• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

We must do something about these Painful Threads, I mean, I look everyday and see people complaining about this and that. Ghost Heat is linked, Fixed Jump Jets. They're okay, in that: Some go away, some try to revive and die, and some simply don't.

But I want to get rid of the ones that are trolls and just stupid. MWO doesn't need this kind of trash, it deserves better for the Creators and it's players. I, in most of my gameplay and reading, have only seen a few really bad player bases. I don't want that to happen to MWO. Remember, PGI is a small Company, they're not like the giants of Bestheda Studios or of 343 Industries or even Deep Silver. Give them a break, please, if you were in their shoes, it would be hard too.

Aside from that, MWO is still in progress, and won't be a good game entirely until they get the good stuff in. If you want an estimate, I'd say by late 2016 is when we'll have A LOT of good stuff. Until then, ragers, flammers, extremists and methodists... come back around that time. And for those trolls, we will find you and TK you in the legs... because leg god demands it.

For the rest of us, lets get a stockpile of C-bills until the game can't hold anymore of our currency and blows up (Game gives us negative c-bills, haha ). ~ Scout Derek

Edited by Scout Derek, 03 February 2015 - 11:17 AM.

#2 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

The complaints have been going on for years.

Add some space to that post. :blink:

View PostScout Derek, on 03 February 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

We must do something about these Painful Threads, I mean, I look everyday and see people complaining about this and that. Ghost Heat is linked, Fixed Jump Jets. They're okay, in that: Some go away, some try to revive and die, and some simply don't.

But I want to get rid of the ones that are trolls and just stupid. MWO doesn't need this kind of trash, it deserves better for the Creators and it's players. I, in most of my gameplay and reading, have only seen a few really bad player bases. I don't want that to happen to MWO.

Remember, PGI is a small Company, they're not like the giants of Bestheda Studios or of 343 Industries or even Deep Silver. Give them a break, please, if you were in their shoes, it would be hard too. Aside from that, MWO is still in progress, and won't be a good game entirely until they get the good stuff in. If you want an estimate, I'd say by late 2016 is when we'll have A LOT of good stuff.

Until then, ragers, flammers, extremists and methodists... come back around that time. And for those trolls, we will find you and TK you in the legs... because leg god demands it. For the rest of us, lets get a stockpile of C-bills until the game can't hold anymore of our currency and blows up (Game gives us negative c-bills, haha ). ~ Scout Derek

^_^

#3 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

I don't see any to be honest.
However i do suspect some stream of those threads from several trolls from either a different community or just to waste some time because a main account got suspended.

Edited by Sarlic, 03 February 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#4 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image

#5 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

It used to be a lot worse.

#6 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 03 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

Complaining? No, asking. There's a difference. And now you have been defined now. Good Job on that part.

#7 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

View PostSarlic, on 03 February 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

I don't see any to be honest.
However i do suspect alot of threads from several trolls from either a different community or just to waste some time because a main account got suspended.

http://mwomercs.com/...e-so-seriously/
http://mwomercs.com/...ew-player-rant/ (Recently)
http://mwomercs.com/...n-a-drug-habit/
http://mwomercs.com/...scammed-by-pgi/

That's just a few... want more?

#8 NoSkillRush

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

Used to be way worse about a year ago and your thread title sucks.

#9 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

Did you actually bother to read those threads in the first place?

Look i dont wave all crisitcm away. I have started own threads as well about some issues or problem with the game.
But really that's not sour. Not even close.

What i call sour was the announcement of gold mechs, the extra two consumables and the module slot system adjustment, the announcement of transverse and finally the lacking of communication. There is more but i won't name them all. I was not happy either and lost my trust after the announcement of transverse.

But these are things from the past. PGI have made some vast improvement since they have unchained from the publisher a few months ago.

Give them a break, they just unchained, give PGI some time to heal wounds and get stronger then before. Have you noticed how much communication from Russ alone and other developers we have now? Because i do. They're gaining my trust again.

Give them time, they're not superheroes. We're a small community.

Edited by Sarlic, 03 February 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#10 NoSkillRush

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

View PostSarlic, on 03 February 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Did you actually bother to read those threads in the first place?

Look i dont wave all crisitcm away. I have started own threads as well about some issues or problem with the game.
But really that's not sour. Not even close.

What i call sour was the announcement of gold mechs, the extra two consumables and the module slot system adjustment, the announcement of transverse and finally the lacking of communication. There is more but i won't name them all. I was not happy either and lost my trust after the announcement of transverse.

But these are things from the past. PGI have made some vast improvement since they have unchained from the publisher a few months ago.

