- - - - -

How Many Time Must Pass For A Clan War To Start Anyway?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Puffy

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:39 AM

Once, when they enemy team didn't gather, we started without them and captured planet anyway. This is very good approach, that feels like real war - who wants to wait for the enemy, right?

But when i tried to do that again - i waited 20 minutes in lobby with few other people, but game was not starting anyway. So, how long is the timer? Or you cannot start game without full team? But that would be stupid - we should attack\deffend with all that we got, no?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:05 AM

when there are 12 people in a lobby you will start searching for a game.

the game will launch when the enemy have 12 people to form a team

if after 10 minutes an enemy team is not available you will get an automatic win where you can just walk into the base and claim victory.

if you want to get into a game relatively fast look for a planet to attack where there are significantly more defenders than attackers.or for defence look for a planet where there are more attackers than defenders

#3 Puffy

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

So i cannot start game without full team?

That would be more realistic if i could attack only with 2-4 people for example, if more are not showing. And if only 3 enemies will come to deffend the planet - then we will fight only 3 of them. And if nobody will come to def... even 1 mech is enough to claim planet!
Wo, where is the reason for waiting the 12 players team? It is not some kind of a fair arena fights, it is war. I hope the system will be improved later?

#4 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostPuffy, on 31 January 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

So i cannot start game without full team?

That would be more realistic if i could attack only with 2-4 people for example, if more are not showing. And if only 3 enemies will come to deffend the planet - then we will fight only 3 of them. And if nobody will come to def... even 1 mech is enough to claim planet!
Wo, where is the reason for waiting the 12 players team? It is not some kind of a fair arena fights, it is war. I hope the system will be improved later?

there must be a full team, however you can drop as an individual or in a group of any size and the rest of the group will be filled by the matchmaker.

but there must be 12 attackers or 12 defenders before a game will start.

as for the reason, Community Warfare is seen as hardcore mode, the games are a lot tougher and matchmaker does not try to match players of similar skill, so it is opt in only, therefore there are less people playing it than regular game modes, factor in that there are usualy about 40 planets available across all factions (so it is unlikely more than about 1/100th of the online players will be dropping on the planet you want)

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 31 January 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Also, if you're in queue when Ceasefire starts and your lobby isn't full (i.e. there are 11 people are fewer) then you will NOT get a match, because it is Ceasefire, which means nobody can join queues any longer and you'll sit at 11 people forever.

I do think it would be a good idea to allow 8v8 matches as well if there are not enough people to make a team of 12 on both sides after a certain amount of time has passed. That would be cool.

And see if this helps: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4123643

Edited by Tarogato, 31 January 2015 - 07:11 AM.

#6 Puffy

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

I would like to see totaly different approach: one player entering lobby, countdown of 5 minutes begins. Once it ends - all players who entered lobby are launched, no matter how many was there, even if only 1 person will be playing. But after that any player who will enter lobby will be able to land and join the battle (but no more then 12 of total players per team).

That will allow people still play, if there is not enough people, and also will bring the feeling of real war, where you can get some reinforsments during battle. Or capture planets on your own, if enemies is sleeping)

#7 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

I think 5 minutes is too fast. Consider the middle of the night when the fewest people are playing. You'd have ghost drops with one mech all night long. The population just isn't high enough all the time. The 8 man idea does sound good though. It is still in it's early stages, so CW has a long ways to go before anything is truely final in design.

#8 Puffy

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

Well, that is why i also suggested that anyone can join during battle - even if you start alone, opponents or allies can jump out of dropship in any time.

#9 SuomiWarder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

It is not war, it is a game. Anyone that does not understand the difference is, well I was going to say stupid but I guess the better answer is very lucky. When your buddy gets blown up you don't have to stand in his blood as the medic tries to save their life.

And no, this is not a war simulator either. Way too many things missing like any logistics, combined arms, and such. So arguments based on this war are not valid.

#10 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

I just realized what bothered me most about this thread.

It is Community Warfare, not clan war

#11 GunnyKintaro 01

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:28 AM

hmmm .... great idea, but i think it is not wise ..... :( but its always nice to read what people want !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users