• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 February 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

No.

Otherwise I would have... 1...2...3....4...5...6? Yeah I think it's 6 copies of the mechs.

If you already have them, you already have them and now more people can indulge in them.
"Players can only qualify for this promotion once."

No, it says you will receive a duplicate, if you already have one.

#24 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

"Players can only qualify for this promotion once... again... if you're counting the first time, not this time though... because it's like it was the first time, it's the last time... but not... whatever."

#25 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

Look, I think this is great PGI is doing this so more players have the opportunity to get their hands on these very nice mechs (I love the King Crab, just superb!)

What kind of gets me though is that what started out as a loyalty 'thanks for sticking around for so long and being so supportive' has now turned into a 'buy our most expensive pack to get some bonus mechs'

I am all supportive of giving out limited edition content to players but really these mechs were initially designed as long term loyalty rewards. There still is not really anything unique for founders that have endured (3) years of a rollercoaster ride which has only just begun to settle..

Edited by White Bear 84, 03 February 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#26 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

View PostDavers, on 03 February 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

No, it says you will receive a duplicate, if you already have one.

Hm.

Then I should have 6 5 duplicates! (Once I finish getting Over Urbie and Zeus).
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
(5 duplicates of the 1 original, making a total of 6).

Sadly I'll probably just get a second copy.

Edited by Koniving, 03 February 2015 - 05:23 PM.

#27 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

I purchased the Resistance pack at the $40 level two weeks ago. Can I add another $40 to qualify for this?

#28 RedlineHunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGPS said I'm here, but I think I'm over there...

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

I want to say thanks PGI, I missed the chance to get the atlas and King Crab before and look forward to being able to get my hands on them now.

I can understand that this could be a bit of a let down for those who have the mechs already, maybe some MC in place of the mechs they already have for them to spend on what they want?

#29 GreyNovember

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

I lol'd hard at qualifying when I bought an Urbie top tier.

Gonna be honest. While I appreciate the free equipment, It still seems WOEFULLY unfair that I should qualify for the same rewards as someone who bought a top tier clan package.

#30 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

Can I just have 3 mechbays. instead? I really don't want duplicates of mechs I already wish I could sell. It's just even more clutter. Or... let me sell the darn things.

#31 KreepyKrawly

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

How about gift certificates for these mechs instead???

#32 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 03 February 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

No.

Otherwise I would have... 1...2...3....4...5...6? Yeah I think it's 6 copies of the mechs.

If you already have them, you already have them and now more people can indulge in them.
"Players can only qualify for this promotion once."

Not what I'm reading, but if I don't get a second copy, I'm not worried.

If you already received one or more of the Reward ‘Mechs as a result of a Top Tier Package purchase made prior to December 16th 2014 at 12:01 AM PST, the purchase of any additional Top Tier Packages between December 16th 2014 at 12:01 AM PST and February 28th 2015 at 11:59:59 PM PST will make you eligible to receive an additional duplicate of your Reward ‘Mech(s).

It looks like those of us who bought a second pack after the first loyalty program can get a second loyalty mech as well?

#33 Dustdog

• PipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:43 PM

I already have all three Mechs from the Clan Wave 2. An I bought a 20$ Resistance package BEFORE Dezember the 16th , but
upgraded to 80$ AFTER Dezember 16th.
Am I qualified for the Duplicates?

#34 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

The only guaranteed owners of duplicates are those that have already purchased a top level pack previously AND then bought another top level pack just recently... which most likely would have been the Urbanmech pack ($40 edition).

The offer itself is saying "upgrade/buy a pack to its max" to get a second set... assuming you have claimed a set before this.

View PostDustdog, on 03 February 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

I already have all three Mechs from the Clan Wave 2. An I bought a 20$ Resistance package BEFORE Dezember the 16th , but
upgraded to 80$ AFTER Dezember 16th.
Am I qualified for the Duplicates?

AFAIK, yes.

#35 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

Ok so I got the AS7-S and the KGC-000(L) because I bought the Gargoyle pack but I missed the CNA-AH because it was gifted before I bought the package. I now get the CNA-AH because of this or would I have to buy another package? I'm thinking that I have to buy another package.

#36 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

Um.

I find the typical conspiracy theories around PGI to be ridiculous, I have to admit to being concerned by all the different things that are being tried to encourage package sales. Rather than encouraging me to spend more, it's giving me significant buyer's remorse for what I've already spent.

I would guess that the people who share my concern is small but nonzero.

Rather than freaking out or demanding information you'd be fools to supply, I will try to ask a question that will be sufficient to answer my concerns without asking you to give away the store.

Can you confirm that your cash flow is something you consider "acceptable"?

#37 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:52 PM

Is the Clan Wave 1 package going to get shut down, or is it going to remain the the entire duration of MWO?
It's been available for over a year and two months now.... That's.. kinda ridiculous lol.

I digress, Happy Anniversary. Thanks for ... more of the same mech :).
Just some feedback: three random champion mechs would have preferred though. Are we getting duplicate mechs if we already have these ones?

Thanks!

#38 Gumon Choji

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

Lets all complain that others can get our gift.

It made us feel special to get free stuff.

Now others can get it for upping their package on pre-orders.

I think this is great for players. Even us old ones. We get great bonus money mechs that we have and now can have a second. I can promise that we will be seeing piles of Atli and Crabs out there. They may all be the bonus one just for an additional 30%. I have no problem getting mechs with free money making skill included. I was actually reading up on if we could buy the mechs today for Cbills when I saw this new program. Great way to entice us all, and save me from actually buying the exact same guys.

#39 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:55 PM

Cool. I don't own two of these. Really wish you could sell the ones you don't want though if only to unclutter the mechbay. Actually I'd be fine with being able to hide mechs I never or rarely ever use.

#40 greywolf79

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCedar City, UT

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

Would be nice if it was given to any who supported the company with $40 or more worth of purchases rather than top tier packs only (I do not see how my buying the Rage pack is less helpful to PGI than my buying the Urban $40 pack). Though it is nice to see something being given away, it would be nice if it was more

Guess we will be seeing a lot of these designs on the field again since people will be getting them and needing to level them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users