Make 'mech Bays Available For Purchase With C-Bills?

131 replies to this topic

Poll: Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills? (710 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI change it so that 'Mech Bays can be bought with C-Bills?

1. Yes (439 votes [61.83%])

Percentage of vote: 61.83%

2. No (271 votes [38.17%])

Percentage of vote: 38.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Ghos7bearD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hamburg

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

No!

Also PGI needs to pay their bills.

You play this game, you have fun with it, so pay for it.

#122 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:37 AM

i have 44 mech bays

And ive never bought one.. Im pretty sure you can do better then this

#123 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

As nice as it would be to buy mech bays for credits I just dont think it will happen as im sure many people spend a little money to get mech bays.

That being said I do think there should be ways to get an additional few say through experience of playing the game. Perhaps one per "level up" of the tier?

#124 Perq

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:53 PM

View PostNorsfyr, on 02 April 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

No!

Also PGI needs to pay their bills.

You play this game, you have fun with it, so pay for it.

Wonder who is going to pay for anything if there are no people to play against.
I simply love how some of you guys completely ignore the fact that for people to pay money, they need to be able to actually use stuff they are paying for. Your whales aren't going to stay if they can't show off their new, expensive toys.

Game is expensive as all *****, not to mention p2w elements all around. If anything, PGI should be panicking and making close-to-everything free, while advertising that fact in all possible press/gaming media.

#125 Slambot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

This topic is pure silliness. The game is completely free to play. There is no downside to not spending any real money on the game EXCEPT only getting 4 mech bays. They give away free mech bays all the time. The company has real employees with real bills to pay. Asking for their baseline revenue product for free is just silliness. If you got mech bays for free, then what would Tina do for food? Could you deprive Tina of food? Would you want to be "that guy"?

View PostPerq, on 19 April 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

Wonder who is going to pay for anything if there are no people to play against.
I simply love how some of you guys completely ignore the fact that for people to pay money, they need to be able to actually use stuff they are paying for. Your whales aren't going to stay if they can't show off their new, expensive toys.

Game is expensive as all *****, not to mention p2w elements all around. If anything, PGI should be panicking and making close-to-everything free, while advertising that fact in all possible press/gaming media.

There is no p2w element to this game...baseline mechs available for in game money are all just as good or better than the premium mechs. The 300 mc for a mech bay equates out to about $1.25 US. That's expensive? What do you eat? Mac and cheese all day?

#126 TheFallOfTheReaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 339 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:36 PM

Set the price at 50million cbills. Be done with it, limit it to 4 ish, then mc only, however you can join a faction and get em from loyalty trees too, events , sales, freebies etc. it's one of pgis cash cows just like stickers colors and soon MechHats ™

Oh look another p2w comment, @Haauk better take a shot

#127 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:31 PM

View PostSh4nk0h0l1c, on 27 January 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

This discussion is as old as the game itself...

You can play the game as much you want without having to pay a cent... you even get 4 Mechbays for free...
The price of a mechbay is so low, if you cant afford it you probably shouldnt even play pc games...
Despite the fact that you can win mechbays from time to time...

grow up boy... nothing in life is for free...
Show me a recent example of such they seem to have been removed from the grabbag.... and some people like to buy games with a one time purchase and unlike you we're not made of money...... And yes nothing in life is free , like FOOOD some people have to buy essentials and not luxary items, and some of us are young and have parents that won't let us use their plastic cards or paypal...

Grow some brain cells or better yet, DONATE YOUR MONEY!!!

Edited by KursedVixen, 02 August 2018 - 08:35 PM.

#128 Moshi

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:28 AM

mechbay = 300 MC at full price

rewards from the current event for the most basic of tasks:
100 MC
50 MC
20 MC
10 MC

with more activities to choose from, and that's just what is going on right now. so maybe they don't gift you a mechbay with a pretty little bow too often, but nothing stopping you from buying one with the MC you have earned. you really don't need to spend any money these days

#129 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:59 AM

View PostSh4nk0h0l1c, on 27 January 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

This discussion is as old as the game itself...

You can play the game as much you want without having to pay a cent... you even get 4 Mechbays for free...
The price of a mechbay is so low, if you cant afford it you probably shouldnt even play pc games...
Despite the fact that you can win mechbays from time to time...

grow up boy... nothing in life is for free...
since when have they released, recently, free mechbays though?

Edited by KursedVixen, 04 March 2019 - 01:43 PM.

#130 Zombiesbum

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 09:54 PM

Mech bays are a stupid concept designed to make players THINK they are getting free "insert-arbitrarily-made-up-currency-here". In reality they are just an invisible tax just like the lottery is for the poor.

Heavens forbid I make enough MC to buy a colour and a hero mech without needing to spend it on mech bays during sales. That's why I refuse to spend a dime on this game. Want me to support a company's game? Don't put dumb **** in it designed to milk me.

That and the ToS basically says "we can ban you for any and/or no reason without refund". I don't support contracts that **** me either.

#131 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:09 AM

View PostKursedVixen, on 04 March 2019 - 11:59 AM, said:

since when have they released, recently, free mechbays though?
2018 loyalty program, free mechbay for 100 matches during the preceding year.
Other than that, PGI has greatly increased the frequencies of events, MC rewards from events and mechbay sales.

#132 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 April 2019 - 03:09 AM

View PostZombiesbum, on 04 March 2019 - 09:54 PM, said:

Mech bays are a stupid concept designed to make players THINK they are getting free "insert-arbitrarily-made-up-currency-here". In reality they are just an invisible tax just like the lottery is for the poor.

Heavens forbid I make enough MC to buy a colour and a hero mech without needing to spend it on mech bays during sales. That's why I refuse to spend a dime on this game. Want me to support a company's game? Don't put dumb **** in it designed to milk me.
If you play events and don't burn too much MC on cosmetics, you can amass a decent stash over time. My F2P clan alt has about 4K MC right now, with about 2-3k spent on cosmetics.

That and the ToS basically says "we can ban you for any and/or no reason without refund". I don't support contracts that **** me either.
That's in the TOS for ANY online service these days.

Edited by Horseman, 08 April 2019 - 03:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users