Give me a break, they just unchained, give PGI some time to heal sounds and get stronger then before. Have you noticed how much communication from Russ alone and other developers we have now? Because i do. They're gaining my trust again.

Give them time, they're not superheroes. We're a small community.

Agreed. We have seen a lot of positive change from the past. I am very happy with the direction MWO is headed. good job PGI.

#11 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

I've seen the same thing in every MMO. Certain types of people fail to understand that things change every patch - things that are considered OP by the Devs will get the nerf bat, things that are considered underpowered will get buffed up. You should expect this every time.

Learn to adapt. Its a cycle that goes up and down and round and round again. Getting bent out of shape over it is just silly.

And I really don't care if MWO is in perpetual beta-mode. Am just happy there is still a place where I can hop in a mech and shoot stuff.

#12 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 03 February 2015 - 09:55 AM, said:

And for those trolls, we will find you and TK you in the legs... because leg god demands it.

So You're advocating team killing in game anyone who voices Their negative complaints (Weather warranted or not) on the forums? Good thing I've been recording video when I play, might have Myself a nice little video to add to that little project...

And returning to the forums and complaining like hell is the only recourse a lot of us have left. Consumer rights laws have not caught up with the digital content age, where bait and switch reigns supreme.
I payed in for a Mechwarrior game. MWO has about as much to do with Battletech/Mechwarrior as Battletech/Mechwarrior has to do with Macross, that is, absolutely nothing aside from some licensed artwork.

And You only have PGI to blame for guys like Me. If They gave Me My full refund, I would have uninstalled and never came back here. But since They want to keep My money, the only punishment I can enact is to play the game every now and then, come onto the forums, and remind piggy what a bunch of talentless shysters They all are.

TL;DR: Don't like the complainers? Talk to PGI.

#13 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 03 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

So You're advocating team killing in game anyone who voices Their negative complaints (Weather warranted or not) on the forums? Good thing I've been recording video when I play, might have Myself a nice little video to add to that little project...

And returning to the forums and complaining like hell is the only recourse a lot of us have left. Consumer rights laws have not caught up with the digital content age, where bait and switch reigns supreme.
I payed in for a Mechwarrior game. MWO has about as much to do with Battletech/Mechwarrior as Battletech/Mechwarrior has to do with Macross, that is, absolutely nothing aside from some licensed artwork.

And You only have PGI to blame for guys like Me. If They gave Me My full refund, I would have uninstalled and never came back here. But since They want to keep My money, the only punishment I can enact is to play the game every now and then, come onto the forums, and remind piggy what a bunch of talentless shysters They all are.

What is it they taught that baby to say in the movie meet the fockers?

#14 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

Should other denominations stop playing, or just Methodists? =)

Seriously, though; the rational people don't need this post, and the stupid ones who blame PGI like the idiot quoted in the post above won't listen. Maybe you'll convince a few people who are on the fence, but mostly you're not going to get much for your time.

#15 Piney II

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

Majorfatboy,

You're definitely a "glass half full" optimist. :D

#16 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 03 February 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Yes, to the first paragraph. Once I had someone TKing a teamate, who we prompty killed after. I had that same person TK me too. so next match, a few of us pugs completely killed him. His final words were " Reported" We just laughed.

And don't use the law as your excuse to complain. If something takes your money, and you can't get it back, leave. That way you don't spend more wasted money.

As for the last paragraph, I don't have only PGI to blame, let alone them even. I blame you because you whine and complain about how the game should be and this or that. Here's what I say (Again): Aside from that, MWO is still in progress, and won't be a good game entirely until they get the good stuff in. If you want an estimate, I'd say by late 2016 is when we'll have A LOT of good stuff. Until then, ragers, flammers, extremists and methodists... come back around that time

View PostVoid Angel, on 03 February 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

Should other denominations stop playing, or just Methodists? =)

Seriously, though; the rational people don't need this post, and the stupid ones who blame PGI like the idiot quoted in the post above won't listen. Maybe you'll convince a few people who are on the fence, but mostly you're not going to get much for your time.

Point taken. Just trying to make a Thread that involves cleaning up the ugly posts.

Edited by Scout Derek, 03 February 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#17 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostPiney, on 03 February 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

Majorfatboy,

You're definitely a "glass half full" optimist. :D

not enough "Glass 50% at capacity" realists here.

#18 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:01 PM

Some people will voice their dislike of X Y Z , some like to complain, some like to praise the game. Just keep in mind that people tend more to complain on forums, the ones that enjoy themselves are playing more.

This game forum seems like all the other ones :D

#19 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

Internet is as internet does

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users