Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostNoesis, on 09 February 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Members of you Clan treated and continue to treat MERCs and other groups like ****. And this with the idea of trying to point the blame elsewhere than where it needs to be, at yourselves. What do you expect, duh?

As they admitted, members of other factions (namely, CGB and House Marik) are having issues with some merc units.

Again, some. I do not have a problem with ALL the mercs, just some. Just to make it clear once for all.

Ask Tank, ask Coyote Jerricho, just to name a few :)

#122 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostNoesis, on 09 February 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Members of you Clan treated and continue to treat MERCs and other groups like ****. And this with the idea of trying to point the blame elsewhere than where it needs to be, at yourselves. What do you expect, duh?

Not very helpful Noesis... are you already angling for a Marik contract, under its Second Star League?

#123 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 09 February 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Not very helpful Noesis... are you already angling for a Marik contract, under its Second Star League?

Like I said elsewhere relationships as a neutral party are complicated for some loyalist units to understand:

http://mwomercs.com/...59#entry4175659

#124 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 February 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

As they admitted, members of other factions (namely, CGB and House Marik) are having issues with some merc units.

I don't think either faction is having Merc issues...

Hell Marik pugs and unit's that stayed are happy for the help, and we've gotten good fights from each border. The complaints are about a unit not involved with their ceasefire agreements continuing to do what we did before their meeting even convened, more so for the Marik merc's that went Kurita to put systems in place to try and protect their right to only have their tags in Marik space. However we haven't violated any previous ceasefires agreed prior to our rotation (Laio/Marik... not one planet lost since we rotated into Marik).

Throw in that IS unit's that fight the Clans sometimes need another border to fight on just to replenish themselves against a different foe for variety.

Edited by Apostal Sinclair, 09 February 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#125 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 February 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Again, some. I do not have a problem with ALL the mercs, just some. Just to make it clear once for all.

Ask Tank, ask Coyote Jerricho, just to name a few :)

Back on target (Noesis, please step away from the keyboard :) )...

Mercenaries are both the savior and the bane of the Clans... anyone who thinks we could give ALL Mercenaries PERMANENTLY to the Inner Sphere and have ANYTHING left but the source planets of Richmond, Botany Bay, The Rock and Manaringaine remaining to the Clans at the end of six weeks... Is NOT living in the Beta-reality PGI is presenting to us.

Clans LOYALIST UNITS have proven time and time again that we can NOT recruit and retain sufficient gamers. (PERIOD. FULLSTOP)

Mercenary Corps Units are the "Beta Balance" for lack of a better term.

And if you look at it, the Mercenary movements are eventually taking them on a Grande Tour that is showing some #GamingLove to many of the most downtrodden factions (I well remember the early days of CSJ.)

And while I am ruminating on such, let us put to bed ALL disgruntlement with a logrithm NONE of us can control.

The sooner we ALL accept that and start just REPATRIATING PLANETS, THE SOONER WE "NEUTER" THE LOGARITHM.

Can't you see?

PGI is counting on FRATRICIDE to extend the Beta.

It REALLY is quite that transparent.

We can continue bowing to PGI (as many of us have done already) OR we neuter the logarithm, reestablish ALL attack lanes and PUT PAID to Terra.

But you know...

PGI knows its Clan customer base, we Clanners will NEVER come together as an ilClan-led, Clan Invasion like Marik forced to happen for the Inner Sphere and the NOW ESTABLISHED Second Star League.

We all will remain happily slaughtering each other for parochial concerns all the while castigating the very means (Mercenary Corp Unts) of any hope to reach Terra.

...at lest those are my decidedly pessimistic thoughts this cold and rainy day in Northern Appalachia.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 09 February 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#126 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Am hoping Devs take the Field as ComGaurds. I am ready to show that HPG isnt any Religious Calling full of mysticism and mumbled words, but science and the tuning of frequencies and adjusting the gain. We as Clanners (and not all of my Dark Caste brethren fit into this niche) wether Falcon,Bear,Mandrill or NovaCat, need to unify. It is too bad that we cannot have a spear point at the bottom edges of the corridors so that All Clan Factions be they of the big 4 or those of us labled as 'Loyalist'/Mercs can focus one a direct route to Terra. It is also a shame that we cannot make use of Pirate Points (those Jump points where detection probability is low to impossible) so that the jump engines can be recharged and move on to the next Pirate Point until in the Sol System. They (Marik) want to revive the Star League but they havent a clue as to what it means to Defend something that is not of their own interests solely due to duty. If this were true there would be no Successor State of Marik. I am the Last of the Star League as well as being an unrecognized Founder (which is fine I dont seek any Reverence from the Clans solely because it). The splintering of Humanity, as the Inner Sphere has done since The Exodus after the fall of The SL, is exactly the outcome Aleksandr foresaw. Without an Iron Fist to maintain control, humanity will divide and think only of Themselves and those who think as they do and dismiss all who do not. The SLDF was that Fist. And since you of the Clans have been raised mainly in the ways of the Star League are splintering. Remember Politics is the Business of Compromise, and variety the spice of life. I am not the eloquent speaker and am better suited to being the Iron Fist than the Velvet Glove that must cover it, but if I can see what needs be done anyone else can as well. I beseech you all to ask yourselves 'Do you?' and 'Can I?'.

