387 replies to this topic

#21 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostIDG, on 09 February 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

Is the tension with -MS- due to the attack on Kuritan space or is this not the first time they've gone off the handle? If this is a problem that multiple faction leaders are facing then we could consider lobbying PGI to make a larger priority of refining and expanding the contract and loyalty system, perhaps start talking about a proper diplomacy system as well.

Sad to hear about the stargate idea falling apart. I was really looking forward to the grand showdown between House Purple Burd and Clan Green Burd.

I can only say what I've seen and heard second-hand. I believe there's been a falling out with MS and most of Marik High Command over some teamspeak drama at the initial star league meaning that devolved from there - I can't claim to know MS's intentions on whether they're just bored and looking for fights when they attack our planets, whether its meant to be a message about the star league, some combination a both, or some other reason.

I think the most unfortunate thing is that this has diverted a lot of precious drop groups that are sorely needed on the clan front back towards closing the worm hole before it spirals any further.

View PostRoadbeer, on 09 February 2015 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm curious as to what you mean by "shutting down the wormhole experiment"?

FWIW, now that that donut hole is closing up, there's only two directions it can go. Though, I think any attempts at trying to manipulate it in any direction, and expending time doing it for the rest of the week is moot. But once we're able to attempt to conduct its path on our terms, I believe we should revisit trying to get it to work.

I believe some relevant ambassadors from the council should be contacting Marik High Command to discuss it tonight.

#22 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

There is no "Drama" between MS or Marik, all of that has been handled for the most part.

Having said that, regardless of how organized any centralized unit pretends to be, it either takes a while for information to creep down to the individual players, or even worse, the individual players do what they want regardless of "Command's wishes"

Let's take NKVA as an example, they have made it clear and in no uncertain terms that they do what they want, regardless of the DCMS's wishes.

#23 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

There was no offense intended Roadbeer, I apologize if it was taken that way. NKVA does in fact fall in line with and do as the DCMS high council wishes. We are members of it.

#24 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

FWIW, now that that donut hole is closing up, there's only two directions it can go. Though, I think any attempts at trying to manipulate it in any direction, and expending time doing it for the rest of the week is moot. But once we're able to attempt to conduct its path on our terms, I believe we should revisit trying to get it to work.

Seconded, you guys can still drill upwards through Steiner wolds even if you can't skip over the Terran corridor now. Just let us have Derion, Kuzuu and whatever else you don't need to get there back and we can put this uglyness behind us and keep our eyes peeled for signs that PGI might implement MRCB ratings.

Edited by IDG, 09 February 2015 - 04:48 PM.

#25 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

I talked to mp00 (one of your reps) some days ago and he knew that HK isn't happy with the current attacklane and losing planets for free against you. He told me that Marik will asked for permission if Dieron will ever be an attackoption but this never happened and you conquered it today.

Edited by Reitmeier, 09 February 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#26 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

Last night, when there were few FWLM members on comms, I saw that there were 58 players in the defend queue for a planet, so I joined the queue for a quick game. It turned out that it was a few WOL and other mercs who had recently switched to Marik along with myself and one or two other FWL loyalists. As expected, it was a disorganized mess and the Kurita attackers easily finished us off. I will pay more attention to what planets I am dropping on in the future.

#27 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:22 PM

Unfortunately it was -MS- that conquered it, we have no control over what they do. I apologize on behalf of the FWLM, but it was out of our control :(

#28 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

We understand mp00, our stance on this in no way reflects on Marik loyalists. We do have an issue with a lot of our planets, including some units' homeworlds, being assaulted or under the threat of a new attack front. We respect our Marik friends and continue to wish them well.

#29 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostReitmeier, on 09 February 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:

Lets talk in a week again and see what Mercs will join MS

we have a new unit joining thursday

#30 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, seems like a good "alliance." For the record, Marik is "allying" on our border, too, although they've taken fewer of our worlds. They seem to have a pretty effective "alliance" with Davion, too.

...suckers.

#31 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostIDG, on 09 February 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

So as I understand it

-The Kurita-Marik stargate project isn't working out as hoped because the algorithm wants there to be only one blob of purple on the map at once so their being forced to move south to reconnect their territories. HK command is fine with this. And Kurita units only have permission to clean up after them by taking worlds that don't give them a path to a clan front or Free Worlds League space.

--MS- only cares about tagging planets so they attack indiscriminately, taking worlds that neither take them closer to clan space or Marik turf. Marik command never ordered this and couldn't make them stop even if they wanted to.

This means, for the people who care.

-There is nothing stopping mercs from violating non-aggression packs between factions. This is a problem. If mercs can't be fired then they can ignore any orders from their "employers" (a severe misnomer, as there is currently no way to turn down contracts at all) and spread their tags all over with no negative consequence to their unit. Conversely, if your faction has the misfortune of having a rash of such mercs take worlds from a faction you actually DO want to stay friends with then there is every chance they won't believe you didn't send those merc units out with your High Commands say so. Remember that near-blowout between Stiener and Davion a few days ago when some merc unit took New Earth? We're going to be seeing a lot more of that, and eventually its going to end in pain and despair.

