Undefeated

76 replies to this topic

#41 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

Crawl back into your test tubes, little kittens...The Dragon has been awakened.

#42 TequilaSunrise

• Pip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

Drive for Luthien! Lets make it a mechwarrior event!

#43 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

Not much matter. We win every drop 2 nights in a row, too many furry zerg in north to win back worlds. Every drop you win, clans ghost drop one back or farm PUGs. Pointless.

Dear Coordinator pay me 1.8 million c-bux for two successful defense against incompetent clan vatspawn and still lose pips on bar.

#44 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 01 February 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

We took back Baldur

Out of sheer curiosity, how did you guys get an attack route on Baldur? I thought you were locked to Kilmarnock from Luthien. Did you guys get a second attack route? Or did it just move your attack to Baldur?

#45 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 01 February 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Out of sheer curiosity, how did you guys get an attack route on Baldur? I thought you were locked to Kilmarnock from Luthien. Did you guys get a second attack route? Or did it just move your attack to Baldur?

I think it was just the attack route programming going nutty again

#46 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

Magic space portals, again??

#47 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostJohn Winters, on 01 February 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Nothing can stop the Conquest of the Dragon. The Smoke Jaguar is coming for you freeborn.

WE stop the conquest. Bring it, plushy-kats. The Dragon's wrath awaits thee. :D

View PostVlad Ward, on 01 February 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Sheer WILLPOWER. Spearheaded through Kilmarnock and TOOK Baldur defiantly! *grins*

#48 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

"Grory to teh Dwagon" ha

#49 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostTordin, on 01 February 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

Magic space portals, again??

Since House Marik invented wormhole travel, we give the occasional ride to make things interesting.

#50 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostTilley, on 01 February 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

Crawl back into your test tubes, little kittens...The Dragon has been awakened.

Posted Image

#51 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

Super Bowl is over, back to business tomorrow.

#52 UniquePilotName

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDreaming of a "Smokey" Terra

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

View PostMickey Knoxx, on 01 February 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Which merc units do you refer to? There are 2 that have mainly contributed, and one just extended while I am unsure of the other. (*was unfortunate we had a number of units like KFC who joined our ranks for increased bonus, only to drive our numbers up and not fight CW.)

But good job on your success in whichever focused battles you had yest. We really do look forward to more organized battles on your front.

View Postterminals, on 01 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Die, clanner.

+ many many more comments

Micky was being gracious, you guys did good on defense, even better with the recapture of Baldr

however it seems the general way of thinking is to be a douche about it so let me remind you about the loss of kiesen to CSJ, and the planet after that, and the one after that and now the current attack phase planet. Should I even mention the fact you lost at Kilmanrok. Again. For the eighth time in a row now. *EDIT* 9 if you include when we first captured it, but I will chalk that up to kurita still having no playerbase*END*

For those Kurita players with a little tact, good fights, and hopes for many more to come.

o7 from CSJ

Edited by UniquePilotName, 02 February 2015 - 01:02 AM.

#53 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostNovawrecker, on 01 February 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

WE stop the conquest. Bring it, plushy-kats. The Dragon's wrath awaits thee. :D

I move that Plushy-Kats now be the new term for Smoke Jaguar.

#54 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostUniquePilotName, on 02 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

Micky was being gracious, you guys did good on defense, even better with the recapture of Baldr

however it seems the general way of thinking is to be a douche about it so let me remind you about the loss of kiesen to CSJ, and the planet after that, and the one after that and now the current attack phase planet. Should I even mention the fact you lost at Kilmanrok. Again. For the eighth time in a row now. *EDIT* 9 if you include when we first captured it, but I will chalk that up to kurita still having no playerbase*END*

For those Kurita players with a little tact, good fights, and hopes for many more to come.

o7 from CSJ

I too would be incredibly proud of things that only happen because the system is broken, ha ha ha.

Dear Coordinator says clanners must die, so we say Die, Clanner, and it is so. Your ability to fight turrets is impressive, but it seems you've forgotten how to fight against superior Kuritan warriors. What use is genetic engineering when the perfect fighting force already exists? Our love for Anime and Dear Coordinator propels us to great heights indeed.

#55 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:44 AM

Oh? The 267th will gladly meet you in combat. Come to Strana Mechty and speak with the Keshik. About a 3rd of the way from the bottom you should find our channel.

#56 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

We farmed the 267th in their boreal attacker spawn already last night. No thanks.

#57 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostUniquePilotName, on 02 February 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

o7 from CSJ

We won pretty much every battle against Clan Smoke Jaguar on Kilmarnock, we just lost every battle to Clan Ghost Jaguar. At the time of cease fire, Kilmarnock was at 53%. Twenty minutes later it was at 40%. A shame we couldn't rejoin the queue to stop Clan Ghost Jaguar.

