Stormcrow Broken Especially In Cw

215 replies to this topic

#181 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:43 AM

The skillcrow isn't OP, you're just plain bad.

Nobody is discussing that with you, m8.

#182 L0stA1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 10:44 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 08 May 2016 - 10:43 AM, said:

Nobody is discussing that with you, m8.

But he is right. if u cant compete against scr´s, u are bad. where do u get ur tier1 from?

Edited by L0stA1m, 08 May 2016 - 02:31 PM.

#183 Celtic Warrior IS

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOperation Bulldog - Tranquil - HI

Posted 08 May 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 29 January 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

There are currently 5 broken mechs.

Dire Wolf
Timber Wolf
Stormcrow
Firestarter
Thunderbolt.

How do you know they're broken? That's about all you see nowadays en masse

You can add the Blacknight to that list too... It's way to good I'll take it over a TW.

#184 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:05 PM

if u cant compete against scr´s, u are bad.

Where exactly do you read that I can't compete with SCRs?

where do u get ur tier1 from?

By slaughtering those noobs that do not know that PSR is an experience bar and not a skill bar.

Edited by Joey Tankblaster, 09 May 2016 - 12:48 AM.

#185 L0stA1m

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

I only have to read the whining from ur unit across different threads =)

#186 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

Whining is a clan-Trademark, u know?

And second, those guys are stating their own opinions here and you shouldn*t get too lazy and confuse unit with individual members.

#187 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:14 AM

View PostL0stA1m, on 08 May 2016 - 10:44 AM, said:

But he is right. if u cant compete against scr´s, u are bad. where do u get ur tier1 from?

grind, thats all you need. 12DG just needs to roll as a 12 man premade and even bad gameplay + win wll get you ups to tier 1. PSR is a broken counter.

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 May 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

And second, those guys are stating their own opinions here and you shouldn*t get too lazy and confuse unit with individual members.

Pobjectivity isn't an opinion, its a fact based comparison.

get a Centurion D if you can'T out dps and scrap a src with it, then you really need to lern to play.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 May 2016 - 01:15 AM.

#188 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:54 AM

Did we crush Clan Wolf Puppies too hard or where is your anger coming from Lilly?

Seriously, look at the inner sphere map and talk once more about L2P Posted Image

Edited by Joey Tankblaster, 09 May 2016 - 02:55 AM.

#189 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,890 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:40 AM

What is with all the necros lately? I saw this thread and its title and thought: "What? Stormcrows seemed OP in CW like maybe a year ago when the 12 crow base rush was a thing, but not so much lately." Then I saw the dates and realized: "ah, how about that? This was from more than a year ago". Sigh.

#190 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 May 2016 - 02:54 AM, said:

Did we crush Clan Wolf Puppies too hard or where is your anger coming from Lilly?

Seriously, look at the inner sphere map and talk once more about L2P Posted Image

The map only shows who has the organised teams and pilot amounts. thats all, CW ALWAYS was like this. But when an IS player complains about an SCR with the current tools available then he just has no idea about how the game plays. What has this to do with anger? nothing. And PSR is a confirmed counter, everoyne knowing how it works technically agrees with this. You can understand the game, or you can not. But trying to talk nonsense is what makes you look poor. Especially when you have other IS players telling you how to deal with them and keep stickign with this complain. Because that proofs that you either lakc the skill to kill what others can easily kill, or that you are ignorant by just whatever other reason.

The only thing making me a bit upset is when stupid pilots keep complainign the same rubbish, even when shown how it works correctly. Because this causes PGI to "fix" what doesn't needs a fix and just imbalancing and breaking the game even further. And thats not good for the entire game.

View PostBud Crue, on 09 May 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

What is with all the necros lately? I saw this thread and its title and thought: "What? Stormcrows seemed OP in CW like maybe a year ago when the 12 crow base rush was a thing, but not so much lately." Then I saw the dates and realized: "ah, how about that? This was from more than a year ago". Sigh.

Because back then reasons differed, gens had no small slit to shoot in, you could swarm rush and bomb them with srm's or even lrm's. For some weird reason, people complained about SCR's while this worked with all clanmechs going 80+ mph and filled with srms and it worked also with any IS mech being fast and punchy. (like FS's)

The reason you see SCR complains is simply the fact that the SCR is the most OP clanmedium in comparison to the other clanmediums. It's the fastest one with decent firepower available and having some awkward geometry making it's hitboxes a pain to snipe out sections.

#191 Celtic Warrior IS

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOperation Bulldog - Tranquil - HI

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:07 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 09 May 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

Stop the nonsense IS whines so hard most clan mechs are nerfed to the ground while the others are rendered useless.

#192 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 10:07 AM

yes SCR's OP, especially those amazing ssrms

tough stuff, how they avoid trying to to hit vital and expsoed components

bets part is 0:21 when exactly 0 of all srms hit the CT

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 May 2016 - 10:08 AM.

