76 replies to this topic

#61 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 02 February 2015 - 04:11 PM, said:

What you both are talking about is one of the reasons the 228th IBR disliked it's time contacted to the dragon. Another reason was the focus, drive and ability to simply work with the rest of the faction. Factor in that we lost planets that we brought to total victory, only to watch it lose all of the ground we covered. The fact of the matter we soon found was HK preferred us to be in the dark in the reasons they had house units not even playing, not even attacking, preferred to defend, and be stubborn in that we would want to honestly help with tactics/builds/comps to be met with "you don't know what you are talking about".

Was our experience later with Steiner then FRR different? Not by much, however the key thing they didn't have was that block headed stubbornness. They willingly asked and took our help.

If 228 is ever willing again, I think you'd find that HK has changed quite a bit in the last month in activity and communication. We have several units active nightly that all talk to each other, we make an active effort now to integrate mercenaries into our drops, and as a guy in charge of a barely month old unit, we haven't met friendlier faces in this game than ones we see in HK.

#62 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

What you both are talking about is one of the reasons the 228th IBR disliked it's time contacted to the dragon. Another reason was the lack of focus, drive and ability to simply work with the rest of the faction. Factor in that we lost planets that we brought to total victory, only to watch it lose all of the ground we covered. The fact of the matter we soon found was HK preferred us to be in the dark in the reasons they had house units not even playing, not even attacking, preferred to defend, and be stubborn in that we would want to honestly help with tactics/builds/comps to be met with "you don't know what you are talking about".

Was our experience later with Steiner then FRR different? Not by much, however the key thing they didn't have was that block headed stubbornness. They willingly asked and took our help.

This time has allready gone Deadfire.
Just ask the Phoenix Legion our other Mercs that are currently contracted to HK.

Edited by Reitmeier, 02 February 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#63 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

What you both are talking about is one of the reasons the 228th IBR disliked it's time contacted to the dragon. Another reason was the lack of focus, drive and ability to simply work with the rest of the faction. Factor in that we lost planets that we brought to total victory, only to watch it lose all of the ground we covered. The fact of the matter we soon found was HK preferred us to be in the dark in the reasons they had house units not even playing, not even attacking, preferred to defend, and be stubborn in that we would want to honestly help with tactics/builds/comps to be met with "you don't know what you are talking about".

That is exactly what HK units have been like for two years. Hiding in their own TSs. Laughing about NS arrogance in regards to showing others what works. Making excuses for not doing CW.

Faction grouping has allowed for the, show me factor, in our house. After seeing, being a part of winning teams and tactics HK are now true believers in sharing. The word has spread and new ideas are now being integrated.

This is just the tip of the iceberg for us. Now all we need is the numbers.

What IS house would any merc unit want to be a part of if not House Kurita. That's not a question :P

#64 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Both the 228th and the Remnant left right as the DCMS High Council was getting finalized and organized. There were a lot of issues before then- a lack of communication betweent our organized units, certain individuals treating allied Merc units in an old-fashioned way (even for RP the DCMS at the current timeline point follows the Kanrei's views rather than the Coordinator), and a general apathy towards CW by main units.

That has changed. We're active, talking, and integrating our mercs into our planning. Our HK TS server is the hub of our new offensive and defensive actions, and our enjin site is an excellent coordination tool.

We have awesome units- just look at the 9th Sword and Night's Scorn to see the good opposites of HK. We both learn from each other and train others, while NS is the sharp cutting edge 9SD is the firm hilt. Add in the great EU communties of the 11th and 36th, and the smaller units 6th Rangers, Avengers, MERC, NKVA, and the katana that is the DCMS is forged stronger than ever. We're looking for more active units every day, and I know all of our current units are getting a flood of loyalist ready to join.

The arguements and complaints of HK being non-communicative and not coordinated are obsolete. We welcome our contracted mercs and are working to unite our House into the feared faction that it has always been in lore. Faction chat will soon be another tool to help us achieve this goal. We have lost a lot in learning some very, very harsh lessions but we have emerged stronger and more prepared then ever before.

Edited by Lord Ikka, 02 February 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#65 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 02 February 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm gonna come right out and say that I love NKVA's posting style. It injected a lot of much needed fun into an angsty, frustrated, 'rage against the world' House Kurita.

But I'm also gonna call BS on the notion that CSJ is ghost dropping you left and right. You're not losing planets to turret stomps. You're losing them to the absolute **** state of Inner Sphere Pug groups. You are losing planets to XL Atlas Defenders. You are losing planets to LRM hunchback counterattacks. You are losing planets because for every 12-man you drop, there are 24 pugs getting their **** kicked in and that will never change.

If you want to take a page out of CSJ's book, stop relying entirely on 12-mans. I almost never see CSJ 12-mans. What I do see are large groups running individual lances that each end up in different games and each carry that game to a decisive victory. My team runs an average group size of 4-5 when we aren't specifically dropping to grind c-bills for our newer / retired members who are still in Clan Trial mechs.

Not only can we carry more drop zones this way, but we also increase our individual rewards. I may hit 3k or 4k damage and >1m c-bills when I'm a clear step above the 11 assorted PUGs on my team, since no one else is contributing. But if I'm playing with a large group or full team from my unit, I'm usually lucky to break 2k. When everyone else is competent, there's less damage left for me to scoop up.

You guys threw the same, tired pity party when Operation Wyvern failed. I want to like "New Kurita," but the constant bitching about "ghost drops" is starting to get old. If your 12-mans have a 127% win ratio, split them up and carry harder. The PUGs won't go away. Adapt or die.

Just to be clear, I want to apologize and say I wasn't trying to accuse Clan Smoke Jaguar specifically of winning via ghost drop. I just liked the wordplay on the name for Clan Ghost Jaguar and meant it to refer to the massive population difference between attackers and defenders on Kilmarnock and not specifically to CSJ. I realize that population consisted a mix of all clans.

