with all the upgrades in their price, and so the upgrades are kinda also for discount.

don't miss that chance now.

Yeah, but the Timbies will never make as much money as my c-bill harvesting Hellbringer. Invasion variant with 30% boost, 2xLRM15+A, ECM, 6xSPL. It earns me an average of 259k per match after wins and losses are averaged.

If i had a c-bill boosted variant I would jump on top of the Timbie sale. However, Dires at 18 million are higher than I will ever likely grind out for 3 mechs, so Dires at 13 mil it is. 4.5 million savings per mech is hard to pass up.

Edited by Greenjulius, 27 January 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#49 Rentier

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 172 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty, it was

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

Hello,

i can't find the Hanging Medallions fpr 250MC ?!?
I only can buy the stained glass ones for 375MC!

or what prequisition is needed to be able to buy them?!?

Thx

Edit: some posts before already asked ...

Edited by Rentier, 27 January 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#50 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

#51 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

I sent an email to support requesting some kind of a refund/reimbursement. I will let you know how it goes. Definitely made it aware that the mech was purchased hours before the sale. Thanks for the idea.

#52 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

Sorry everyone!

The sales text should have made reference to the Standing Clan Banners, not the Hanging Clan Medallions.
The original sales text has been updated to reflect this.

Those Medallions are part of the Faction Content packages, and are not yet available for purchase in-game.

Those Medallions were provided as part of the Wave 1 release, and are not yet available for purchase in-game.

#53 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 27 January 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Those Medallions are part of the Faction Content packages, and are not yet available for purchase in-game.

They aren't from those packages. Those packages gave us the stained glass medallions. The metal medallions came with Clan Wave 1 and it wasn't even a matter of getting to choose which ones we wanted. Puma collection came with Ghost Bear, Ryoken with Ghost Bear + Jade Falcon, Mad Cat with Ghost Bear + Jade Falcon + Wolf, and Masakari with all four.

Is there any particular reason why these medallions weren't released? Could we see them released soon? (Preferably before the end of the sale.)

#54 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

Right you are, my mistake there.

As for the availability of those medallions, let me poke some people about it.

#55 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

the patterns are not showing discount on all mechs. like my cicada still shows 750 while dw shows 375 for Sherman.... so is mechs cant get the sale price on patterns or what?

#56 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

View Postplayful0, on 27 January 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

the patterns are not showing discount on all mechs. like my cicada still shows 750 while dw shows 375 for Sherman.... so is mechs cant get the sale price on patterns or what?

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 January 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

*Listed sale prices are only applicable for Clan Wave 1 'Mechs: Timber Wolf, Adder, Dire Wolf, Kit Fox, Nova, Stormcrow, Summoner, Warhawk.
As normal, Pattern unlocks are on a per-chassis basis.

#57 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

Okay, so the standard Wave 1 Clan Medallions are going to be available for in-game purchase starting tomorrow, and will be included as part of the Wave 1 Clan 'Mech sale.

#58 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

I admired the Phranken scheme on many Stormcrow for a while but this pushed me to finally pull the trigger.

#59 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 27 January 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

Okay, so the standard Wave 1 Clan Medallions are going to be available for in-game purchase starting tomorrow, and will be included as part of the Wave 1 Clan 'Mech sale.

Yaaaayyyy!!! I'll be sure to buy at least three Wolf medallions as thanks. :)

#60 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

Do the discounts change the value of 'Mechs whenn selling it ?

How is the selling value calculated ?

Any detailed info about stuff like that ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users