The Bear-Wolf Conflict

338 replies to this topic

#21 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

They did indeed earn their wins against us. They destroyed our 8 man last night over and over. xD

Granted we had a lot of our newer guys on who were using trial mechs but a good brawling win is a good brawling win.

And everyone earned lotsa money and had a good time which is really what was important.

Edited by Blueduck, 31 January 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#22 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostAntonius Rex, on 31 January 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

Lastly, I just wanted to mention again, and for the record, that Gyrok sucks.

The most recent Wolf-Bear conflict is directly the result of Gyrok, and CWDG's actions in the sacking of New Caladonia. If that planet had been left alone, we were only 1 jump from competing our objectives, and with said completion, the most recent war with Wolf would have been avoided. Completely.

But alas, poop heads will be poop heads.

We do not hold all of Clan Wolf responsible for said ******'s actions, but we would like to not be ever associated with one of his repute. We are very open to working with Wolf, but not them. They are outcasts to us, forever to be hated, until the time that Gyrok steps down from his position of leadership.

But on a brighter note, MS is done attacking Wolf. We have achieved our goals. And we are also willing to let Wolf take a few of our planets in order to get back the IS lanes they need to feed their people. (Salmon for everyone?)

Antonius Rex,
of The Swords of Kentares,
and The MercStar Alliance

Posted Image

You know...considering the debate over the chain of events that all of you keep citing, I truly wish I had logs from TS to show the extent of the conversation...there is a great deal of misinformation going around about that chain of events.

EDIT: As for the insults...they are entirely unfounded, and I believe, uncalled for.

Edited by Gyrok, 31 January 2015 - 10:14 PM.

#23 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

So does this mean you Ghost Bear and Wolf can stop acting like babies and crying on the forums. If i had a choice to go clans, it WOULD NOT be wolf or Ghost Bear or Wolf, that is for sure not with all the QQing WWWWAAAAAHHHH

Edited by Czarr, 31 January 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#24 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:27 PM

Well, New Oslo is Wolf now, and yet we didn't get a southern attack lane against Ghost Bear.
Fine.
I'm personally not gonna bother with Hermagor simply because there's no point in trying to get to Raselhaug due to it being unattainable, and I really don't want the 228th and Lords having an attack lane on our backside.

Screw it, If I lack permission to attack the Falcons, and only have permission to fight Bears, then I'm just gonna take a leave of absence from my unit. If we still don't get to attack on another front after this attack phase then I'm going right to PGI about not being able to attack Steiner.

#25 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

Attacks on Bear and Falcon are the only options open for Clan Wolf.

#26 Antonius Rex

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:47 PM

Once Ghost Bear takes the falcon worlds in the FRR cluster, or pushes further westward through FRR (more likely) Ghost Bear will have opened up their attack lane into Steiner.

Once again I put forward the plans of -MS-

We desire a 3rd attack lane that does not hit either Smoke Jag or Wolf.

We have the numbers to fully push 3 lanes at once. Until that requirement is met, we get bored once we take the first 2 lanes to 100%. Which leaves us with a small number of less desirable options.

Frankly, I don't care about giving back a few Wolf planets. It is true, we have taken our fair share :)

I am very open to working with wolf to open up their FRR and/or Steiner lanes which are rightfully theirs. Together, all the salmon can be claimed for the mighty Clans. That is after all, what myself and -MS- have always been after.

#27 Antonius Rex

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

o7

Great fights tonight Wolves. Many great battles to be had. And more importantly, much Salmon (C-bills) for all. Even had some decent battles against CWDG, even if they stalled out their attacks and made sure they took as close to 30 mins as they could.

congrats on the taking of New Oslo.

Admittedly, GB was fighting FRR, Kurita, CSJ, and the entirety of Wolf at the same time, while Wolf only had one planet to take. Which they just barely took through pop numbers. But still, good fights tonight.

extra lame that it didn't give you guys a useful attack lane. As said previously, I am all for giving up a GB world that opens up an IS lane to Wolf. You guys really need either Kandis, or PGI's algorithm to stop f u cking with you, and give you your desired Steiner lane.

Let us all hope that in 8 hours they give you a better lane. All taking Hermagor would give Wolf is a FRR attack lane into Wolf, just like what CSJ has.

That being said, if Wolf wants an IS lane back, sooner rather than later, pushing 1 or 2 planets into Falcon is likely the faster option.

Edited by Antonius Rex, 31 January 2015 - 10:59 PM.

#28 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:12 PM

Lets face it, PGI's algorithm is is broken bad. Its teleporting attack lanes and just completely missing others. And ya, nice drops tonight but I could of done without all the insulting remarks from your unit. But, if that's the way you want it fine, we have thick skins but we are not going to stoup to that level. So if your intention is to try to drag us down to your level its not going to work.

Again, nice drops we had a lot of fun.

#29 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:16 PM

I would just like to point out that while all those other factions were pounding on Wolf for some reason, CJF did not take part in this. We have simply continued our march towards Terra and have even had serious internal discussions about whether or not move to cut you guys off. I was opposed to it and haven't taken any action that led to this unfortunate stream of events. You would do well to remember the past and realize who it was that put you in this position in the first place. CGB and particularly MS has been very up front about their decision to try and open an attack lane to us and while that's all fine and good, it is that action that has narrowed your attack lane to the point of not being able to advance further. I would understand if you chose to fight us but we won't be offering free planets. We may not have the numbers to stop you if you try but we will defend what we have. MS has put you in this position and I hope you remember that in the future.

