#101 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 February 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

I would call it players being randomly assigned with the MM.

What else can you call it?

I would call it a coincidence if they don't have any friends in their list. But chances are they know who in their unit is logged in.

#102 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostXmith, on 04 February 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

I would call it a coincidence if they don't have any friends in their list. But chances are they know who in their unit is logged in.

I certainly don't look, yet still end up in the same match with one of them.

I think you're blowing things a little out of proportions. It's a tad silly.

#103 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 February 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

I certainly don't look, yet still end up in the same match with one of them.

I think you're blowing things a little out of proportions. It's a tad silly.

Well, to be honest, when checking the end of match stat, the 2 man had no big influence on the matches for the most part.

#104 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

The paranoia in this thread is far more interesting than reality.

More conspiracy theories help.

It's like trying to explain how many "sync drops" happen in a solo only tournament.

The idea of "obvious reasoning" is Lostech.

#105 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

I can explain where is the fun of this game where 90% of a team with crushing victories opponents exploited in normal games, ever lose 20 games in a row being the first in damage With teams retardeds

CW game and is ... EVEN WORSE !! game alone IS mechs and all time in my team 0 premade, and enemy team full premade and Have lost game in min 1,

took two weeks in the game and although I like the game are removing me wanting to play

really difficult match premade vs premade not there to be useless to create the pairings so, in my last game in mixed premades enemy team, in my team 0 premade .... GG UNFAIR GAMES ALL TIME, AND LOST-LOST-LOST -LOST. in games where my team is crushed easily, not to mention the superiority of CLAN vs IS

The best solution is the easiest one - don't play CW. Perhaps is enough people refuse to play it, PGI will fix it.

It is a waste of time and effort in its current form for most players. A game mode with limited, predictable strategies, poorly designed maps, and a total lack of any skill-based matchmaker. This leads to large numbers of utterly pointless rolls where the losers get angry and quit and the winners... I don't know... feel better about themselves because they can shoot uncoordinated targets, I guess. In the end, it's a terrible way to run a game mode and poor way to run a business.

CW is not the "real" heart of the game, the matches aren't really any more interesting (though they sure as heck are longer), and you'll absolutely hate the experience until you've improved your skills, bought piles of mechs, leveled them, and joined a group. Then, you can graduate to where I was in CW: bored out of my skull shooting targets (read: new players) while being crushed now and then by coordinated, larger teams.

In short, you're not missing anything in CW. Return to the public queues, ignore the try-hards who insult your skills (as if they were great at this game when new - ha!) and practice in PUG land or join a group with some friends. Good luck.

Edited by oldradagast, 04 February 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#106 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 04 February 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

So, you go into the CW queue that doesn't match Elo while also being Solo....then wonder why things are so lopsided?

More specifically, into the mode the devs themselves have called "hard core mode"

View Postoldradagast, on 04 February 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

The best solution is the easiest one - don't play CW. Perhaps is enough people refuse to play it, PGI will fix it.

Or go "looks like noone really wanted it" IE 12 man que

#107 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 04 February 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

When they rolled CW out, PGI plainly stated that it was a "hardcore" mode without Elo matchmaking that favored premade teams and that it would be hard on PUGs. In the weeks since CW rolled out, a lot of PUGs have tried it and decided it wasn't fun while a handful of PUGs enjoyed it and still do. Based on how CW was designed and what PGI said it was, this was to be expected.

Many have asked why PGI would design a game mode and separate queue for such a small slice of the MWO playerbase. I'm guessing that they were hoping that there would be a huge influx of players joining established Units and forming new ones. The problem with that assumption is the many reasons why most MWO players won't or can't join Units didn't miraculously disappear with the appearance of CW, so while there was an initial surge in Unit recruitment when CW showed up, the vast majority of MWO players are still unaffiliated and will continue to be so.

