• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

View Postoldradagast, on 05 February 2015 - 04:10 AM, said:

Which will never happen. PGI has little interest in the new user experience based on what we've seen so far, and CW has been taken over by sadists who enjoy seal-clubbing because it makes them feel more manly. The basic reality is that there is no "community" in community warfare; it has become "play it my way - and give me free wins over PUG's - or get lost, noob!"

Look at the CW forum and the try-hards there that have run new players and casuals out of CW. They don't want people learning how to play or improving their skills. Oh, sure - they'll scream about "getting on mah level or gettin' rekted, noob!" all day, but when you offer any suggestions that might help new or casual players have a better CW experience and grow their abilities in that game mode, they scream like howler monkeys and throw crap at you because you're threatening to take away their PUG-roll wins. Even though most people who play CW are probably normal, their opinions on the format's problems go unheard and they are not the ones encountered by new players who investigate the CW forum for help; instead, they run into the trolls and brats and then quit.

Is it any wonder so many people have quit CW?

You come into every thread and make comments like this that have NOTHING to do with the OP. I know you are looking for somewhere to trumpet your agenda but no one here asked weather CW was about "clubbing baby seals" (very sad thing to call yourself and others). I have yet to run into ANYONE that told me to "GET GUD" or any of the other lies you are telling here. I dont see it...sorry. I dont know who or what time you play in but I'm pretty sure you are making it up.

Post some screenshots, have some proof. You just sound like a little kid whining because they dont have the same toys as the other kids in the sandbox.

You Post these same things alllllll the time about how you dont like this or that. But have never once done a single thing to help the game. You constantly bad mouthing PGI, their game, modes and players here in the community does nothing for anyone. makes you look like and ass and gives people a bad name because of the lies.

If you have concerns, like I said, screenshot them and send them to support. At this point in time you are just as bad as the players you claim are doing these things when you do nothing but point fingers and whine. Sit back and do nothing to help but then wonder why the place is so bad.

Didn't your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all?

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 05 February 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Redacted

It seems like a lie when you dont understand the MM.....take some time to learn how it works before you claim its a lie. You cannot synch drop in pvt as you need at least two players in a LOBBY on each side in order to kick off the match. So that is wrong....

There is no MM in CW, its first come first serve. So if you call a buddy and say "hey, we need one more on Planet Z. Join up" If that player joins first he gets in, if someone else does then they get in. Its first come first serve so it very, very easy to "Synch Drop" but that isnt even what it is. There is no MM in CW so you are not trying to "synch" together. You go into a lobby just like PVT Matches whoever signs up first gets into the match.....its really very simple.

Because ELO is a factor in PUBLIC games its very, very hard to synch drop. They wont put a bunch of good players on one team and the new guys on another. It even them out so even if you tried yu may get split onto the opposite teams. Small groups have the same thing...ELO comes into effect and MM parameters make it very, very hard but not impossible.

There is no MM in CW, its basically a glorified list. Whoever signs up first get in to match. NO lies or Smoke and mirrors about it. Just some ignorance....

Edited by GM Patience, 11 February 2015 - 03:24 PM.

#142 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

Synch dropping done by you and your crew does nothing to prove that other people do it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No but it does prove the DEVS & staff have lied to the player base all along about SYNC Dropping was eliminated from the game except in the private group MM queue.

The Devs and Staff lie about everything in MWO its hard to believe a word they say unless its in a Announcement.The Devs are just driving more players away every week by bad rewards for 95% of the players in MWO a bad CW faction warfare mode and the endless lies.

Calm down.. You need to take a little time to take the temperature of the water here if you're to provoke a properly strong reaction..

Meanwhile, back under your bridge with you.. I hear a billy goat posse approaching.

View PostDarthRevis, on 05 February 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

You come into every thread and make comments like this that have NOTHING to do with the OP. I know you are looking for somewhere to trumpet your agenda but no one here asked weather CW was about "clubbing baby seals" (very sad thing to call yourself and others). I have yet to run into ANYONE that told me to "GET GUD" or any of the other lies you are telling here. I dont see it...sorry. I dont know who or what time you play in but I'm pretty sure you are making it up.

Post some screenshots, have some proof. You just sound like a little kid whining because they dont have the same toys as the other kids in the sandbox.

You Post these same things alllllll the time about how you dont like this or that. But have never once done a single thing to help the game. You constantly bad mouthing PGI, their game, modes and players here in the community does nothing for anyone. makes you look like and ass and gives people a bad name because of the lies.

If you have concerns, like I said, screenshot them and send them to support. At this point in time you are just as bad as the players you claim are doing these things when you do nothing but point fingers and whine. Sit back and do nothing to help but then wonder why the place is so bad.

Didn't your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all?

It seems like a lie when you dont understand the MM.....take some time to learn how it works before you claim its a lie.

Git gud!

Sorry.. Slow day, couldn't resist :P

#143 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

Redacted

This is a great example of someone grasping at straws.

Now sync dropping is the bane of MWO and is destroying it.. please.. in MW3 and MW4 units didn't even hide the fact that they worked together. They just hosted the game and dumped the PUGs on one side and then proceeded to obliterate them.

It didn't destroy either one of those games. The Solo running peeps just accepted it. Course many of them got better and joined the units for competitive play.

