119 replies to this topic

#81 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 16 February 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

It is also a Sign of our actual "Zeitgeist" where everyone thinks it is kinda cool to act that Way. We don't understand what the Benefit of such Behaviour is - and we are united in this Point.

Well, does everything need to be a benefit? I just grew up with people around me cursing. My area was the worlds largest industrial center for a while, coal mines, ironworks, that kind of stuff. Hard dirty work, done by hard dirty men, speaking a hard dirty language. Its kind of our way of being nice. We kept that even though the industry is almost completely gone.
But I can understand if someone doesn't want to curse.

Anyways, good thing to have you guys with us, we´re looking forward to kicking them clammers back to where they came from.

Ps.: Hail Rai$en, mighty warrior of the Jade Falcon, unwilling hero of the FRR! Slain on Suk II, several times.

#82 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:37 PM

Lets get Diosd back. That hole in the middle is just fugly!

#83 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Got Diosd tonight...finally :)

#84 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:50 PM

Looks like we can grab Tukayyid this "morning". Let's do this :)

#85 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

Did it. At last.
Tukayyid is finally taken back. No more wormholes.

#86 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:59 PM

Lets hit Galuzzo, give those pesky teddybears something to think about!

#87 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

Clanners once again had the numbers...

Expecting 2 worlds lost while we took Nox.

Have the southern IS houses gone back to fighting Davion? New Star League, huh?

#88 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

A lot of the units involved in the nSL seem to be operating in EU timezones.

#89 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostDivine Retribution, on 18 February 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

Clanners once again had the numbers...

Expecting 2 worlds lost while we took Nox.

Have the southern IS houses gone back to fighting Davion? New Star League, huh?

No, they are invading the DCMS :(

http://mwomercs.com/...ack-on-athenry/

Up to 22 pages in less than 7 hours.....

Edited by Abivard, 19 February 2015 - 12:57 AM.

#90 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:29 AM

View PostAbivard, on 19 February 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

No, they are invading the DCMS :(

http://mwomercs.com/...ack-on-athenry/

Up to 22 pages in less than 7 hours.....

Yep, looks pretty clear to me now. The FRR is the only faction that remains reasonable and fully dedicated to stopping the clans. I suppose it's only fitting the FRR should be the first casualty of the petty infighting, epeen wagging, backstabbing, and otherwise incomprehensible behavior of the other houses.

The Southern houses must feel safe having what's left of the FRR as the clan buffer but what they are doing is foolish and short-sighted. If the FRR and Southern houses together can barely hold back the clans, how are the Southern houses planning on stopping the clans from getting to Terra when the FRR is bottled up at Rasalhague? Even worse, how is Marik alone going to stop the clans after they build their wall around Terra?

As a merc I can say I like working for the FRR, at least they know who is and who is not the enemy. But if the other houses keep pulling troops off the clan front I'd suggest the FRR take other measures if it wants to survive outside of its capital. The clans want a path to Terra; I'd give it to them in exchange for keeping some FRR worlds. If tomorrow the FRR is basically on its own again, I suggest the FRR leadership give that suggestion some serious consideration. Maybe even give them 1 path through; the clans can fight over control of that path (if they hold to their word). Give the Southern houses a taste of a multi-front clan invasion while the FRR rebuilds.

The FRR can't afford to lose 2-3 worlds for each world we retake. But that's what the FRR will be in for should the other houses not come to their senses and recommit to defending the front while we liberate worlds. That gives the FRR what, 3 or 4 days tops, without reinforcements?

As a merc, I think that's the best strategic advice I could give the FRR. A distant second would be to sacrifice ourselves while Marik builds its wall then hope the FRR's sacrifice (and the rest of the IS's willingness to sacrifice the FRR) were worth it.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 19 February 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#91 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

I wouldn't expect the clans to hold such an agreement.
Also, the next nSL conference is on saturday, I wouldn't make any rash decisions before that.

#92 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:44 AM

Perhaps, but maybe the FRR would only need to deal with 1 clan. If we got the Bears off our back we could deal with the Falcons (mostly busy with Steiner) and the Wolves, maybe even cut through Wolf territory back to the capital. Ghost Bear Dominion / Rasalhague Dominion, anyone?

Still it's just a pipe dream of mine, and it's only if the Southern houses don't come to their senses...

As always I don't call any shots in the FRR, I'm just offering some food for thought. I only get paid to take shots at the enemy until the terms of the contract are fulfilled...

Edited by Divine Retribution, 19 February 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#93 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

Anyone feel like we are on some weird, icy wall trying to hold back an endless tide of monsters? Meanwhile, in the soft South petty politicians are bickering and playing a game of houses.

Don't listen to them Ned, it is a trap!

Edited by Jonathan Paine, 19 February 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#94 Cryonis

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

Look I will give you FRR some credit, you guys are fighting back hard. too bad you guys couldn't fight this hard when the invasion first started, you freebirth would have been more of a challenge then :P

#95 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

View PostCryonis, on 19 February 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Look I will give you FRR some credit, you guys are fighting back hard. too bad you guys couldn't fight this hard when the invasion first started, you freebirth would have been more of a challenge then :P

Oh boy this again. The only reason you Clanners got so many of our planets isn't because you where better fighters. It has been sheer numbers. Whenever the numbers are equal we not only hold you off, we beat you.

If I'm not completely mistaken we beat Clan Wolf on not one, but two planets in the EU attack phase. And we took a planet from CGB.

Edited by Klappspaten, 19 February 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#96 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

after we have removed the fwl wormhole/beachhead today, we might finaly be able again to put more pressure to the clanfront, witch might help you.
my unit usualy move to frr defense once our objectives are secured, sadly its relative rare as there is always someone knoking at our door.

#97 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostMahKraah, on 19 February 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

after we have removed the fwl wormhole/beachhead today, we might finaly be able again to put more pressure to the clanfront, witch might help you.
my unit usualy move to frr defense once our objectives are secured, sadly its relative rare as there is always someone knoking at our door.

Yeah I know that feeling. I guess the reason the FRR and Kurita get along so well is that we both know the feeling of fighting on 4 fronts.

#98 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

We can now push out of Rasalhague into Dawn! Join us in the offensive!

#99 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

Operation: "New OLD Dawn" underway!

Edited by Jonathan Paine, 19 February 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#100 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

Don't worry. Russ stated there will be multiple map resets as they fine tune this monstrosity before steam release.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users