Bounding Boxes...

4 replies to this topic

#1 shadowrwolf

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

PGI Fix the Bounding boxes almost every map has poorly set bounding boxes dating back to beta

#2 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

Uh, I'm sorry, do you mean terrain hitboxes, or the map border? I'm guessing terrain hitboxes, since that has been a common complaint since .. hm,since beta I think.

#3 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

That and slope tolerances, there are so many places that you should be able to walk up but can't because its 1 degree steeper than your mech can handle.

And the OP is right,Too many times I've been stuck on a pebble that blocks you as though it was a 20 foot wall, and unable to move.

Lots of map props need some hitbox cleanup.

Edited by Mister D, 07 February 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#4 CocoaJin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:41 PM

Oddly, many items that should be simple obstacles to step up on and over, are instead seen as inclines. So you require sufficient speed to climb them instead of just stepping up on them. It's frustratingly un-intuitive until you just memorize which obstacles will stop you dead in your tracks if you aren't up to speed.

Then there are those obstacles that apparently register as impassable inclines, no matter what, they stop you dead in your tracks, even though they would appear to be simple objects to step up on also.

I don't mind the impassable objects, I just wish they were a bit more obvious...but the whole step obstacle as an incline has to be fixed. A step shouldn't require momentum/inertia due to mech speed to clear. It should passable at all speeds...even if it has to slow you down a bit at higher speeds to do it.

Edited by CocoaJin, 08 February 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#5 Doc Sav

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:40 AM

^^ This is, after all, what is supposed to make mechs better than any other fighting vehicle.

And like Mister D and Gamuray mentioned, there are so many gaps that look like you can shoot a laser through, but their magic forcefield disappoints you.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users