#201 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

View PostAdamski, on 09 May 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

The reason for longer burn times on Clans is because they do more damage, they have fairly comparable damage per burn time as the IS versions. Cannons fire multiple shots, but are smaller & lighter and get free Ultra mode.

Just take the Clan Gauss, its a single slug, its smaller for easier crit padding, and lighter than the IS version, no downsides at all. heck, clan mechs even get free CASE to help with any gauss explosions.

or the Clan ERPPC, it is again lighter & smaller, and does splash damage that the IS version doesn't get, for the same heat.

or Clan Streak SRMs, they weigh less and have more range than the IS versions

Yes, in Lore, the IS gets a significant numbers advantage (around 3.5 to 1) to balance out the Clan tech superiority.

In this game, its completely dependent on quirks.

So what you're saying is...

Clan weapons have more range but
1. They're hotter
2. Have longer burn times
3. Cannons fire multiple shots
This spreads out the damage making it more difficult to to take out specific areas of a mech.

I'll take IS weapons over clan any day.

Edited by Celtic Warrior, 09 May 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#202 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 09 May 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

1. They're hotter
This spreads out the damage making it more difficult to to take out specific areas of a mech.

Yes, if you ignore that they do more damage too, and weigh less, while also getting that extra range.

#203 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:11 PM

You know, I don't really care about people whining about them 'crows. Why? I'm having too much fun over in Scout mode with my Mist Lynx Prime. Seriously, the build I run may not be the most effective, but it is hilarious to watch people look around for me, yet never find me because I'm so small. Also, I run an LRM 5 on it. Why? Because that way, while my medium friends are brawling on Gather missions, I can take a momentary break from Intel hunting and pop off a volley of LRMs that I know are guaranteed to hit because no one ever brings AMS to Scout mode. Its funny, and I'm laughing.

#204 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

Ahhh yes. The good ole blame the mech and only the mech for why I'm losing argument. This always happens. Clanners complaining about TBolts and Blackjacks etc etc. IS complaining about Timber Wolf and Stormcrows....

Component targeting, strategy, and picking the appropriate mech builds are completely useless right? It's just the Mechs that decide who wins and loses.

#205 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:29 AM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 09 May 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

1. They're hotter

this, for some week it would be nice if both faction had access to both wepaon systems, Then lets see how many too hot clanlasers will still be used or how many spread ac's.

IS mediums are more heat efficient, and also have shorter burn times, they are WAY better. yes less range, but in CW most maps have good lanes to approach without range issues sinc eproper pushes always end in abral like situation. The range is just a matter of proper positioning. Same for IS ER LL and C ER LL; 3 IS ER LL are way more efficient than 2 Clan E LL, sure they weight more, but this is the leats of the important factors. because heta is the major limit and IS cna squeeze ou more damage form their heattreshold and bring it more onto the spot. If i could get 12 IS mediums in ym NVA would be a blast. Or PGI could finally bring out a Black Hawk KU. that would be nice.

Edited by Lily from animove, 10 May 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#206 Live X

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:33 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 29 January 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

overusing a variety of Stormcrow builds.

I agree the Crow is so easy to counter it needs to be buffed.

such a bad mech ATM

#207 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 May 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

this, for some week it would be nice if both faction had access to both wepaon systems, Then lets see how many too hot clanlasers will still be used or how many spread ac's.

IS mediums are more heat efficient, and also have shorter burn times, they are WAY better. yes less range, but in CW most maps have good lanes to approach without range issues sinc eproper pushes always end in abral like situation. The range is just a matter of proper positioning. Same for IS ER LL and C ER LL; 3 IS ER LL are way more efficient than 2 Clan E LL, sure they weight more, but this is the leats of the important factors. because heta is the major limit and IS cna squeeze ou more damage form their heattreshold and bring it more onto the spot. If i could get 12 IS mediums in ym NVA would be a blast. Or PGI could finally bring out a Black Hawk KU. that would be nice.

That would be nice I'm up for it :) It'll never happen of course but given the chance I'll switch weapons.

#208 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Biased and complete nonsense.

