215 replies to this topic

#41 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

stormcrows thunderbolts firestarters and madcats are definitely broken in cw, the direwolf no because you must sacrifice much tonnage to take it, If anything to represent the clanners more accurately they should get a lower tonnage cap that it may force them to take mechs other than stormcrows and the odd heavy

#42 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostGyrok, on 30 January 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

We never run 12 SCRs, much less do we run a ton of streak boats...what a waste of a mech to run that hot, ammo dependent, short range crap for the sole purpose of trying to stop 12 spiders...

Silly Pup. Don't you know the main purpose of streakcrows is getting ludicrous levels of damage and component destructions for oodles and oodles of c-bills?

#43 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 30 January 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

Silly Pup. Don't you know the main purpose of streakcrows is getting ludicrous levels of damage and component destructions for oodles and oodles of c-bills?

You must be a mercenary wearing smoke jag pajamas...

I have oodles and oodles of cbills...why would I waste a drop deck slot for a light farming mech that is worthless past 360m?

#44 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostCardMaster7, on 30 January 2015 - 12:13 AM, said:

CW is broken period. The amount of 8+ premade clan groups. that end up fighting 12 man pug groups for IS is unreal. And unfair. Clanners complain about thunderbolts, if they were truly so OP, you would see IS actually pushing the clanners back in CW which we do not see.

It's almost as if the entire first week of January, didn't even happen.

Since you seem to have forgotten about that, allow me to refresh.

Early January, a good number of competitive teams and groups spread out amongst Steiner, FRR, and Kurita. They then proceeded to reverse a lot of progress made. Clan Wolf got pushed back pretty much to their starting point. Jade Falcon got pushed back about halfway. Ghost Bear lost about half their conquered space in FRR, and Smoke Jaguar kind of stayed the same, neither advancing, nor losing territory.

And it wasn't just the TDR-9S. Plenty of mechs were used during this period. The main influence was that about 3/4 of the active competitive groups all worked together in pushing the Clans back.

Now the organized groups are spread across different factions. The only thing that's different, is the organized IS units stopped fighting the Clans, and began to fight each other.

Seriously.

The attacks from CGB and CSJ have been defended largely by turrets on empty ghost drops. They get it up to 100%, and leave for the next IS target. They get it up to 100% and go on to the next IS target. Eventually they all get bored with facing nothing but turrets and the occasional group of pugs, and they go against us in Clan Wolf, because they know they'll at least get some actual fighting there.

Know what happens to the Kurita and FRR worlds once CGB starts attacking Wolf? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They sit at 100% for TWO HOURS with no attackers or defenders on it.

Yeah, it's tough facing organized teams. Clan Wolf was in the same position when the comp teams were all IS, leading to most of Clan Wolf to just give up on CW.

Now that we've made a comeback, we've come under intense fighting with the Ghost Bears, and a lot of comp teams that are CGB are hitting Wolf, but we aren't giving up this time, and you know what we've learned? As long as you're active and fighting, your faction stands a chance. I'm sure MS or CI players can back me up on this, but CW is still a numbers game. The more people that are MOTIVATED to fight means the thinner the opposing forces have to spread themselves. They need to call in their B-Teams and C-Teams to keep up the assault, and sooner or later, the two sides are relatively even, and the planet could swing either way.

#45 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostGyrok, on 30 January 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

You must be a mercenary wearing smoke jag pajamas...

I have oodles and oodles of cbills...why would I waste a drop deck slot for a light farming mech that is worthless past 360m?

Silly Pup. If you had oodles and oodles of c-bills, you would know SSRM6 is good to 396m!

#46 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 29 January 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

I was pretty enthusiastic about CW launching, it really appeared to be a long time missing element of MWO experience. I've invested a lot of time and c-bills for making an optimal IS drop deck, that suits my playstyle and that contributes to winning battles.

It was fun at the beginning, matches seemed to vary, there were some different scenarios of how the battle could go.

Thing is, CW has become nightmarish. It is now dominated by IS 12-man stompers, focused on overusing a variety of TDR/light mech rushStormcrow builds. It's simply ridiculous.

How can someone not notice that TDR/light mech rush is completely OP when used in a 12 man scenario? It's equally great at being a long range ERPPC damage spamming machine for the TDR as it and the Firestarter is a close SPL/SL brawling machine or a light that is an assault/heavy killing streak missile machine, that almost cannot be countered by casuals.

This is just utter crap. Sorry.

Looks right now. :lol:

#47 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostAresye, on 30 January 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

It's almost as if the entire first week of January, didn't even happen.

Since you seem to have forgotten about that, allow me to refresh.