What PGI did - create a format designed to discourage and run off about 80% of their player base - is like opening a meat-only BBQ in a town full of mostly vegetarians - a bad business decision. Their assumption - and that of an obnoxious underhive of CW players - that PUG's would enjoy the abuse and want to delve deeper in to CW after being schooled by one-sided losses is like expecting everyone in that vegetarian town to convert to eating meat just to save our hypothetical and stupidly conceived BBQ restaurant.

Reality doesn't rewrite itself because a bunch of Powerpoint charts claim that casual players will suddenly become hard-core gamers if you just kick them the face enough. And the louder and less civilized part of the "community" in CW land has made it brutally clear that they don't want: casual players, "bad" players, new players, or players who "whine" by pointing out problems. No, the "life sucks, and so should CW, because it's hard-core!" mindset has taken over. Heck, we've got try-hards over there justifying everything from making alternate accounts for enemy factions just to auto-win over them to claiming that ghost drops on empty planets are "a show of skill." How anyone can take them seriously is beyond me, and why anyone would want to play in such a sleazy environment is equally baffling.

So, while PGI deserved the rap for coming up with this nutty idea and ignoring reality, the CW players who *like* stomping new players while loudly trumpeting their skills (and yet being opposed to any match-making tools that would force them to use those "skills" vs. shooting helpless targets) deserve a larger heaping of the blame for running new players out of CW.

Edited by oldradagast, 04 February 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#108 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 04 February 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Or go "looks like noone really wanted it" IE 12 man que

Technically, they simply split the group queue from the solo queue. They didn't get rid of 12-mans - you can still play 12-mans in the group queue - but they got rid of the 12-man ONLY queue. However, I can't fault them for that since it was basically dead. Folks who complain about long wait times in CW probably never experienced the wait times in the 12-man only queue back when it existed. I played in that format... though I honestly think I spent more time waiting for games than playing. The wait for a game was just about as long, AND you'd often end up playing against the same team over and over because nobody else was in it.

PGI should have taken that lesson to heart - the game lacks the population to support a large number of true "hard-core" players. Instead, their solution basically amounts to throwing PUGs and casuals into that 12-man only queue so they can get torn to shreds. Oh, and we have a map with pretty images to fight over, too, which I guess makes up for the endless rolls. But in those brief few games before each new and casual player quits CW forever, they can at least claim, "Oh, well - CW has enough people in it." Nevermind that it has to keep cycling new victims in to stay afloat... lol... flippin idiocy.

Edited by oldradagast, 04 February 2015 - 06:57 PM.

#109 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 04 February 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

but they got rid of the 12-man ONLY queue.

They got rid of it after letting the competitive scene there die off and then said essentially that they were removing it because noone wanted it lol

View Postoldradagast, on 04 February 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

But in those brief few games before each new and casual player quits CW forever, they can at least claim, "Oh, well - CW has enough people in it." Nevermind that it has to keep cycling new victims in to stay afloat... lol... flippin idiocy.

The sad part is when it eventually dries up and noone is playing it anymore theyll say the feature was a waste of time because they tried it and it didnt work

#110 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Dont forget the lessened rewards you get from the mode in general THEN add in the idea that you need to be punched in the face a month straight before you MIGHT like it.

That attitude didnt appear from nowhere you know, it started in the 12 man que.

You were expected to get your ass whipped for a month plus until you liked it to get into THAT **** too back when ppl were playing it

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

I honestly can't wait for in game VOIP.

why?

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 04 February 2015 - 07:31 PM.

#111 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

Posted Image

#112 Zwergonfire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:35 PM

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 04 February 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Mystere (Translation: I want 2 completely separate Battletech universes in Community Warfare, one for PUGs and another for groups.

Sigh! PGI caving in and splitting the public queues was a colossal mistake. Now the same type of whiners (and probably even exactly the same whiners) want to subject Community Warfare -- aka planetary conquest -- to the same treatment.)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I say you are a idiot when PGI split the solo MM queues it was the best thing for the game and the player-base it retained a lot of new players that would have uninstalled this game from all the seal clubbing premade teams.

Also this game needs to stay fresh an gain and retain new players I could see no better way other than PVE to help them by giving them there own easy mode CW with a (stock mode) and a (open build mode) like we have now and let them play and have fun.

