Add Purchase Warning In-Game For Camo/one Shots.

Camo Spec

20 replies to this topic

#1 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

I believe that when buying a Camo, or One Shot camo/color, a Warning similar to how we are warned about Ghost Heat should be added with an explanation.

One Shots
"WARNING: One Shot Color/Camo will be applied ONCE to currently selected mech and lost if changed/removed."

Permanent Camo
"WARNING: Permanent Camo only unlock for variants the same mech currently selected."

It would end all of the whining threads I see about being 'ripped off' when the user didn't take the time to look it up. However, as we're looking forward to a Steam release and an influx of new players sometime this year I feel this would be beneficial for both situations and benefit the 'New Player Experience' we are trying to create.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 02 February 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#2 evillittlestew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:24 AM

I think this would be a great idea it never hurts to give the user more awareness specially to new players

Evillittlestew

Edited by evillittlestew, 02 February 2015 - 10:25 AM.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:37 AM

They should just get rid of one shot camo, Planetside 2 got rid of it long ago for good reason.

#4 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 02 February 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

They should just get rid of one shot camo, Planetside 2 got rid of it long ago for good reason.

I actually know a few people who use it. Some people want to just paint a single mech a specific camo sometimes, I dunno. :huh:

Edited by MauttyKoray, 02 February 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#5 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

I agree, a text description underneath the paint job list and a popup when you click to purchase it probably wouldn't hurt. Granted it's been a while since I've purchased a camo, but I don't remember it being all that forthcoming or transparent in the UI exactly what you're getting. I've been around here for some time now so I was familiar with what I was getting into, but someone who isn't might easily get confused.

#6 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

Only if they make permanent camo unlocks unlock for all mechs, or at least all mechs within an entire weight class. I use one-shots very frequently. I pick something I like and stick with it. I can change between patterns 3-4 times before it's cheaper to buy permanent patterns
I'd drop $50 easy to unlock all camo patterns for my mechs. But I'm not dropping $25 to unlock a handful of the patterns for just one chassis.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 02 February 2015 - 10:46 AM.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 02 February 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

I believe that when buying a Camo, or One Shot camo/color, a Warning similar to how we are warned about Ghost Heat should be added with an explanation.

One Shots
"WARNING: One Shot Color/Camo will be applied ONCE to currently selected mech and lost if changed/removed."

Permanent Camo
"WARNING: Permanent Camo only unlock for variants the same mech currently selected."

It would end all of the whining threads I see about being 'ripped off' when the user didn't take the time to look it up. However, as we're looking forward to a Steam release and an influx of new players sometime this year I feel this would be beneficial for both situations and benefit the 'New Player Experience' we are trying to create.

Only as a warning so players are sure they are buying teh right thing. I know I get distracted pretty easy... Old age and ... Oh look Goldfish!

#8 Wabbit Swaya

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the cockpit of a BJ, annoying the hell outta someone for wasting a medium slot.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:46 AM

I pretty much use one shot camo exclusively. Each of my variants has a different camo pattern which I just change the colors on periodically. And... as long as you don't change it to another pattern or sell the mech', it pretty much lasts forever.

#9 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:47 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 02 February 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Only as a warning so players are sure they are buying teh right thing. I know I get distracted pretty easy... Old age and ... Oh look Goldfish!

Posted Image

#10 Zen Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 143 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

i've only ever used one shot camos. 75 mc or 750 mc? how many people play 'dress-up' with thier mechs? And even if did want to play 'dress-up' with them i could apply 9 different camos to a mech and spend less mc.

#11 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

I like my mechs to be 100% Obsidian Black, but the clan mechs only get paint in a few ridiculous spots. I also had MC to blow from previous weekend events. SO...

I started playing with the woodland camo, which allows me to do all-black on clan mechs. It also allows for a rather cheap yet decent camo in CW, Obsidian Black + Camo Light Grey + Basic Green. Basic Blue gives more of a UN/NATO feel and goes better with Steiner. At 75 MC I get both options, black and decent camo, and I can do all my mechs AND purchase 4 full-price mech bays. For 750 MC I'd be able to dress up THREE, no mech bays.

I can understand not seeing the 75v750 thing, but it's still only 75 MC - that's less than $0.42 USD if you bought the cheapest MC package. I can find that much money between the couch cushions. It's not clear & honestly I didn't buy any camo/colors til it was clarified here: http://mwomercs.com/...o-spec-phase-2/

#12 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

Do people actually buy the permanent unlocks? The price on them is absurd. You'd have to apply the camo on a chassis TEN TIMES just to make it even with the cost of buying one shots. The standard camo is boring as hell so I use one shot camo on any mech I plan to keep, and doing it this way means I can use different camo on every one however I please. They look great and the cost makes it more than worth it, I don't see how anyone could possibly complain over 75 or 125 MC for a permanently applied pattern.

#13 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

I would rather see camo spec not be such a ripoff, but yes that would still be helpful for those who don't know better.

#14 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

There's a slippery-slope to be had when you start instituting too many security gates...

GUI 2.0 is notorious for the number of clicks we are subjected to... Two confirmation clicks when purchasing is not enough already?

I'm all for protecting people from themselves but sheez... :rolleyes:

#15 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostDaZur, on 02 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

There's a slippery-slope to be had when you start instituting too many security gates...

GUI 2.0 is notorious for the number of clicks we are subjected to... Two confirmation clicks when purchasing is not enough already?

I'm all for protecting people from themselves but sheez... :rolleyes:

I was thinking more that big Yellow/Red triangle thing we get in the mechlab when doing something. Then you scroll over it and it gives you the warning. Or just put a panel in the camo spec section while selecting colors/camo and list it all the time, no button pushes needed.

#16 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 02 February 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

I actually know a few people who use it. Some people want to just paint a single mech a specific camo sometimes, I dunno. :huh:

I use them often with my left over MC

You buy a few mechs bays and maybe a mech, then i throw that last 82 MC at a one shot camo....

I dont want them to get rid of them, i dont enjoy all 3 of my mechs to use the same camo scheme. So i one shot the mechs and builds i really, really like. A lot of them even get modules that i dont even remove once i have what i considered a FINISHED mech.

But a warning would be great, I thought it used to have a window that told you...maybe i was dreaming of a better PGI one night after to many drinks. :D

#17 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Bumping due to increase of "Waaaah I bought something and decided to ***** on forums instead of contacting support like a normal person because I want the attention!" threads popping up in the forums lately.

#18 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

I think that the smart decision for PGI to make, would be, Once purchased @ $750/1250 MC That Camo spec would be permanently unlocked for any mech you own.

Now I had a thought, but it might be too complex for PGI to actually do it that way.
What if paying the 750/1250 MC to unlock a Camo spec, only applies to the weight tier that it was purchased for.

So for instance, if you bought the "Sherman" camo for 750 MC and put it on your Cataphract, you can also put it on any other heavy you own, if you want to put it on your Madcat then its covered as part of the 750MC unlock.
But if you want to put Sherman on one of your lights or Maybe your Atlas, you would have to unlock it again for that weight Tier or use 1-Shots.

That would at least be reasonable.

750/1250 to unlock it for a 1 single Mech and its variants is a complete waste of Money, its so much cheaper to just use 1-Shot camo, infact 10x Cheaper, and quite honestly does feel like a scam for the price it is at now.

#19 Soy

• 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

I've prolly bought a dozen one shots, never bought a unlock.

This is why.

Know what mechs you're gonna really really really use or enjoy... then one shot em. :P

#20 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

I bought a camouflage "camo" and only hate me to use in 4 mechs? unlocks esa camouflage should not be for everyone. Anyone know why it happens.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users