Early January, a good number of competitive teams and groups spread out amongst Steiner, FRR, and Kurita. They then proceeded to reverse a lot of progress made. Clan Wolf got pushed back pretty much to their starting point. Jade Falcon got pushed back about halfway. Ghost Bear lost about half their conquered space in FRR, and Smoke Jaguar kind of stayed the same, neither advancing, nor losing territory.

And it wasn't just the TDR-9S. Plenty of mechs were used during this period. The main influence was that about 3/4 of the active competitive groups all worked together in pushing the Clans back.

Now the organized groups are spread across different factions. The only thing that's different, is the organized IS units stopped fighting the Clans, and began to fight each other.

Seriously.

The attacks from CGB and CSJ have been defended largely by turrets on empty ghost drops. They get it up to 100%, and leave for the next IS target. They get it up to 100% and go on to the next IS target. Eventually they all get bored with facing nothing but turrets and the occasional group of pugs, and they go against us in Clan Wolf, because they know they'll at least get some actual fighting there.

Know what happens to the Kurita and FRR worlds once CGB starts attacking Wolf? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They sit at 100% for TWO HOURS with no attackers or defenders on it.

Yeah, it's tough facing organized teams. Clan Wolf was in the same position when the comp teams were all IS, leading to most of Clan Wolf to just give up on CW.

Now that we've made a comeback, we've come under intense fighting with the Ghost Bears, and a lot of comp teams that are CGB are hitting Wolf, but we aren't giving up this time, and you know what we've learned? As long as you're active and fighting, your faction stands a chance. I'm sure MS or CI players can back me up on this, but CW is still a numbers game. The more people that are MOTIVATED to fight means the thinner the opposing forces have to spread themselves. They need to call in their B-Teams and C-Teams to keep up the assault, and sooner or later, the two sides are relatively even, and the planet could swing either way.

Well said...I could not agree more!

#48 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:03 AM

I was pretty enthusiastic about CW launching, it really appeared to be a long time missing element of MWO experience. I've invested a lot of time and c-bills for making an optimal IS drop deck, that suits my playstyle and that contributes to winning battles.

It was fun at the beginning, matches seemed to vary, there were some different scenarios of how the battle could go.

Thing is, CW has become nightmarish. It is now dominated by Clan 12-man stompers, focused on overusing a variety of Stormcrow builds. It's simply ridiculous.

How can someone not notice that Stormcrow is completely OP when used in a 12 man scenario? It's equally great at being a long range damage spamming machine as it is a close SRM brawling machine or a light killing streak missile machine, that almost cannot be countered by casuals.

Do the faction a favor and get with one of the Davion units.

1. You won't need to worry about this because we're not currently fighting Stormcrows
2. BACON
3. You will have 3-11 other guys shooting that Stormcrow to death with you. He will not live to make the same mistake twice. And you will steal his woman.

#49 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Thing is, CW has become nightmarish. It is now dominated by Clan 12-man stompers, focused on overusing a variety of Stormcrow builds. It's simply ridiculous.

How can someone not notice that Stormcrow is completely OP when used in a 12 man scenario? It's equally great at being a long range damage spamming machine as it is a close SRM brawling machine or a light killing streak missile machine, that almost cannot be countered by casuals.

I play 95% scr, its just looks cool, is fast, agile and packs variety of weaponry.

At the same time it's hot a s f***, its a hot damn cooker especially on laser builds, countless times having to sacrifice shooting just to not get shut-downed. No ridiculous and stacking -25% heat quirks like some IS mechs. You also cannot have all at once, go streaks OR vomit OR etc. And chassis is still kinda fragile, when having those painful meeting with an atlas face to face you have to move constantly or simply run (better option). For long range encounters you can get 3 large lasers but then when combat comes to you scr is getting underdog.

This is peek-a-boo mech, for careful play with fast repositioning and hit&run tactics working best.
Its a versatile workhorse but by no meaning some marvelous wonder of the battlefield, just well balanced cooker with weapons.