But, anyone who was watching noticed that the planet percentage dropped a good 20 minutes after cease fire. That suggests that there were at least two twelve man groups, perhaps of pugs, in queue waiting for a fight (because they outnumbered us attackers).

It is our fault for not having enough attackers, but it is a quirky kind of system that there was no way to requeue with active defenders because of the cease fire. Or, to rephrase from elsewhere in the thread, it's a shame to win most every battle and still lose the war.

#66 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

a retrospective on a couple issues-
My work schedule forces me to play in the SEA timezone.

It is quite possibly the worst play time to be a kurita for organized play. over at the 9th sword were attempting to fix that problem with the new SEA timezone command. as it stands however, we are lucky to get 3 or 4 players on from our unit or anybody else's. I know lots of great units compromised of mostly Australians in our timezone like TPL that play regularly but they chose different houses.

So the quandary for us is twofold. we can defend with pugs against organized 12 man clans ( never really ends well) and even with a win we really win nothing since we gained no ground.

As such I have always been a proponent of attacking. however, unless you can get 12 players to que up you cannot even start an attack. which sees us sitting in que for extended time before we finally give up and do a pug drop. it is even more annoying when I then see a unit team of 8-10 kurita players not in CW. the competition stuff doesn't help matters either since people want more drop in less time.

Sunday our time we got lucky. I started to play just before the SEA ceasfire and continued on till thr EU ceasefire was done. since it was a sunday here we had a few more NA players on, however to make it work we had probably a half-dozen different units from Germany, Russia and other locations doing the good fight.

After playing for 10 hours and being awake for nearly 24 even I needed to sleep.

Near the end when time ran short we reverted to light rush speed capping to secure planets.
with a record 2:14 on sulfur and 6:27 on boreal.

Sorry to the clan teams we couldn't give a better fight, we just didn't have the time to risk losing the planet.

#67 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

NKVA undefeated for 3rd night in a row. Glory to Dear Coordinator. Glory to House Kurita. And as always, Die Davion Clanners.

#68 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

#69 UniquePilotName

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts
  • LocationDreaming of a "Smokey" Terra

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

View PostJohn Winters, on 02 February 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

I move that Plushy-Kats now be the new term for Smoke Jaguar.

I second this motion, but I have always references CSJ and the Cuddly Kitten Clan. though plushy-cat does sound much more amusing to me.

View Posthopterque, on 02 February 2015 - 06:03 AM, said:

I too would be incredibly proud of things that only happen because the system is broken, ha ha ha.

Dear Coordinator says clanners must die, so we say Die, Clanner, and it is so. Your ability to fight turrets is impressive, but it seems you've forgotten how to fight against superior Kuritan warriors. What use is genetic engineering when the perfect fighting force already exists? Our love for Anime and Dear Coordinator propels us to great heights indeed.

DERP only had one ghost drop on kilmarnok at the very end of the attack phase, out of 4 drops. meaning the other 3 we were kicking your scaly asses 6 ways to next sunday.

View PostSocop, on 02 February 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Nah I totally agree with you regarding defense on our own planets. Kilmarnock is the opposite scene though, any clanner can defend it while we can only attack it with our own Kurita groups. Like half of our drops last night on it ended up being a big pug soup of all the clanners, and the queue was pretty consistently 48/60+ in the last hour or so.

I don't think clan jaguar was ghost dropping left and right, I think it was just the inevitable result of that whole, 'anyone can defend their faction allegiance planet system'. Clan Smoke Jaguar has enough active players to overcome that limit and IS players use our border as a toilet for CW because it has the shortest wait times so it isn't that big of an issue, while IS attacking clan planets is a unique thing that tends to draw a lot of bored defenders who already capped their targets to 100%.

That's not really Smoke Jaguar's or anyone's fault, its just the reality of CW's setup at the moment until more changes are made.

^like this says here. exactly what I witnessed. Kurita groups were crushing the pug mash ups Kilmarnok put up, but once the big 6+ man groups began taking interest the capture stalled. at about 1 hour left Kurita basically gave up the attack and it turned into a pug stomp from there. Hell when DERP began dropping we had 1 ghost drop, one 8 man team, and 2 pug matches

Edited by UniquePilotName, 03 February 2015 - 08:08 AM.

#70 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

The streak is over, well played to AW.

#71 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

View Posthopterque, on 03 February 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Definitely, you guys are getting well-adapted!

#72 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

we live in an age in which there is no heroic death

#73 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

indeed, AW played us extremely tough as well, thankfully we still pulled out the victories. great matches tonight davs :D

#74 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

View Posthopterque, on 03 February 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

I nominate Scoops as my second.

#75 EasyPickings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 192 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 02 February 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

I just liked the wordplay on the name for Clan Ghost Jaguar ...

As long as this doesn't lead to Smokey the Bear references.

#76 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

GGs to all the Kuritan units we shootsed on Baldur tonight. NKVA in particular played well, and came very close to breaking the undefeated streak we had going against Phoenix Legion and Arkab Legion.

I would include some generic taunts but Arkab Legion seemed pretty mad about the fact that I own their homeworld, so I'll let it slide.

#77 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 04 February 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

GGs to all the Kuritan units we shootsed on Baldur tonight. NKVA in particular played well, and came very close to breaking the undefeated streak we had going against Phoenix Legion and Arkab Legion.

I would include some generic taunts but Arkab Legion seemed pretty mad about the fact that I own their homeworld, so I'll let it slide.

Thanks for the kudos, Remnant was easily the toughest group of jaguars (or mercs) NKVA has run into yet!

Edited by Socop, 04 February 2015 - 09:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users