• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 31 January 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

What is this i don't even...

Sorry, but you can't play a game on the internet and except guys to play it by the rules you would like to use if they are not the official game rules.
Having lore names doesn't mean they care for lore "rules".

Dude do you not like duels?

What does it matter, your own clan lets me duel them because it's more fun than pug stomping.

Or would you rather me sit back and watch CW flounder because pugs hate the roflstomp?

No one is actually mad it's just part of the fun.

At least I hope not. :/

#22 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:56 AM

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 31 January 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

Why so annoyed?

I don't mind RP itself, but I mind when others get mad that others don't RP. It's not so bad here, so I'm being unfair (at least I think, I can only guess as to the tone and intention of the OP), but I get reminded of when it gets way out of hand.

I mean there was that one time when a whole group started targeted teamkilling another in every game they met because they weren't allowed to RP in the past. And the anger at people not following CW faction "politics" as well.

Edited by Krivvan, 31 January 2015 - 03:59 AM.

#23 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

View PostNoesis, on 31 January 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Caleb, I'm Dark Caste. I don't follow Zelbriggen.

My opinions do not change based on the outcome of a duel. If you want to try Martyr yourself in your own eyes then at least have a real purpose other than anger over a conversation all about differences in perspective and opinion.

You are actually mad?

lolz.

I wish to have fun and be a better pilot and this is the best way to do it I can think of, so if the opportunity presents itself, then it's what I do.

Have you not noticed I have been trying to get a duel?

Man you guys are a bit off the mark, but that's cool.

Plenty of duels to be had. :)

#24 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostNoesis, on 31 January 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

You might have done better with quoting something about the "stone that was rejected"? But such is the lack of wisdom and foresight of some "priests" perhaps? But seems all we are doing is throwing stones in this thread. Not building on wisdom.

My first choice was pearls before swine. But that's okay. I'm fine with the whole "blessed are the cheesemakers" approach you have taken towards what I said to Caleb.

#25 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 31 January 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

I don't mind RP itself, but I mind when others get mad that others don't RP. It's not so bad here, so I'm being unfair (at least I think, I can only guess as to the tone and intention of the OP), but I get reminded of when it gets way out of hand.

I'm just goading a duel using "rp"

It's not truly serious and I dont hate anyone.

I like fun and duels make you an awesome pilot so... :D

#26 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 31 January 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

I like fun and duels make you an awesome pilot so... :D

I like duels too, but small gripe, 1v1s have very little to do with what make people good pilots in this game. A Light duel and good Light play rarely have anything to do with each other.

#27 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 31 January 2015 - 03:57 AM, said:

You are actually mad?

lolz.

I'm just goading a duel using "rp"

*sighs and goes off to find something more purposeful to do*

#28 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:05 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 31 January 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

My first choice was pearls before swine. But that's okay. I'm fine with the whole "blessed are the cheesemakers" approach you have taken towards what I said to Caleb.

With all due respect Sir,

Although you are a higher rank than me I must request you please relax.

I understand you have my back, but this isnt personal it's fun with a few jabs thrown in just to create a duel.

I am trying to get a duel because it's fun.

You guys are taking it elsewhere and too personal now.

We jabbed at each other, but I don't think he took it personal.

I didn't I just responded in kind and then turned it into a duel request.

His group does not use this rite, so perhaps he shouldn't have said anything nor I, but it isnt personal whatsoever.

View PostKrivvan, on 31 January 2015 - 04:00 AM, said:

I like duels too, but small gripe, 1v1s have very little to do with what make people good pilots in this game. A Light duel and good Light play rarely have anything to do with each other.

Well if you wish duel a duel shows you control in cqb, it's all in what you take from it, but yes to an extent I completely agree with you.

It's about seeing just what that mech will do in a high pressure situation.

#29 Krivvan

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:06 AM

View PostCaleb Brightmore, on 31 January 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

I am trying to get a duel because it's fun.
You guys are taking it elsewhere and too personal now.
We jabbed at each other, but I don't think he took it personal.

I would just caution that it's hard to tell sometimes and everyone reads into written text their own tones and intentions. There is a history of people RPing for harmless fun like you are, but also a history of people taking RP extremely seriously and taking it personally.

#30 Caleb Brightmore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 196 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostKrivvan, on 31 January 2015 - 04:06 AM, said:

I would just caution that it's hard to tell sometimes and everyone reads into written text their own tones and intentions. There is a history of people RPing for harmless fun like you are, but also a history of people taking RP extremely seriously and taking it personally.

Noted sir, and agreed. :D

#31 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:09 AM

No worries caleb.

