Make 'mech Bays Available For Purchase With C-Bills?

131 replies to this topic

Poll: Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills? (710 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills?

1. Yes (439 votes [61.83%])

Percentage of vote: 61.83%

2. No (271 votes [38.17%])

Percentage of vote: 38.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 02 March 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

Why is Karma Koin your only way of paying?

Unless you want to keep every mech you purchase, you can easily build a full CW deck with 4 bays. Of course, this is before factoring in the free bays you can get from playing a few matches per faction in CW.

Here's how I did it when I first started playing MWO:

Because current events made it rather unsuitable for me to do Paypal, Credit, or Debit card. Alright- there are many other options there still... however majority are US only. Karma koin is the only payment option that isn't the 'common' trio of paypall/credit/debit that is suitable in NZ. It also has benifits as you can easily do give aways with Karma koin as well and easily join cards credit (making it very good for money management for a gift card- especially the ones you can load more money on anywhere between 5 to 500 US dollars. Kinda like a debit card but more limited but easier to put money on).

However I can try to muscle it and try to get a debit card at the very least in probably 8 months or so. it will be quite a hassel and get in the way of things but hey, It will be nice to buy battletech merchandise and stuff online and stuff for once.

(note: I came to terms that I will buy a lot of KK and just do a give away before it's gone. I do not mind I won't be able to upgrade my kodiak package for nearly a year. I kinda always preferred giving than buying stuff for myself..)

#102 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

View PostCathy, on 28 February 2016 - 01:31 AM, said:

No game ever makes extra bays available for in game currency, its the only form of income, in many cases, if this was introduced it would be counter productive.

The game is free to play as it stands, just you want a stable, you have to pay to keep your mechs.

However, P.G.I should provide Six free mech bays, not just Four, which is enough Free Mech bays to give you a usable CW deck, without having to use trial mechs.

War Thunder gives 3 crew slots (equivalent) for free for each nation (5 nations atm, so 15... a new nation is apparently coming so that's soon 18). Not only that but you can basically put vehicles into storage....

So yea... oh- and you can get I think 5 slots max using in game currency per nation, so atm 25 slots, soon: 30 slots...

Just saying...

#103 Ooorky

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:09 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 02 March 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

War Thunder gives 3 crew slots (equivalent) for free for each nation (5 nations atm, so 15... a new nation is apparently coming so that's soon 18). Not only that but you can basically put vehicles into storage....

So yea... oh- and you can get I think 5 slots max using in game currency per nation, so atm 25 slots, soon: 30 slots...

Just saying...

I Rolfstomped all of the "nations" in CW with 1 week contracts.
On level 2 all of them gave me a mechbay.
That's how many for free?

#104 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:15 PM

View PostBespoke Cheese Cake, on 28 January 2015 - 04:05 AM, said:

Sounds like a good idea to at least have the option. Even if it is a stupid amount of C-bills, it would still be worthwhile. Rather than having to fork out real money just to get more variants.

I don't want to hear that "oh just sell one" nonsense. I'm a collector I keep the mechs I buy.

Do you like having a game to play at all? They do have to make money somehow, you know.

#105 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

50,000,000 per mechbay

Because that is how much I have in cBill currently

Expanding the free in free to play would help those that cannot buy mechbays for whatever reason
It would also devise another cBill sink for those of us whom have earned the 1% title twice or three times over

I agree mechbays are really cheap
I agree that you can earn them from even participation if you can break 100 match score

I still think it would be worth trying to see how people react

Even at 100,000,000 cBills per mechbay you would have that person playing all those hours and what we need is more players playing.

Instead of investing money you can invest epic amounts of time to get the same reward

I have 75 mechbays 69 of them full
The vast majority I got from events and a few with my Founders MC
I have purchased and received about 15 from wave 2 and 3 with the mechs I bought

I haven't bought MC in years, I do not have the rewards for buying MC before the anniversary but I still have 75 mechbays

So I know you can earn them rather than buy them but I support free mechbays

Edited by Xetelian, 21 May 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#106 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 May 2016 - 05:29 PM

View PostXetelian, on 21 May 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

50,000,000 per mechbay

Because that is how much I have in cBill currently

Expanding the free in free to play would help those that cannot buy mechbays for whatever reason
It would also devise another cBill sink for those of us whom have earned the 1% title twice or three times over

I agree mechbays are really cheap
I agree that you can earn them from even participation if you can break 100 match score

I still think it would be worth trying to see how people react

Even at 100,000,000 cBills per mechbay you would have that person playing all those hours and what we need is more players playing.