#127 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:13 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 09 February 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

Mercenaries are both the savior and the bane of the Clans... anyone who thinks we could give ALL Mercenaries PERMANENTLY to the Inner Sphere and have ANYTHING left but the source planets of Richmond, Botany Bay, The Rock and Manaringaine remaining to the Clans at the end of six weeks... Is NOT living in the Beta-reality PGI is presenting to us.

Clans LOYALIST UNITS have proven time and time again that we can NOT recruit and retain sufficient gamers. (PERIOD. FULLSTOP)

Mercenary Corps Units are the "Beta Balance" for lack of a better term.

I know, sadly that is how it works. Again, i did not say we should not have mercs at all.. I just said that we have had issues in the past with some mercs, and some mercs only. We are willing to work with mercs in general, especially if they are willing to work with us ;)

About the planet repatriating.. Right now there is little we can do. We are doing really anything to get an IS corridor. Once we get there, i hope and think we will stop any further attack on the other Clans to focus on the IS (what mercs not working with us may or may not do is not up to us though, you know.. Just in case MS will really take a contract with us ;) ).

Edited by CyclonerM, 09 February 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#128 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

I do not have a problem with MS, for the record, even though they are a double-edged sword for us. If they were more like QQ, it might actually be better for us, as we could unite against them. They are good guys, for the most part, and do take care of the Terra-oriented corridors first. The problem is that PGI is only giving us 1-2 corridors into the IS, and that quickly leaves us maxed and looking for something else to do.

Boredom is the devils playground, and that is where the sword starts cutting us back...

The problem really is with PGI, though I do have faith they will eventually fix it. We just have to play with the hand we have been dealt for now. That means we have to not really ignore the mercenaries, but to simply realize that we need to work with them as much as possible, and be big enough men to allow each other to recover planets that are needed to maintain the push towards Terra.

That means, if we cut another faction off, we allow that faction to take the planets needed to cut back through. If we corner a faction, we allow them to punch back out.

On the other hand, once we cut back, or punch out, we do not continue carving and punching just to prove a point.

We need to be mature, and talk, without letting outside forces cause an issue amongst us.

#129 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:03 AM

I made a short post about the current situation in Davion section of the forum. Quote:

View PostMordin Ashe, on 10 February 2015 - 02:58 AM, said:

Guys, please, take what I say and make your plans accordingly. There are mercs switching factions as they see fit, making a name for themselves. CGB has it with MS, Kurita and FRR enjoyed a fair share of this in the past too. You can't prevent it, you can't do anything about it, it will happen. It is something that will always be there.

Now that this is set up, diplomacy should take this into account. Don't make relations with other factions without thinking through all the "what ifs". All relations should take into account cases when one group switches factions and easily conquers a world under NAP. There is also possibility of certain folks leaving for other faction, intentionally hurting their original motherland because drama and stuff. This is why you need to create your relations based on relative positions of both sides, not absolute line like "you conquer this planet and it is a war".

Learn from how CGB ended. We were originally the strongest, and without having a say in the matter we ended up fighting wars that we technically had nothing to do with. Plus, most of our active playerbase went to IS or Mercs because Clan Mechs are boring and so on. We made two mistakes (expectation of absolute ceasefire among Clans, ignoring shifting playerbase) and we failed miserably, paying for it by gaining status of the weakest Clan right now.

Don't make our mistakes. Learn and adapt!

There are mercs and the land will be shifting. Noone can do anything about it. Diplomacy should be based not on planets but on keeping the shifting sands split in a way that benefits both. Think in stationary terms (planets, lines etc) and you lost.

#130 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:48 AM

I really would love to see Clan Wolf back in the fight towards Terra and having the the invading Clans side by side towards our goal. At the moment the map looks horrible with no sence of direction, not even for the Smoke Jaguars. Once Clan Wolf has a solid attack corridor again we can see about connecting some territory and make it look somewhat like it should look.

Maybe in the future we can keep mercs and true Clan loyalists happy by allowing a certain number of planets to be contested purely for those that want to have Clan vs Clan fights. As long as it does not go like the Ghost Bear* invasion into Wolf space recently.

* It might have been mercs that started it but I know there have been loyalists that joined in on the attacks. Personally I only defended Ghost Bear planets but one was a Wolf to begin with, good fights for it though. Furthermore I also do not really believe the sole reason for the attacks was to get a border with Jade Falcon. If that was the reason they would have stayed longer to enjoy that border.