#30 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

View PostAntonius Rex, on 31 January 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

o7

Great fights tonight Wolves. Many great battles to be had. And more importantly, much Salmon (C-bills) for all. Even had some decent battles against CWDG, even if they stalled out their attacks and made sure they took as close to 30 mins as they could.

Admittedly, GB was fighting FRR, Kurita, CSJ, and the entirety of Wolf at the same time, while Wolf only had one planet to take. Which they just barely took through pop numbers. But still, good fights tonight.

extra lame that it didn't give you guys a useful attack lane. As said previously, I am all for giving up a GB world that opens up an IS lane to Wolf. You guys really need either Kandis, or PGI's algorithm to stop f u cking with you, and give you your desired Steiner lane.

Let us all hope that in 8 hours they give you a better lane. All taking Hermagor would give Wolf is a FRR attack lane into Wolf, just like what CSJ has.

That being said, if Wolf wants an IS lane back, sooner rather than later, pushing 1 or 2 planets into Falcon is likely the faster option.

Good battles, we look at facing you guys as an actual skill training session.

We could have pushed into the Lion's Den and rushed, but frankly, we really do not enjoy that as much as attrition, and as stalwart as your defense setup was, we had to work for every inch of ground gained.

Well fought.

#31 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 31 January 2015 - 11:16 PM, said:

I would just like to point out that while all those other factions were pounding on Wolf for some reason, CJF did not take part in this. We have simply continued our march towards Terra and have even had serious internal discussions about whether or not move to cut you guys off. I was opposed to it and haven't taken any action that led to this unfortunate stream of events. You would do well to remember the past and realize who it was that put you in this position in the first place. CGB and particularly MS has been very up front about their decision to try and open an attack lane to us and while that's all fine and good, it is that action that has narrowed your attack lane to the point of not being able to advance further. I would understand if you chose to fight us but we won't be offering free planets. We may not have the numbers to stop you if you try but we will defend what we have. MS has put you in this position and I hope you remember that in the future.

Yes you guys have been good neighbors but unfortunately PGI's algorithm gave you the wormhole to the south that means now if we wish to resume our move southward our only option is through both of our clan neighbors.

Even worse, it keeps giving us the same planets instead of rotating through now when the ceasefires are up. It seems we get the option of east or west and that is it.

Edited by Kain Thul, 31 January 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#32 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

Your loyalty has been appreciated trothkin.

#33 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

As there are no supply routes/logistics implemented yet, all this talk of getting cut off and such is of little importance. If CGB has a good footing in Steiner and CJF, there's no reason (and in fact it was mentioned in the OP) that we shouldn't push through CGB to resume our attacks in FRR, as long as we don't threaten their attack vector.

#34 Shaitan Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostAntonius Rex, on 31 January 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

o7

So an idea that may be worth considering. If CW takes Hermagor. It may make the system think we are adjacent to FRR. If you let us take it, it therefore might open up an attack lane that leapfrogs over everything.

#35 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

I would just like to point out that while all those other factions were pounding on Wolf for some reason, CJF did not take part in this. We have simply continued our march towards Terra and have even had serious internal discussions about whether or not move to cut you guys off. I was opposed to it and haven't taken any action that led to this unfortunate stream of events.

This is a very good point, and good reasons as to why we wouldn't start attacking you guys. That being said, if I have permission from my unit commanders to drop on Mozirje, I will do so simply in the desperate hopes that taking it (or failing to take it) will force an attack lane closer to the IS to open up (or at least make Steiner open up). If not, then there is enough evidence that the attack-lane algorithm is broken, and all of my attention will be pointed to getting someone, anyone to fix the system that caused all of this rukkus in the first place.

Edited by Lawrence Elsa, 01 February 2015 - 12:50 AM.

#36 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 31 January 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

so why is it that Mercs decide what a faction should do? MS, and merc star, control Ghostbear?? That is just sad.

Because up in clan land, mercs wield the biggest stick. Down in marik and liao land, we don't even have mercs.

#37 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:16 AM

View PostAresye, on 31 January 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

As there are no supply routes/logistics implemented yet, all this talk of getting cut off and such is of little importance. If CGB has a good footing in Steiner and CJF, there's no reason (and in fact it was mentioned in the OP) that we shouldn't push through CGB to resume our attacks in FRR, as long as we don't threaten their attack vector.

Edited by Ihasa, 01 February 2015 - 01:16 AM.

#38 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:31 AM

MS writes "don't attack New Oslo"

clan wolf attacks it anyways and captures it

LOL love it! Gyrok and CWDG serve MS some humble pie

Edited by Czarr, 01 February 2015 - 01:34 AM.

#39 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 01 February 2015 - 01:51 AM

I honestly wouldn't care much if CW attacked those 3 planets that we took from FRR as that ended up being a bit of a failed experiment but that's just me, I suspect any attempt at attacking a CJF planet will be met with as much resistance we can remember.

#40 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 01 February 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

I honestly wouldn't care much if CW attacked those 3 planets that we took from FRR as that ended up being a bit of a failed experiment but that's just me, I suspect any attempt at attacking a CJF planet will be met with as much resistance we can remember.

And i could totally understand that. If i was a Khan, i would just challenge the best falcon units to a Trial of Possession for each planet and avoid wasting anyone's time. If we had a FRR or Steiner target, i would be the first to say "we shall not attack our Falcon trothkins".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users