#50 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

Lets check how neutral people think of this:

http://metamechs.com...ists/comp-list/

Long Range (700-1100+ meters)

Tier 1: Timber Wolf TBR-C/D | Dire Wolf DWF-B | Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Stormcrow SCR-Prime/A/C/D

Tier 2: Thunderbolt TDR-9S | Stalker STK-4N | Shadowhawk SHD-2K | Warhawk WHK-C | Summoner SMN-Prime/B/C/D | Jagermech JM6-S | Quickdraw QKD-4G | Stalker Misery

Tier 3: Victor Dragon Slayer | Cataphract CTF-3D | Nova NVA-Prime/A/B | Blackjack BJ-3 | Banshee BNC-3M | King Crab KGC-0000 | Hunchback HBK-4J |Awesome AWS-9M

Medium Range (300-700 meters)

Tier 1: Timber Wolf TBR-C/D | Dire Wolf DWF-S | Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Stormcrow SCR-Prime/A/C/D

Tier 2: Banshee BNC-3E | Stalker STK-4N | Summoner SMN-Prime/B/C/D | Stalker Misery | King Crab KGC-000 | King Crab KGC-000 | Wolverine WVR-6K | Victor Dragon Slayer | Jagermech JM6-DD | Highlander 733C | Cataphract CTF-4X | Cataphract CTF-3D | Warhawk WHK-C

Tier 3: Dragon DRG-1N | Gargoyle GAR-Prime | Orion Protector | Shadowhawk SHD-2H | Nova NVA-Prime/A/B | Awesome AWS-8Q | Trebuchet TBT-7M

Short Range (0-300 meters)

Tier 1: Timber Wolf TBR-S | Griffin GRF-3M | Stormcrow SCR-Prime/A/C/D | Mad Dog MDD-Prime/A//B/C

Tier 2: Victor VTR-9S | Warhawk WHK-B | Dire Wolf DWF-S | Thunderbolt TDR-5SS | Wolverine WVR-7K | Summoner SMN-Prime/B/C/D | Trebuchet Loup de Guerre | Quickdraw QKD-4H | King Crab KGC-0000 | Atlas AS7-S | Stalker STK-5M | Atlas AS7-D-DC | Cataphract CTF-3D | Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Griffin Sparky | Hunchback HBK-4P | Catapult K2 | Gargoyle GAR-D

Tier 3: Orion ON1-VA | Shadowhawk Gray Death | Shadowhawk SHD-2D2 | Shadowhawk SHD-2K | Centurion CN9-AH | Hunchback HBK-4G | Blackjack Arrow | Nova NVA-Prime/A/B | Banshee BNC-3M | Thunderbolt TDR-9SE | Highlander HGN-733C | Dragon Flame | Battlemaster BLR-3S | Kintaro Golden Boy

Except for the Griffin all Tier 1 Mechs in all ranges are CLAN.

#51 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

Isn't this just yet another 'clans are op please nerf topic'?
Once again turning a blind eye to all the IS goodness PGI gave you last year. Yep IS players just want super easy mode.. you already have easy mode as it is!

#52 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostDarth Hotz, on 31 January 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

Lets check how neutral people think of this:

http://metamechs.com...ists/comp-list/

Long Range (700-1100+ meters)

Tier 1: Timber Wolf TBR-C/D | Dire Wolf DWF-B | Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Stormcrow SCR-Prime/A/C/D

Tier 2: Thunderbolt TDR-9S | Stalker STK-4N | Shadowhawk SHD-2K | Warhawk WHK-C | Summoner SMN-Prime/B/C/D | Jagermech JM6-S | Quickdraw QKD-4G | Stalker Misery

Tier 3: Victor Dragon Slayer | Cataphract CTF-3D | Nova NVA-Prime/A/B | Blackjack BJ-3 | Banshee BNC-3M | King Crab KGC-0000 | Hunchback HBK-4J |Awesome AWS-9M

Medium Range (300-700 meters)

Tier 1: Timber Wolf TBR-C/D | Dire Wolf DWF-S | Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Stormcrow SCR-Prime/A/C/D

Tier 2: Banshee BNC-3E | Stalker STK-4N | Summoner SMN-Prime/B/C/D | Stalker Misery | King Crab KGC-000 | King Crab KGC-000 | Wolverine WVR-6K | Victor Dragon Slayer | Jagermech JM6-DD | Highlander 733C | Cataphract CTF-4X | Cataphract CTF-3D | Warhawk WHK-C

Tier 3: Dragon DRG-1N | Gargoyle GAR-Prime | Orion Protector | Shadowhawk SHD-2H | Nova NVA-Prime/A/B | Awesome AWS-8Q | Trebuchet TBT-7M

Short Range (0-300 meters)

Tier 1: Timber Wolf TBR-S | Griffin GRF-3M | Stormcrow SCR-Prime/A/C/D | Mad Dog MDD-Prime/A//B/C

Tier 2: Victor VTR-9S | Warhawk WHK-B | Dire Wolf DWF-S | Thunderbolt TDR-5SS | Wolverine WVR-7K | Summoner SMN-Prime/B/C/D | Trebuchet Loup de Guerre | Quickdraw QKD-4H | King Crab KGC-0000 | Atlas AS7-S | Stalker STK-5M | Atlas AS7-D-DC | Cataphract CTF-3D | Hellbringer HBR-Prime/A/B | Griffin Sparky | Hunchback HBK-4P | Catapult K2 | Gargoyle GAR-D

