35 replies to this topic

#21 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Well, the FPS fix seems to have solved all the problems except being on bad teams constantly.

#22 Bill Lumbar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:01 AM

View PostZenFool, on 02 February 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Russ had mentioned in a recent townhall meeting that the coding for the hud was going to be simplified and it should have an impact on framerates.

Ummmm yeah that is great, and we can only hope, But ummmm I have listened to Russ say many things in town hall, one of which is that we make enough earnings. :huh: :lol:

Just fired Windows 10 TP 9926 back up for the first time in a while, after the patch today and the hot fix this is one match in the bog.

2015-02-04 02:35:19 - MWOClient
Frames: 12521 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 69.561 - Min: 39 - Max: 99

All my settings are at high-very high, I turned off AA, Heard it doesn't really make much difference with 1920x1200. Everything seems a bit smoother now. I have played one or two rounds on Windows 7, same settings in CW, and have benches from those games too. Looking interesting for sure, and I am hoping PGI keeps improving because I just pulled the trigger on that 32" 1440p BenQ monitor for $600 on sale from the egg. Should be here in a few days :-)

I have also waited on getting the new I7 4790K parts, and really had a hard time not getting them and a new R290X 4 gb XFX DD series card. I found it on sale for only $329 free shipping. I am trying to hold off on the other parts and the card right now and see what my 7970 3gb can do with the new fixes from PGI, and the new monitor coming. Should be interesting.

I am also gonna hold off on the Intel build right now till my monitor gets here and I can test a few things out. I have ordered some G.Skill tridents 2400 series ram, and I am gonna try to see if my Kingston Hyper X 1866 are holding back my FX-8350. Maybe I can get 5.5 ghz out of her? If I can get a steady 45-60+ Fps and no dips below 40's I might not even pick up the I7 4790K and the Asrock OC board, and just pick up the XFX DD R290X 4gb. Seriously, what would be the point?

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 04 February 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#23 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:07 AM

View PostBill Lumbar, on 04 February 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

Ummmm yeah that is great, and we can only hope, But ummmm I have listened to Russ say many things in town hall, one of which is that we make enough earnings. :huh: :lol:

Yikes..really?

But is anyone even noticing the FPS increases?

#24 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Yes , I do, noticed at least 10+ fps increase in CW. Tested a day before and after the patch. Happy :)

#25 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

As far as i can tell there's sod all difference, there's a surprise.

#26 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:37 AM

Slight FPS increase.

Magic heat steam still kills the framerate.

#27 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 February 2015 - 01:07 AM, said:

Yikes..really?

But is anyone even noticing the FPS increases?

Ummmm yeah really, pretty sad because I have not played as much in the last couple months as I used to and the earnings are a big part of why I am not spending 4 hours a day playing anymore. Tired of the grind, it gets old.

I am seeing increase's but will test more to confirm and compare the benches with older results before patch, and Windows 7 vs. Windows 10 PT 9926 build. So far its looking good on my end, and with my rig.

#28 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

I run a lower spec system I put together in 2010
2 core 2.9ghz, 4gb ram, with nvidia gt240 on win8 and directx9
Running mwo at 1080P. med textures, shading and environment. low particles shadows. and a few tweaks in user.cfg

I am getting about 19-20 fps in community warfare instead of 15-18 fps prepatch.
Since I limit maxfps to 25 I have not noticed a difference in the other maps, I will test later and edit this post.

#29 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

It would appear that newegg has put a main hub in up in Indy only 2 hours away from me. I will be getting the new BenQ tomorrow. Having to pay tax on orders now kinda sucks, but Wow... Standard 4-7 day shipping in only 2 days, I will take it! Looks like I am gonna get to see just what my rig can do with at 1440P and the new FPS improvements PGI did a bit sooner then I expected. :D

Just came off a match in the Bog....Windows 7 64bit

2015-02-05 01:10:38 - MWOClient
Frames: 12173 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 67.628 - Min: 30 - Max: 108

2015-02-05 01:13:49 - MWOClient
Frames: 13790 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 76.611 - Min: 46 - Max: 108

Update... Monitor came today at 3:45pm from UPS. Box looked good, no damage, got her all put together and all I can say is Holy Hell! Very impressed with the build quality of the monitor.

Snag #1..... My 7970 3b has mini display ports, and DVI, Monitor only came with a standard Display port cable. So, I hook up the DVI cable that came with the monitor and fired her up for the first time.

And the BenQ splash comes up, all looks good in 1440P land. At one minute into the first power on and booting into Windows, something goes very wrong. Starts out displaying 2560x1440p correctly, and then the hazing lines start to appear, and then 3 half inch wide green lines show up and down the screen. :angry:

Contacted Newegg for support..... same old same old return options/refund. Ship it to Cali, wait for them to check contents of box, and then they issue a refund or send a new unit. 7-10 days down time min... with no new monitor. Called up BenQ's support, talked to a guy name Robert and after texting him pics and a Video of what the new monitor was doing, with out a doubt its a lemon. He seemed to think it was scalar board failure. Just my luck hey?