#209 Nightdancer ND

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:03 PM

This scouting mode sucks!
Playing with inner sphere mechs vs 4x Stormcrows with streaks is impossible and NO fun AT ALL!
Thank you for failing again and again and again...

#210 fbj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBethlehem, PA

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:09 PM

View PostNightdancer ND, on 11 May 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Playing with inner sphere mechs vs 4x Stormcrows with streaks is impossible and NO fun AT ALL!

Are you playing Solo?
What builds are you running?
Are you shooting the legs on the Stormcrows?

#211 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 29 January 2015 - 05:27 PM, said:

I was pretty enthusiastic about CW launching, it really appeared to be a long time missing element of MWO experience. I've invested a lot of time and c-bills for making an optimal IS drop deck, that suits my playstyle and that contributes to winning battles.

It was fun at the beginning, matches seemed to vary, there were some different scenarios of how the battle could go.

Thing is, CW has become nightmarish. It is now dominated by Clan 12-man stompers, focused on overusing a variety of Stormcrow builds. It's simply ridiculous.

How can someone not notice that Stormcrow is completely OP when used in a 12 man scenario? It's equally great at being a long range damage spamming machine as it is a close SRM brawling machine or a light killing streak missile machine, that almost cannot be countered by casuals.

This is just utter crap. Sorry.

If I may provide a suggestion.

Its legs are 1.3 times their visual size. No seriously the hitboxes on the legs are huge. And they are this way for the very express reason of 'Slowing Them The **** Down!"
Consider trying this.

Then deal with them like any other legged mech. Or in the case of faction play, laugh. Laugh as they eject.
Repeat until all enemy Stormcrows are removed from the field.

View PostNightdancer ND, on 11 May 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

Same suggestion as above.

If at all possible, get the Stormcrows to split up.

#212 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:53 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 05 February 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

To make diamonds you need LOTS of heat and LOTS of pressure.

View PostSasuga, on 08 May 2016 - 01:20 AM, said:

Snip

Way to necro a thread over a year old. Gotta love the search engine...Posted Image I wonder which thread he was really looking for.....

#213 Lunatic NEo

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:01 AM

We should set Clan Scout Mode to 25 tons and if they still win with Myst Lynx we should give this mech negative Quirks, like the Kit Fox. Cause you know, need more i-win Buttons as IS Player like the Blacknights, Warhammers, Thunderbolds, Mads, Griffins, Oxides, Blackjacks, Atlas etc etc etc
Want easy wins? Go use some of the above mentioned IS Mechs, want to work for your game? Use Clan Mechs where you overheat after using 3 LPL... laughable.

#214 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:58 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 11 May 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

Biased and complete nonsense.

No its not, if you would understand heat efficientcy and PP efficiency of those guns. most clanners use LPL exactly because of the CERLL beign way to hot paired with a horrible burntime. It's abad system and clanenrs know this, even PPC's are better for the purpose because they allow proper peek a boo

#215 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 May 2016 - 12:29 AM, said:

Oh my god. Put IS LPLs on my Clan mechs? Yes please. Ill also take a side order of Kodiak with IS-UAC5s.

To be fair though, clan weapons are worse, thats obvious, and is made up to a large extent for by the fact that their engines, endo steel and ferro fibrous are far better... a fairer test would be for the clan chassis to equip ALL IS stuff to see if they like it, not match their good part (internals) with the IS good bit (weapons).

Imagine a BNC-3M with Clan XL, Clan Endo Steel, Clan FF armour and IS LPLs. It would dominate everything.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 13 May 2016 - 06:46 AM.

#216 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 13 May 2016 - 03:58 AM, said:

No its not, if you would understand heat efficientcy and PP efficiency of those guns. most clanners use LPL exactly because of the CERLL beign way to hot paired with a horrible burntime. It's abad system and clanenrs know this, even PPC's are better for the purpose because they allow proper peek a boo

Then have them equip cMPL with extra heatsinks?

The cLPL has horrible burn time because it has enormous range of 600m/1200m which is increased by 10% with module and 8% with TC.

Stop equipping long range weapons for short range brawls and you will do better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users