Tier 3: Orion ON1-VA | Shadowhawk Gray Death | Shadowhawk SHD-2D2 | Shadowhawk SHD-2K | Centurion CN9-AH | Hunchback HBK-4G | Blackjack Arrow | Nova NVA-Prime/A/B | Banshee BNC-3M | Thunderbolt TDR-9SE | Highlander HGN-733C | Dragon Flame | Battlemaster BLR-3S | Kintaro Golden Boy

Except for the Griffin all Tier 1 Mechs in all ranges are CLAN.

this is and ever was a silly list, Nova a tier 3 long range mech rofl. just because of 2 higher mounted ppc's and JJ's? Other can do that ranges way better.

sry but the people writing these lists are not as good as you think. especially when they put a MDD and TBR in the same tier, which is not true.

Edited by Lily from animove, 04 February 2015 - 08:59 AM.

#53 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 January 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

you forgot to say they don't overheat lol

what

dude, one alpha with 6 SSRM6s and not only will the stormcrow overheat, it'll explode. 3 SSRM6s on my stormcrow with 18 double heatsinks (including engine and fixed) kicks me up to 50% heat.

Yes, clan mechs are a lot of things, but heat efficient? Never, no matter how many heat sinks you throw in there.

#54 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

12 man. that's the key word

It could be a 12 man lance of 14 flamer novas and they would still woop your ass if there are organised and on coms.

Just because there is a 12 man using it, doesn't mean it's OP.

And the reason why the stormcrow is popular in game is because our current light mech selection is "****".

Kitfox and adder is not going any faster then a stormcrow and mist lynx has ogre arms. Give something like the firemoth, arctic cheeta, Commando IIC, Locust IIC, or Jenner IIC and we'll see a lot less stormcrows.

Note: Ice ferret costs to much tonnage for what it's speed is worth.

#55 Darth Hotz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOuter Rim of Berlin

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 31 January 2015 - 04:45 AM, said:

this is and ever was a silly list, Nova a tier 3 long range mech rofl. just because of 2 higher mounted ppc's and JJ's? o othr ca do that ranegs way better.

sry but the people writing these lists are not as good as you think. especially when they put a MDD and TBR in the same tier, which is not true.

With all respect, dont you have anything to say about all Tier 1s being Clans? Is it always that people have no clue? Maybe a look at the CW map from start to now will help to get a better picture:

Posted Image

Fact is that Clans have spread like cancer. Can this be explained by having the better players only?

#56 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostNauht, on 29 January 2015 - 06:26 PM, said:

You forgot to say that it does all that at once, at the same time - a LRM, laser vomit, SRM boat that kills lights with streaks. All with thunderbolts coming out of its arse.

But seriously though if it isn't the SC it'll be filled with another chassis that can do the role. It just so happens that the SC can be kitted how you want to play at the time.

LRM, laser vomit, srm, and streak boat all at the same time?

Considering I can't even do "laser vomit" + "LRM" build. I kind of find that hard to believe. Unless you mean having 1 of each weapon and being a jack of all trades, master of none kinda deal...

#57 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostAresye, on 30 January 2015 - 01:10 PM, said:

*snip*
Smoke Jaguar kind of stayed the same, neither advancing, nor losing territory.
*snip*
aside from your other good points this is wrong, we have always been making constant progress, save a day or two, there was a week where PGI forced us to attack rim-ward, so i believe that may have added to the confusion.

#58 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostDavers, on 29 January 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

Are your 12 Stormcrows with 5 SSRM6 each actually having problems with Spiders and Firestarters?

Lmao. Considering you cant predict when (if the light rush happens, taking 12 streakcrows as light hunters at a same time is act of totally brainless unit. Argument invalid.

Everything is OP in when spammed.

12 Dual Gauss Direwolves? Someone?

Why dont you fekin complain about lack of wieght class limitations?
L2p, Or learn to whine. Your whinning is utter crap. Sorry

Edited by MechB Kotare, 31 January 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#59 ALKALIN3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

For the folks saying how broken the SCR hitboxes are try shooting for its legs...then tell me how OP they are. Its the one component on the mech that no one seemed to point out but it the single easiest way to kill it.

#60 Richard Warts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCrash landed on Weingarten III

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

I'm probably not adding anything insightful here but Stormcrows, while being arguably the best medium in the game have two weaknesses:

1.) Arms are easy to hit and knock off
2.) Legs are likewise easy to destroy.

In conclusion I disagree with the OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users