#131 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:57 AM

View PostBregor Edain, on 10 February 2015 - 04:48 AM, said:

Furthermore I also do not really believe the sole reason for the attacks was to get a border with Jade Falcon. If that was the reason they would have stayed longer to enjoy that border.

Maybe it was because they wanted to face the Lords at full strenght.. I have not heard anything about them in a while.

Anyway.. Have more fights/cause trouble/troll CWDG/get more c-bills.. Pick one.. ^_^

#132 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Hail,

Well done RCGB, while we were defending our CSJ planets from "you" Kurita has taken an equal number of planets from CGB as well as CSJ.

Attack corridor ? You got a Defend corridor now ! Have fun with that....

Seyla,

#133 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:05 PM

View PostOsis, on 10 February 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hail,

Well done RCGB, while we were defending our CSJ planets from "you" Kurita has taken an equal number of planets from CGB as well as CSJ.

Attack corridor ? You got a Defend corridor now ! Have fun with that....

Seyla,

I have nothing to do with RCGB, but CGB has never stopped having a defense lane against Kurita. We have not had an attack lane in a week or more, but the defense lane never went away.

...and no, it is not fun...

#134 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

View PostCimarb, on 10 February 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I have nothing to do with RCGB, but CGB has never stopped having a defense lane against Kurita. We have not had an attack lane in a week or more, but the defense lane never went away.

...and no, it is not fun...

We have a defense lane from FRR but no attack lane, been this way for weeks. THey do not use it though.

We had the same thing with Steiner for a LONG time as well.

#135 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:30 AM

I really hope this gets fixed. So much drama could have been saved should things work properly. There are worm holes leading as far as 20 planets away and PGI is ok with that. Surely adapting the algorithm to always offer at least 1 attack line per close border is doable.

#136 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 11 February 2015 - 03:30 AM, said:

I really hope this gets fixed. So much drama could have been saved should things work properly. There are worm holes leading as far as 20 planets away and PGI is ok with that. Surely adapting the algorithm to always offer at least 1 attack line per close border is doable.

What bothers me even more, is that apparently, when the algorithm was not working properly on the Marik/Steiner border (if i am not mistaken), Russ gave the Mariks a new target to see if the it that would have fixed the situation.. While we were left to wait for a week with a border with the LC and a target we could not attack.. If he can turn a planet contestable for a test, why could he not do it for us as well ?

Conspiracy theories everywhere..

#137 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 February 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

What bothers me even more, is that apparently, when the algorithm was not working properly on the Marik/Steiner border (if i am not mistaken), Russ gave the Mariks a new target to see if the it that would have fixed the situation.. While we were left to wait for a week with a border with the LC and a target we could not attack.. If he can turn a planet contestable for a test, why could he not do it for us as well ?

The real answer is, he can, they have manual control over the algorithm as well, they dont want to though. They want you to do it yourself.

#138 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 February 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

They can do something about it. It might be a little problematic now if they do it manually (3 ceasefires = 3x manual check of attack lines) but it is doable.

Algorithm changes shouldn't be that problematic. Simply make a strip (piece of land attached to existing borders, set width orthogonal to current border) that some more enemy planets are in. When you have it, randomly select one planet within this strip ("reaching distance") or just pick the closest enemy planet to the planet that is being contested right now. There, you have it. The ultimate bane of forum zellbrigens.

Downside is that borders would be less straight and more curvy, but even now it is far from being optimal.

#139 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 11 February 2015 - 06:01 AM, said:

The real answer is, he can, they have manual control over the algorithm as well, they dont want to though. They want you to do it yourself.

Fine, but how can i make a planet become contested? If there is some secret key combo, please tell me. We would like to attack Satalice, you know..

View PostMordin Ashe, on 11 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

They can do something about it. It might be a little problematic now if they do it manually (3 ceasefires = 3x manual check of attack lines) but it is doable.

I do not ask them to manually switch planets each time. The algorithm is much more efficient for obvious reasons.. The problem is that when it does not work they have to fix it. They could just alleviate our issues adding manually our targets for one cycle to see if it works the next one, until they have a definitive fix. I can understand it can be a bit complicated, but if they can give us our targets while they work on it, they should try at least once. I do not think i am asking so much, quineg?

Edited by CyclonerM, 11 February 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#140 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:46 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 11 February 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

I do not ask them to manually switch planets each time. The algorithm is much more efficient for obvious reasons.. The problem is that when it does not work they have to fix it. They could just alleviate our issues adding manually our targets for one cycle to see if it works the next one, until they have a definitive fix. I can understand it can be a bit complicated, but if they can give us our targets while they work on it, they should try at least once. I do not think i am asking so much, quineg?

Not much of me at the very least... I hope PGI pushes this change in their priority list a bit upwards.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users