The great news for me is that Robert claimed he has never seen a BenQ due something like this, and a first time. I explained the options with Newegg and the time it would take, and he came back with, " I will email you a RMA form, fill it out, email it back and I will ship you out a brand new one from Cali next day. I will send a Fed-ex pick up for the defective one to your house to pick it up."

So, looks like it was to late today to get it sent out so it would be here tomorrow, but it will be here Sat. :D Looks like I will have to wait to test out MWO at 1440P till Sat. I think I cried as I broke down the monitor and boxed it back up.... It truly is perfect, except for the fact this one was a lemon. :lol:

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 05 February 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#30 orcrist86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

just for giggles i attempted my 3 monitor setup to see if the fps increase was noticeable there too

AMD 8320 standard clock of 3.5 ghz
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GTX 750 TI

3 monitors running surround at combined resolution of 3840*1024

Before patch
Pug queue - 20-30 fps
CW - 5-25 fps

Pug queue - 30-45fps
CW 25-40 fps

I run on high with particles low and aliasing off

I'm deliriously happy with the increase.

Posted Image

#31 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

Just came out of Tera and I am liking what I am seeing so far.

2015-02-06 00:44:29 - MWOClient
Frames: 13088 - Time: 180000ms - Avg: 72.711 - Min: 41 - Max: 117
I am seeing some really nice game play, not that I have played to many matches in the last few days...but still. I am starting to consider no I74790K build and just wait till some new stuff comes out... cards and Cpus.

#32 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

Good thing for you I'm Three Sheets to the Wind, or else I'd … I'd …

[hic]

Edited by Goose, 05 February 2015 - 09:58 PM.

#33 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

*Looks at title of thread* ....does....does the monitor increase your FPS? I don't know why...ah, forget it. EDIT: I mean, congrats and everything, but I think there's another thread for showing your systems right? It's tough when you're trying to find information on a topic and it gets cluttered/off topic/etc. Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean about it, I'm actually excited for you, hardware is awesome (that's why I hang out in this sub-forum :) ) but Bill, ya gotta settle down! Try to keep it on topic! :D

Anyway, do we know for sure what the "one change" was? I'm getting better framerates too on all the machines I've tested, Intel and AMD. Usually at least 10fps more, and the minimums are better on the AMD machines (Intels were already good).

Edited by MercJ, 06 February 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#34 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

View PostMercJ, on 06 February 2015 - 07:40 AM, said:

*Looks at title of thread* ....does....does the monitor increase your FPS? I don't know why...ah, forget it. EDIT: I mean, congrats and everything, but I think there's another thread for showing your systems right? It's tough when you're trying to find information on a topic and it gets cluttered/off topic/etc. Seriously, I'm not trying to be mean about it, I'm actually excited for you, hardware is awesome (that's why I hang out in this sub-forum :) ) but Bill, ya gotta settle down! Try to keep it on topic! :D

Anyway, do we know for sure what the "one change" was? I'm getting better framerates too on all the machines I've tested, Intel and AMD. Usually at least 10fps more, and the minimums are better on the AMD machines (Intels were already good).

LOL.... I am sorry man. I don't know about the new monitor increasing my FPS, and I also don't know what PGI did to increase the FPS, but if they don't get things together I know one thing for sure... I will end up with lower FPS with the new monitor. When players list their FPS rates, improvements and lack of them, many factors are related to the performance and results, CPU, GPU, OC on them, and also the monitor res that the game is being played on, game settings. All seems related to me, and any info regarding all these components seems important to figure out what plays well, what doesn't play as well when discussing any improvements PGI has made. I could be wrong though, and I will settle down. ;)

Edited by Bill Lumbar, 06 February 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#35 MercJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 184 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

Try
Spoiler
tags - that way you can include (possibly-relevant-but-ultimately-optional) information without clutter. I do apologize Bill, I'm glad that you're providing your FRAPS logs and helping out all of us, I just didn't see what the EDIT: *pictures of the* monitor had to do with it (when "resolution = 2560x1440" would have been just fine) ;)

Edited by MercJ, 06 February 2015 - 08:40 AM.

#36 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostHavyek, on 02 February 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Changes to the HUD and a revamp of the advanced zoom module would be nice. I'd say just kibosh the picture in picture BS and just make it a 4x zoom.

No, the pic in pic feature is as it was in MW3 its a cool thing and should stay. also it helps you to be more aware of the other surroundings instead of getting a pure tunnelvision.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users