What Is Your Average Team Damage During The Challenge?

85 replies to this topic

#81 AThousandD

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:39 AM

4.835 average across 85 matches. Outliers were at 27, 25, 22 damage.

#82 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 28 January 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

lol 3 Kills, 730 damage, no assist= Not qualified.

0 Kill, 7 Assist, 32 damage - Qualified!

#83 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:36 PM

I haven't played this game in weeks.

#84 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 01 February 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

0 Kill, 7 Assist, 32 damage - Qualified!

Average team damage was 8.2, with two outliers of 39/44 where I was piloting my King Crab and it liked to shoot friendlies in the back with it's wide arms.

Average damage per game is 309, but I was skilling up mechs for most of the challenge and had a lot of horrible games.

#85 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

600 MC earned.

#86 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

I know 5, 8, or 11 points of FF doesn't sound like much in this thread... But I think it's time we put some things into perspective.
#1) Any FF damage is not good damage.
#2) How much is your average rear armor on your mechs? I know mine don't usually go above 18. 8 points of FF strip almost half of my rear armor off one torso.
#3) It's not just one person. There are 12 team members, and say each do 8 points of damage. If you're the unlucky type and they all hit you, that's 96 damage on your mech.
#4) It's understandable it's not always your fault (receiver or giver). But that is no excuse to dismiss FF. We should all be actively seeking to better ourselves.

And I still stand behind my idea about penalizing FF.
How many games have you done more than 30 damage?

View Postblood4blood, on 29 January 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

4.18 (edit: out of 22 games, 17 of which qualified). FYI if you pull the trigger on a laser with burn time and someone crosses your path after you fired, it's not your fault if they get hit. Especially when things like lag/HSR/client-side view vs. server-side hit registration get factored in, it's entirely possible to pull the trigger aiming at an enemy but hit a fast-moving friendly along the way. Piloting fast-moving lights and doing a wolf pack circle of death with other lights I expect to get hit a certain amount - it's just going to happen, and usually it's no big deal.

However, it is curiosity to move your laser away, instead of letting it burn into your team mates. Your control over your weapons doesn't suddenly stop when someone walks in front.
And actually, I've seen some light mechs do a lot of the FF as well. I've seen this so much where the light pilot is maneuvering faster than he can control his weapons. See it all the time. People think they need to be 15m away and they want to circle strafe the target. They usually end up missing most of their shots, shooting past their target and hitting people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users