#193 Adamski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:30 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 09 May 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

yes SCR's OP, especially those amazing ssrms

tough stuff, how they avoid trying to to hit vital and expsoed components

bets part is 0:21 when exactly 0 of all srms hit the CT

LOL, he has a mostly cored BJ in front of him, and instead of using his Lasers, he wastes heat on SSRMs to spread the damage all over.

Not going to bother getting into how if he wants the SSRMs to focus damage, he should face grind the enemy, or if he wants to save tonnage and increase DPS, he should be using ASRM6, but that would require more skill than the Skillcrow.

#194 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:52 AM

View PostSasuga, on 08 May 2016 - 01:20 AM, said:

Quit crying about the Streak Ravens until you've piloted one. Its Rock Paper Scissors, and just because you threw paper when they're throwing scissors doesn't mean you should cry and whine to get scissors taken out of the game! Use some ECM! I've piloted streak crows and have had my butt kicked by a group of lights with ECM because I couldn't hold a lock on any of them long enough to deal any damage.

The light mechs all had ECM, every time I did finally get a lock they'd go behind cover, I dealt no damage and my team lost. Get rid of the Oxide! They hurt me too much! Don't let the IS have Ravens, especially with ECM! The ECM Ruins scouting, I can't lock my streak missiles, whaaaaa!!!! ECM is broken! I want ECM removed so my streak crow can kill everything all the time!

You know another weakness to streak SRMs? Range! And storm crows are slow compared to light mechs. A Raven with 2 ER Large Lasers could pick the legs off a Storm Crow before the Storm Crow can get in range!

Quit crying and adapt! Stop trying to make everyone play so you can defeat them, and figure out how to defeat them! I named several ways here, and I'm sure I can think of many more!

Next think you know, you get rid of the Storm Crow or nurf the Storm Crow and everyone will be crying about the Jenner IICs or the Arctic Cheetah.

Why did you necro a 1 year old thread about streak crows? The state of balance is not the same as a year ago.

#195 Stikyard

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:44 PM

I understand the Clan has superior tech. They out range IS. They out Streak IS. They have Ultra AC's.

Could anyone explain what the IS has to counter this?

#196 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostStikyard, on 09 May 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I understand the Clan has superior tech. They out range IS. They out Streak IS. They have Ultra AC's.

Quirks, for the rare time the stars align and the dartboard that Paul uses for balancing decisions points him in the correct direction.

These often disappear again once the portion of the underhive that drives Clan mechs twitter spam Russ enough.

#197 Stikyard

• PipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

View PostAdamski, on 09 May 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Quirks, for the rare time the stars align and the dartboard that Paul uses for balancing decisions points him in the correct direction.

These often disappear again once the portion of the underhive that drives Clan mechs twitter spam Russ enough.

I try to focus my builds around the quirks and take that advantage. Does anyone have an idea how this is balanced in Battletech Lore? Is it just simply IS outnumbers the Clans?

#198 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Sure...

The slow but almost unbreakable IS Std Engine that dont make you explode on both ST destruction
The slow pace of IS Mechs allows for superior aiming
The slow moving but good protected Torso mounted weapons with their strictly restricted field of fire ease the decision makeing of the IS Pilot as well they are ammunition preserving in case of Missiles or Guns for having less often a fire solution
The LRMs cannot be used inefficiently as Short Range Missiles
The Lasers run way cooler as they do less damage
The Laser hit more accurate as they have less range thus the Angular Deviation is less of a problem
The U/AC5 though is shite as it only fires one slug a time which makes it a hit or miss weapon...

You see IS has almost all the Advantages it needs to Wipe Floor with the Clans!

Good Hunting Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 09 May 2016 - 03:47 PM.

#199 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

View PostStikyard, on 09 May 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Clan weapons have more range but
1. They're hotter
2. Have longer burn times
3. Cannons fire multiple shots
This spreads out the damage making it more difficult to to take out specific areas of a mech.

I'll take IS weapons over clan any day.

#200 Adamski

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:10 PM

View PostCeltic Warrior, on 09 May 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

Clan weapons have more range but
1. They're hotter
2. Have longer burn times
3. Cannons fire multiple shots
This spreads out the damage making it more difficult to to take out specific areas of a mech.

I'll take IS weapons over clan any day.

The reason for longer burn times on Clans is because they do more damage, they have fairly comparable damage per burn time as the IS versions. Cannons fire multiple shots, but are smaller & lighter and get free Ultra mode.

Just take the Clan Gauss, its a single slug, its smaller for easier crit padding, and lighter than the IS version, no downsides at all. heck, clan mechs even get free CASE to help with any gauss explosions.

or the Clan ERPPC, it is again lighter & smaller, and does splash damage that the IS version doesn't get, for the same heat.

or Clan Streak SRMs, they weigh less and have more range than the IS versions

View PostStikyard, on 09 May 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

I try to focus my builds around the quirks and take that advantage. Does anyone have an idea how this is balanced in Battletech Lore? Is it just simply IS outnumbers the Clans?

Yes, in Lore, the IS gets a significant numbers advantage (around 3.5 to 1) to balance out the Clan tech superiority.

In this game, its completely dependent on quirks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users