Plus they always have the option to join a group and play hardcore CW with a team.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the guy who said im crazy and need a tinfoil hat FFUCK YOU PAL (Zergonefire) go jump off a bridge best thing you could do for yourself and this community.

Such eloquent
Very wisdom
wow...

Also, I don't doubt sync dropping happens, but you can't show me a picture of 2 people from the same group in aa solo drop and tell me that's a problem without expecting me to laugh in your face.

#113 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 04 February 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

why?

To hopefully kill the sync drop threads.

#114 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

To hopefully kill the sync drop threads.

um... people will admit theyre doing it?

I dont get it. Call me stupid whatever lol

#115 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 04 February 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

um... people will admit theyre doing it?

I dont get it. Call me stupid whatever lol

I guess you haven't read the whole thread? All the accusations of sync dropping, including (OMG!)a screen shot of 2 guys from the same unit on the same team in a Solo match?

Funny enough, the only admitted sync dropper is MudHut who did it 'thousands' of times to show it could be done. I don't think there is a single scientific theory put to so many tests. ;)

Edited by Davers, 04 February 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#116 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

I guess you haven't read the whole thread? All the accusations of sync dropping, including (OMG!)a screen shot of 2 guys from the same unit on the same team in a Solo match?

Funny enough, the only admitted sync dropper is MudHut who did it 'thousands' of times to show it could be done. I don't think there is a single scientific theory put to so many tests. ;)

Yeah I dont put any stock in synch dropping

Months back we were trying to synch drop on purpose for the Tues night scrambles and we quickly came to the conclusion it dont work anymore. Mind you that was back like april or so if not earlier

PRIOR to a certain patch (I cant remember which one) it WAS possible and we used to do it all the time but since that patch its been broken and doest work

I was wrong, it was around February of LAST YEAR - I know the date because I was curious if synch dropping was or wasnt actually against the rules so I asked the support guys and all I have to do is find the reply in my email

and no; havent followed the whole 5 pages of the thread and its kinda silly to think anyone just popping in would O.o

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 04 February 2015 - 07:52 PM.

#117 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostMystere, on 04 February 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

<personal attack removed> separate instances of the same BT universe for each and every potential slice of the player base.

Interestingly, thats what I thought they were going to do. I remember an ask the devs some time back where they were asked if CW was going to be one big server or many servers and their reply was "many many servers"

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 04 February 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#118 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

OP... I have been reminded by both my failure as a player and the incessant derpitude of my teams that this game is in desperate need for PvE as well as to never expect much success from the play format we currently have with PvP.

Although PvE content would radically increase this game's player base, it would dramatically decrease all PvP play because easy victory is always more fun for the majority of players who have little interest in being "challenged" or being forced to play with jerks. The reward versus grind/pain is FAR too small

#119 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostXmith, on 04 February 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

I have no idea how large some units are and I don't care.

Ok, is this a large unit too?

http://imgur.com/WyEUMgs

hahahah

So sync dropping to you tin foilers is when MM puts 2 people from the same unit in the same match and not that it's some conspiracy and the players are sitting in TS trying to do it on purpose. Ok I get it now. If you call that sync dropping no wonder you see the evil premade bogeyman everywhere.

Edited by Ghogiel, 04 February 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#120 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostInferno86, on 04 February 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

I can explain where is the fun of this game where 90% of a team with crushing victories opponents exploited in normal games, ever lose 20 games in a row being the first in damage With teams retardeds

CW game and is ... EVEN WORSE !! game alone IS mechs and all time in my team 0 premade, and enemy team full premade and Have lost game in min 1,

took two weeks in the game and although I like the game are removing me wanting to play

really difficult match premade vs premade not there to be useless to create the pairings so, in my last game in mixed premades enemy team, in my team 0 premade .... GG UNFAIR GAMES ALL TIME, AND LOST-LOST-LOST -LOST. in games where my team is crushed easily, not to mention the superiority of CLAN vs IS

Want a team to play with? Send me a PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users