#58 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

I'm gonna come right out and say that I love NKVA's posting style. It injected a lot of much needed fun into an angsty, frustrated, 'rage against the world' House Kurita.

But I'm also gonna call BS on the notion that CSJ is ghost dropping you left and right. You're not losing planets to turret stomps. You're losing them to the absolute **** state of Inner Sphere Pug groups. You are losing planets to XL Atlas Defenders. You are losing planets to LRM hunchback counterattacks. You are losing planets because for every 12-man you drop, there are 24 pugs getting their **** kicked in and that will never change.

If you want to take a page out of CSJ's book, stop relying entirely on 12-mans. I almost never see CSJ 12-mans. What I do see are large groups running individual lances that each end up in different games and each carry that game to a decisive victory. My team runs an average group size of 4-5 when we aren't specifically dropping to grind c-bills for our newer / retired members who are still in Clan Trial mechs.

Not only can we carry more drop zones this way, but we also increase our individual rewards. I may hit 3k or 4k damage and >1m c-bills when I'm a clear step above the 11 assorted PUGs on my team, since no one else is contributing. But if I'm playing with a large group or full team from my unit, I'm usually lucky to break 2k. When everyone else is competent, there's less damage left for me to scoop up.

You guys threw the same, tired pity party when Operation Wyvern failed. I want to like "New Kurita," but the constant bitching about "ghost drops" is starting to get old. If your 12-mans have a 127% win ratio, split them up and carry harder. The PUGs won't go away. Adapt or die.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 02 February 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#59 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 02 February 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm gonna come right out and say that I love NKVA's posting style. It injected a lot of much needed fun into an angsty, frustrated, 'rage against the world' House Kurita.

But I'm also gonna call BS on the notion that CSJ is ghost dropping you left and right. You're not losing planets to turret stomps. You're losing them to the absolute **** state of Inner Sphere Pug groups. You are losing planets to XL Atlas Defenders. You are losing planets to LRM hunchback counterattacks. You are losing planets because for every 12-man you drop, there are 24 pugs getting their **** kicked in and that will never change.

If you want to take a page out of CSJ's book, stop relying entirely on 12-mans. I almost never see CSJ 12-mans. What I do see are large groups running individual lances that each end up in different games and each carry that game to a decisive victory. My team runs an average group size of 4-5 when we aren't specifically dropping to grind c-bills for our newer / retired members who are still in Clan Trial mechs.

Not only can we carry more drop zones this way, but we also increase our individual rewards. I may hit 3k or 4k damage and >1m c-bills when I'm a clear step above the 11 assorted PUGs on my team, since no one else is contributing. But if I'm playing with a large group or full team from my unit, I'm usually lucky to break 2k. When everyone else is competent, there's less damage left for me to scoop up.

You guys threw the same, tired pity party when Operation Wyvern failed. I want to like "New Kurita," but the constant bitching about "ghost drops" is starting to get old. If your 12-mans have a 127% win ratio, split them up and carry harder. The PUGs won't go away. Adapt or die.

Nah I totally agree with you regarding defense on our own planets. Kilmarnock is the opposite scene though, any clanner can defend it while we can only attack it with our own Kurita groups. Like half of our drops last night on it ended up being a big pug soup of all the clanners, and the queue was pretty consistently 48/60+ in the last hour or so.

I don't think clan jaguar was ghost dropping left and right, I think it was just the inevitable result of that whole, 'anyone can defend their faction allegiance planet system'. Clan Smoke Jaguar has enough active players to overcome that limit and IS players use our border as a toilet for CW because it has the shortest wait times so it isn't that big of an issue, while IS attacking clan planets is a unique thing that tends to draw a lot of bored defenders who already capped their targets to 100%.

That's not really Smoke Jaguar's or anyone's fault, its just the reality of CW's setup at the moment until more changes are made.

#60 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

What you both are talking about is one of the reasons the 228th IBR disliked it's time contracted to the dragon. Another reason was the lack of focus, drive and ability to simply work with the rest of the faction. Factor in that we lost planets that we brought to total victory, only to watch it lose all of the ground we covered. The fact of the matter we soon found was HK preferred us to be in the dark in the reasons they had house units not even playing, not even attacking, preferred to defend, and be stubborn in that we would want to honestly help with tactics/builds/comps to be met with "you don't know what you are talking about".

Was our experience later with Steiner then FRR different? Not by much, however the key thing they didn't have was that block headed stubbornness. They willingly asked and took our help.

Edited by Deadfire, 02 February 2015 - 09:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users