Lots of different rp out there. You know I do my fair share too. My concern was mostly for those who seemed to be trolling your fun or being apologists for those who did while playing the 'man of honor' angle. The dissonance tripped my finger's hair trigger.

You got this. I'll hold yer beer.

#32 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 31 January 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

Having lore names doesn't mean they care for lore "rules".

But this is what i would expect from them..

I have an idea about which could this unit be.. But if you do not want to name it, fine. You know where the dishonor lies.

At the start of the invasion, Clan forces sent batchalls to the IS forces; they were ignored (because they did not even knew what it meant) or taken advantage of. So, when a IS pilot asks for a honor duel, i do not see why it should be refused. A Clan warrior should be eager to test his skills against an IS pilot.. I would find it even more interesting if he was a former Clansman..

If you see me in the field with a 12 men, you can always challenge me. Be sure i will accept and ask my Clan mates to let us fight.

#33 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:10 AM

Comming to think of it, if this is the worst CGB has done so far, I think we are in a solis situation :-)

#34 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

Posted Image

#SeraphimBoredStupid

Edited by Noesis, 31 January 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#35 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostNoesis, on 31 January 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

You ran away from your brothers when things got tough it seems. Even if you were not in the cockpit at the time.

What "more real" a fight can there be than the one of heart and mind? Any fool can press a trigger to their death.

Did he explicitly said he ran away?
Personatly, I was for a time took has a bondsman by the FFR. Yet managed to came back to Clan Wolf after that.
I find you very unecessary aggresive and provocative. And also find it funny since your basicly a Dark Caste warrior, one who litteraly have no right to speak in the Clan Society. :P

#36 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 31 January 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

But this is what i would expect from them..

I have an idea about which could this unit be.. But if you do not want to name it, fine. You know where the dishonor lies.

At the start of the invasion, Clan forces sent batchalls to the IS forces; they were ignored (because they did not even knew what it meant) or taken advantage of. So, when a IS pilot asks for a honor duel, i do not see why it should be refused. A Clan warrior should be eager to test his skills against an IS pilot.. I would find it even more interesting if he was a former Clansman..

If you see me in the field with a 12 men, you can always challenge me. Be sure i will accept and ask my Clan mates to let us fight.

So a ll you RP guys think clans should honor Zell request from IS pilots?? In every battletech book and source book I have ever read do you know how they handled honor duel requests from Inner Sphere/non clan warriors? The denied it and walk away because the person making the request was beneath them, or just killed them. I don't see any of the current Clans players calling targets and sticking to that target until it dies. I guess we are all Dishonored.... LOL

#37 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

You ditched Clan Ghost Bear to fight for money under the banner of House Marik. They have a name for people who do that, it's not "Former member of Clan Ghost Bear" it's "Member of the Dark Caste".

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dark_Caste

As such no clan warrior has a duty to provide you with 1 on 1 combat if you ask for it. They can, but they don't have to.

That said even as a member of the IS Clan warriors have no duty to honor your requests for one on one fights. They may, but they don't have to.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Zellbrigen

During the Clan Invasion the rules of zellbrigen lapsed, primarily because the Inner Sphere had no concept of Clan cultural norms and, in some cases, exploited them for "underhanded" victories. By the end of the campaign zellbrigen had all but died out in several Clans, while most still reserve it for inter-Clan confrontations or against worthy Inner Sphere warriors.

So much so that the Highly Conservative Jade Falcons devoted an entire star to gang up on and try to capture Victor Steiner-Davion.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 31 January 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#38 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 31 January 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

And also find it funny since your basicly a Dark Caste warrior, one who litteraly have no right to speak in the Clan Society. :P

Lore argument is very fail for MWO especially when I wasn't using it as a substantive reason for my own actions but observing someone else's anyhow and contributing on a public forum as a player using facts from that context.

The irony isn't lost on me however even if your logic is appauling. :rolleyes:

Edited by Noesis, 31 January 2015 - 11:55 AM.

#39 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

This is just the current state of CW. No incentive to stay on any one side so everyone jumps to where they think the wins, and thus the money, will be. It's worthless as a mode now.

#40 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

I would disagree with the statement above. CW is where the money is even for loyalists - higher ranks have substantial ammount of c-bills you will get when you level up. If you account for all those bonuses you make much more by being a loyalist than getting some 75k c-bills more every game. It may not be so noticeable on lowel levels but loyalists get more LPs and thus progress faster, sweetening the deal even more.

Edited by Mordin Ashe, 31 January 2015 - 12:19 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users