Instead of investing money you can invest epic amounts of time to get the same reward

I have 75 mechbays 69 of them full
The vast majority I got from events and a few with my Founders MC
I have purchased and received about 15 from wave 2 and 3 with the mechs I bought

I haven't bought MC in years, I do not have the rewards for buying MC before the anniversary but I still have 75 mechbays

So I know you can earn them rather than buy them but I support free mechbays

But you can get ~24 or so for free very easily from playing Faction Warfare, they regularly give them out for free in events... Even ignoring everything else, CW is such an easy way to get a bunch of them, I can't take complaints like this thread seriously.

You get 4 to start, can gain more easily via CW, they give them out for free.

I've bought mechs via packs, of course, but I've bought LOTS via cbills too. I've never once bought a mech bay. Never. Not one.

I've got 140 mech bays, 128 mechs. And many, many cbill purchased mechs.

#107 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:29 AM

Mech bays are probably the main source of PGI financing..

They give them out as grand prizes for god's sake!

So no.. they will probably never ever (ever ever ever) become available for anything but MC..

Even after PGI implements many other cash revenues like custom geometry, huds, and cosmetics.. Mech Bays are something that every player needs to play the game.. nobody has only 4 mechs for years.. so they would be completely bonkers to give that cash cow up..

Accept this.

#108 Seddrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:26 AM

No. Period.

They give you starter bays free, plus u get free mechs (and bays) and sometimes just free bays for varios achievements and events. This is one thing I really think PGI should keep as it is. i tend to only buy "permanent" things in a game. I bought a large number of bays for this very reason.

While I think a lot of mechs and equipment are a bit pricy... Bays are just fine.

The only thing I would change is standard to endo steel costing every time you change it. Once you buy it, you should be able to adjust your mech without renewed costs (just like buying weapons or modules, once you have them you can change them without cost).

#109 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 03 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

I'm sure I've commented on this but seriously no.

There should be 6 free because of game mechanic's and FW 3 isn't enough period.

Why should people have to sell mechs and repurchase just so they can have a full FW deck, and I'm sure this is one of the reasons the population is less than it could be.

All games of this type need income generation and call them garage/harbour/hanger slots or mech bays its how ALL companies, making this kind of game generate cash from people, and calling for C-bill mechbays is well not very sensible at best.

#110 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:59 AM

Bad idea, mechbays are the single most important element to make people put some money in the game.

Without money the game dies.

#111 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:10 PM

Most likely every time someone asks for a mech bay sale, or mech bay prize, or mech bay for c-bills...russ pushes the planned sale date back a week. Its like those X days without a workplace accident signs... except its "days without someone asking for a mech bay sale".

#112 Fiona Marshe Pureborn

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:25 PM

My 'free' account (this one) has 21 mech bays. All earned through in-game rewards.

#113 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

View PostSh4nk0h0l1c, on 27 January 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

This discussion is as old as the game itself...

You can play the game as much you want without having to pay a cent... you even get 4 Mechbays for free...
The price of a mechbay is so low, if you cant afford it you probably shouldnt even play pc games...
Despite the fact that you can win mechbays from time to time...

grow up boy... nothing in life is for free...
1000K Dislikes.

#114 a gaijin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationUS Naval Base, Yokosuka, Japan

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:45 PM

I vote YES with a caveat:

The Mech Bay cost should be 50,000,000 C-Bills.

I mean... think about it:
It can be used for any mech, and then there's the fixed costs of monthly utilties and maintenance, not to mention BattleMech Technician salaries...

Heck, 50,000,000 C-Bills for a mech bay is a bargain Posted Image

#115 Thenrin

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

No money, No PGI.
No PGI, No MWO.
No MWO, No Bueno!

