#101 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:33 AM

View PostTechorse, on 02 February 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

The reason the Ember seems bad right now is because of that unnecessary nerf to machine guns. I'd like to buff machine guns first before we nerf the other firestarters, unless the A variant really is messing up games.

But if we did that, a 6 MG Spider would have a devastating effect on the back of an Atlas. That would clearly cause the universe to implode, just like how external Trudubs would allow a Jenner to core an Atlas in 3 seconds.

Posted Image

#102 etrius

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

The Highlander is a mech I repeatedly have the urge to sell, but I hold out on the hope that some day it will get some quirk love. I understand the whole "nerf the jump-sniper" thing, but the jumps jets need a pinch of love and the quirks in general are very lack-luster.

#103 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostFupDup, on 02 February 2015 - 07:56 AM, said:

(B)Adder: Focus on durability, slightly boost offensive potential.

Cute Fox: Focus on "support" and versatility, remove all negative quirks and instead add positive quirks to underused omnipods, utility-based buffs of some sort. An extra combo module slot might make sense here to emphasize its versatility.

Mist Stynx: Making it gunboat as well as a heavier like the two above will be nearly impossible, so instead just give it +10% top speed so it can attempt to be a skirmisher/squirrel/harasser.

Well, if PGI wanted to release out of timeline, the Lynx could become one of the biggest Clam light gunboats, with either 8 lasers or 8 MGs, or a combination. 4 per arm, with 2 leg lasers that could be moved to the empty RT. Torso slots period would also help, even with the current arms.

Equally unlikely is to unlock the engine. It could effectively use a 225, even with the hardwired equipment. 4 tons available while moving 160.

I suppose the quirk way is more likely, but probably not as effective unless the quirks are that good.

#104 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:38 AM

How people are saying that cicadas are fine? I cant believe it. Firepower of a light mech with a size of a medium, how is it fine? I rarely see them on a battlefield and almost never perform well, not great - just well. I think its the second quickest to die mech after locust. They are nowhere near to fine.

#105 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:49 AM

The Cicada 2B has great quirks. One of my favorite mechs to pilot, and I feel it's almost OP (my KDR is 2.7 in it). The 2A is in a pretty good place, too. I do think that the 3M and X5 need a little more love. The 3M should get better generic energy quirks (15% energy range and duration would be good), and the X5 needs its tube count increased from 2 to 6, and increase the missile cooldown to 25%.

Edit: I don't own the 3C so can't comment on It, but it does have massive ERPPC quirks.

Edited by Crotch RockIt, 02 February 2015 - 10:53 AM.

#106 Lord Marshmallow

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

The kit fox and adder need speed. I don't understand why half the medium mechs are just as fast as those two.

#107 Crotch RockIt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 583 posts
  • Locationchewing his lower lip

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Because LORE. Although, I do agree that the Kit Fox and Adder (and Mist Lynx) would benefit from a speed quirk like the Summoner got recently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users