Bug Report

3 replies to this topic

#1 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:23 PM

As I understand it, Hero 'Mechs (and Founders, Invasion, Resistance etc) give a 30% bonus to c-bills, which is great.

Champion 'Mechs give a % bonus to XP (30%?)

The problem I have is, I have right now 14 "Champion" 'Mechs. Only 1 of which gives bonus to XP. My FS9-S(C).
The other 13 are either Founders or Invasion. They are labelled with a "C" logo on the 'Mech icon in my MechBay.

Shouldn't they be "H" and considered Hero 'Mechs instead of Champions?

I'm not sure if this is due to the recent patch or has been happening all along and I'm just noticing this now.

#2 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

View PostBDU Havoc, on 01 February 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

As I understand it, Hero 'Mechs (and Founders, Invasion, Resistance etc) give a 30% bonus to c-bills, which is great.

Champion 'Mechs give a % bonus to XP (30%?)

The problem I have is, I have right now 14 "Champion" 'Mechs. Only 1 of which gives bonus to XP. My FS9-S(C).
The other 13 are either Founders or Invasion. They are labelled with a "C" logo on the 'Mech icon in my MechBay.

Shouldn't they be "H" and considered Hero 'Mechs instead of Champions?

I'm not sure if this is due to the recent patch or has been happening all along and I'm just noticing this now.

Hero mechs have unique hardpoint layouts. Champion mechs are just special versions of normal variants, like the Founders/Invasion/Phoenix mechs. The only mech in Champions that shouldn't be there is the Grid Iron Limited Edition. Normal Grid Iron is in the Hero section but somehow the Limited Edition one got put in Champion.

#3 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 01 February 2015 - 09:26 PM, said:

Hero mechs have unique hardpoint layouts. Champion mechs are just special versions of normal variants, like the Founders/Invasion/Phoenix mechs. The only mech in Champions that shouldn't be there is the Grid Iron Limited Edition. Normal Grid Iron is in the Hero section but somehow the Limited Edition one got put in Champion.

Champion 'Mechs give different rewards as well, so what determines a Champion 'Mech? Its loadout or its
rewards?

I get what the thought process is, but maybe the bonus should be included in the quirks listings then, bonus to XP or c-bills? (Like the clan 'Mechs show with the 8 omnipod bonus)

Edited by BDU Havoc, 01 February 2015 - 10:02 PM.

#4 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostBDU Havoc, on 01 February 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

Champion 'Mechs give different rewards as well, so what determines a Champion 'Mech? Its loadout or its
rewards?

I get what the thought process is, but maybe the bonus should be included in the quirks listings then, bonus to XP or c-bills? (Like the clan 'Mechs show with the 8 omnipod bonus)

Not opposed to them showing the bonus in quirks but it's known by the general populace that the mechs with a (C) come with the XP bonus. Obviously they consider the Champion section of the Mech Lab to be for any special version of a standard variant, and the Hero section for Hero mechs [which all have unique hardpoints]. Otherwise they wouldn't have lumped everything from Founders to Invasion variants (and I'm sure the Resistance variants and special Urbanmech as well) in the Champions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users