But here in 2015 they run to the devs crying foul. They could take personal responsibility, get good, and join a unit and play competitively. Or take responsibility and suck it up, realizing that solo play is inefficient in multiplayer settings but just enjoy the game as it is. If you play casually, expect casual results.

#144 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 05 February 2015 - 03:09 AM, said:

And the shaman of the cult of Nosyncdrawp shows up.

Sounds... Lovecraftian. Is Nosnycdrawp related to Nyarlathotep?
Posted Image

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 05 February 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#145 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 05 February 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Redacted

I think he's really just saying that it doesn't happen often enough to warrant developer attention.

It's a hard problem for the devs to manage, regardless.

I agree that it does happen, though.

#146 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

Check out this link, join a team speak group, comstar is where I started, is on this link, jump in with the peeps, and learn to be on the winning team, equals all the fun you can handle.

http://mwomercs.com/...p-on-teamspeak/

#147 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostDock Steward, on 05 February 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

Synch dropping done by you and your crew does nothing to prove that other people do it. If your point is to prove that it's possible, well, great, it's obviously possible and few have ever argued that it's not. It doesn't matter how many times YOU do it, that doesn't count as proof that any significant number of others are doing it.

Better yet, when he has proof of full 12 man synchdrops come on back with that

cause thats a real synch drop lol

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 05 February 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#148 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

The devs stated when asked what was going to be done about sync dropping and the responce was a succinct "Match Maker phase 3" Which was iirc Elo MM.

Edited by Ghogiel, 05 February 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#149 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:40 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

The devs stated when asked what was going to be done about sync dropping and the responce was a succinct "Match Maker phase 3" Which was iirc Elo MM.

Did they say anything about how they intend to deal with it? Because that would be no mean feat.

#150 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 05 February 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

Sounds... Lovecraftian. Is Nosnycdrawp related to Nyarlathotep?
Posted Image

"Masks of Nyarlathotep" was supposedly the greatest RPG campaign ever written.

#151 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostF4T 4L, on 05 February 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

Did they say anything about how they intend to deal with it? Because that would be no mean feat.

There really isn't any difference between the "how do you intend to deal with it" and "what is going to be done about it". At least if the question was worded like the former I still think the answer would have been the same. Which was "Match Maker phase 3"

#152 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

View PostDIrty Crazy Harry, on 05 February 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

Redacted

If you are so unhappy with the game why are you playing?

I'm pretty sure you know where the door is...Not that i want to see anyone go but if it is so bad and you have all the answers why are you here?

#153 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 February 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

There really isn't any difference between the "how do you intend to deal with it" and "what is going to be done about it". At least if the question was worded like the former I still think the answer would have been the same. Which was "Match Maker phase 3"

I don't disagree.. I do think that as policy it should be explicitly disallowed.

Enforcement would be very difficult, and I was interested that the devs have stated that they plan to address it. Hence my question.

#154 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

Holy crap these sync drop tin foilers are next level idiots.

The unit I'm in now has 300 people and the one before had 70. With 70 people I was seeing a teammate land in my pug drops about every fifth drop. I assume that I'd have two guys on each team every drop if the new unit wasn't all in CW. It's just how it goes. Who cares? Shoot stuff and get over yourself. If you see the world as fundamentally unfair, you are not going to have a good time.

PS - noone is stealing your money. You just have a sucky attitude and it's bleeding over to your gaming skills. I'm pretty average and I make 100-300k per game. Most of the extra money comes from "flanking bonus", "hit and run", and the other bonuses, not from kills(lots of assists though.)

Edited by HARDKOR, 05 February 2015 - 11:26 AM.

#155 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostF4T 4L, on 05 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

I don't disagree.. I do think that as policy it should be explicitly disallowed.

Enforcement would be very difficult, and I was interested that the devs have stated that they plan to address it. Hence my question.

I'm saying they did address it. Hence it no longer being an issue.

#156 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostF4T 4L, on 05 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

There is nothing else to address that has not been already....they put in ELO and other parameters. End of story.

Its already been handled....these tin foil hatters just know everything and everyone is telling lies so nothing we say or do in the game will maek them think otherwise. Even if the Dev's SHOWED them! The first time a Unit of 100 plus got 2 guys into the same solo drop everyone would cry "LIES, FALSE, BLASPHEMY, BURN RUSS A THE STAKE!"

To the TIN FOIL HAT PILOTS...

Everyone is out to get you....and we all synch drop all the time, PGI lies and the government does too. :P

Edited by DarthRevis, 05 February 2015 - 12:19 PM.

#157 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 05 February 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

that didnt kill it, it was far later

#158 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 05 February 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

If you are so unhappy with the game why are you playing?

I'm pretty sure you know where the door is...Not that i want to see anyone go but if it is so bad and you have all the answers why are you here?

always a great way to grow a game. "if you dont like it leave"

#159 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 05 February 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

It's been working so well for PGI so far. :P

#160 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 05 February 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

Yes and no.

A niche game cannot appeal to everyone.

Blood Bowl is an excellent game with history back to '85. I doubt it will ever be popular.
Like MWO is has a very steep learning curve where a friendly-yet-murder-the-noob mentality prevails.
The notion is to learn from defeat because you need to accept your favorite pixels WILL die at the worst times.

Not every game can be for everyone. Chess. Boxing. Poker(though you strive to include bad players if you play for $). MtG, ETC.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users