This is not difficult math, people.

#116 Mjoellnir

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostThenrin, on 21 January 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

No money, No PGI.
No PGI, No MWO.
No MWO, No Bueno!

That´s it.

Edited by Mjoellnir, 21 January 2017 - 12:29 PM.

#117 PhoeinxMW

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

OK, I've been reading your opinions on this and I got a few things to say.

First, If they made mech bays purchasable via cbills. It wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) Hurt PGI profit. Because why would making mech bays purchasable with Cbills make anyone pay less money when getting MC? Look if your willing to get MC, your probably still going to use it on mech bays, that doesn't change. May be instead you use cbills to get mech bays and spend some of that sweet MC on cool stuff like paints and designs (which should also be more Cbill options).

Its not a world ending move on PGI's part. Because I bet you, that most if not all of PGI's profit comes from mech packs. Cause even if you get the cheapest pack, its still a good chunk of money. Also why would keeping mech bays only MC benefit PGI, answer, it wouldn't. You know when I started playing years ago I HATED how the mech bay system worked. Cause I didn't think about it, bought some cheap lights then boom, out of room. And this was before "CW" or "Faction" so it was basically get MC or be happy with 4 bays.

Now I love this game, don't get me wrong. Mech warrior franchise has been a favorite of mine for years. (Which this game totally upholds) But you know I don't have the time to grind out mech bays. So then do I spend money on getting mech bays? Honestly, I just don't have money just to go out and buy MC for mech bays. And I see those people saying "don't be cheap, buy MC to get your Bays" or "Grind some CW loser". Ether way that's a deep investment and both ways are awful methods.

But the CW thing is most annoying. They give you some numbers like "50 mech bays". This is true, but in a stupid way, because in order to achieve that you are going to need to spend A LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNG LONG time....... I've only started doing Faction play (CW) and get what ive gotten 0 mech bays.

Not even 1 reputation toward a mech bay because of probation, long game loads. Which isn't the worst thing. If you could all the games needed for that one bay in a day, Cool. You just spent probably 7 hours just to get one bay. THAN if you want another, keep playing that same faction FOREVER or quit it, be forced to wait 7 days, start the same cycle. For like 10 factions. That is a LONG TIME.

Now if you think i'm saying that, "yewww, paying for stuff". I'm not, but I am saying its ridiculous having to play money without any other option, oh but wait, how about them events? well guess what, those aren't regular, don't always give mech bays, and are just a pain.

Let me just summarize my point. MC for mech bays 'cool', lots of CW for bays 'ok', bays for events 'reasonable'. And I know you can get a fair amount of bays without paying. But what if, for a reasonable price mech bays could be bought for cbills. I saw a good idea of 5.4 million. And that is reasonable, maybe 500k increase every bay till 10 million.

This way new players, which we were all at one time. Can get more room for mechs and not feel "stuck" and leave or just kinda get bored. Cause that's what happened to me. And I know this is a free to play game. This is one of the reasons why this game is awesome! I also know it costs money to continue it. But just putting a reasonable, realistic cbill cost on mech bays isn't going to hurt PGI but can only make the experience of playing this game for both new, and perhaps older players better. increase the likely hood that more players might stay. And learn how awesome this game really is. Than spent their money on a game that is worth while.

#118 Trismegistus

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

It's fine either way but I think there should be a c-bill option even if it's very high.

Also agree that with the generous events it's not really necessary and they are only $1.50 each.

#119 Trismegistus

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostThenrin, on 21 January 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

No money, No PGI.
No PGI, No MWO.
No MWO, No Bueno!

The incorrect part is the presupposition C-bill mechbay, No Money.

Direct mechbay purchases probably account for less than 5% of the profit and even if mechbays were for sale at the right price (high) the majority of players would still opt to use mc for mechbays so they could buy mechs with c-bills.

You're just salty that other people might get more options lol.

#120 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:46 PM

game already offers free mechbays through CW and various events

game has events and other ways to get free MC to get free mech bays

game is doing away with 3 mech system for skilling up, which should free up mechbays for free players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users