--MS- confirmed for honorless ronin.

Am I close enough to the mark?

there is no agreement for factions only units, when will you people figure this out, you can only make deals for units, you in no way can force a faction to do what you want.

#32 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

-MS- is largely NA. If both factions have off-prime-time units with no real Clan border action you can set up scrims to flip worlds back without having to wait. While it would still end up re-taken by -MS- later until they trot on it would at least leave you fewer worlds to wagon wheel later.

Nobody has any direct control over anyone else but you can impact the carrots that lead them. If we take aggressive steps to scrub -MS- tags and actively deny them matches when they are attacking our borders that provides everyone involved some tools for addressing rogue elements, -MS- or otherwise.

#33 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 09 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

there is no agreement for factions only units, when will you people figure this out, you can only make deals for units, you in no way can force a faction to do what you want.

No, but we can certainly organize and ask.

If MS doesn't want to coordinate with the established player communities in the factions they contract with, and doesn't have much of a care for following the intentions and agreements that that community has made with other communities, there's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

But those actions WILL dramatically impact MS' relations with other units and players and their communities, and will build a reputation that will be very difficult for MS to overcome. That may come back to bite MS in the rear in the future.

And if that is NOT how MS operates, and it is NOT the reputation they want to create, MS leadership might want to think about stepping in and doing something about their members on the public forums who are going a long way to building exactly that reputation.

Everyone has freedom of speech, etc., but once you are a part of an organization, and walk around wearing the colors of that organization, everything you say publicly reflects on that organization. Just ask the Navy. It doesn't matter how low-ranked, dumb-******, or obviously incompetent and completely uninformed a sailor might be, if he gets pinned by a reporter and the ******* opens his mouth, whatever garbage, no matter how non-sensical, idiotic, or obviously wrong it may be, colors us all. It might be entirely at odds with every single action, statement, and policy of the command, public and private, but that one stupid statement that gets blabbed in public by an idiot shitbag instantly becomes the representation of the whole command, and instantly reflects on the entire Navy. And if the command doesn't immediately and publicly move to correct the sailor and publicly apologize for or refute what he said, it's even worse.

It's not really right nor fair, but the words of the lowliest, scumbag, village idiot of a member of a group can hugely impact the perception of that group, ESPECIALLY if the group's leadership doesn't come in and publicly correct or refute what was said.

#34 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 09 February 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

-MS- is largely NA. If both factions have off-prime-time units with no real Clan border action you can set up scrims to flip worlds back without having to wait. While it would still end up re-taken by -MS- later until they trot on it would at least leave you fewer worlds to wagon wheel later.

Nobody has any direct control over anyone else but you can impact the carrots that lead them. If we take aggressive steps to scrub -MS- tags and actively deny them matches when they are attacking our borders that provides everyone involved some tools for addressing rogue elements, -MS- or otherwise.

but you have been saying this for a bit now, were still getting 12 mans.....
Posted Image

#35 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

Excellent Defense Hybrid Black and Bobf, you successfully defended against us for 2 minutes and 32 seconds before our scary single wave of light mechs destroyed Omega.

#36 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 09 February 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

Yeah, seems like a good "alliance." For the record, Marik is "allying" on our border, too, although they've taken fewer of our worlds. They seem to have a pretty effective "alliance" with Davion, too.

...suckers.

1. The going understanding from the moment the first alliance was formed back in December was that "pugs cannot be controlled"
2. See #1

#37 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

Just want to add that our Company (usually we are with Marik) was attacking CSJ tonight nonstop to help Kurita and it was somewhat discouraging to see Kuritan Forces not joining the Attack but fighting Mariks... whats going on ?

Edited by Joe Decker, 09 February 2015 - 10:03 PM.

#38 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:03 PM

I didn't know NKVA was a fan. I'm honored that your IS light rush victory against us was the apex of your mwo PvP experience.

Edit: Joe, Kurita was mad, so basically sent everything they had at one merc unit. Such is our power.

Edited by bobF, 09 February 2015 - 10:04 PM.

#39 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostbobF, on 09 February 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

I didn't know NKVA was a fan. I'm honored that your IS light rush victory against us was the apex of your mwo PvP experience.

As their leader I can tell you they're just kindred spirits Bob, I wouldn't take it personally. We enjoyed our matches against MS tonight, our victory and our loss. :)

#40 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 09 February 2015 - 10:03 PM, said:

Just want to add that our Company (usually we are with Marik) was attacking CSJ tonight nonstop to help Kurita and it was somewhat discouraging to see Kuritan Forces not joining the Attack but fighting Mariks... whats going on ?

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users