#1 Vandul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,342 posts
  • LocationYork, New

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:47 AM

(Not counting the Urbie)

Whats next? No rumblings? Conjecture? We are 45 days away from the Resistance pack being deployed, and there isnt one whiff of any new packs.

Thoughts?

#2 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:53 AM

I hope we are done with mech packs for a while and get busy with some map packs. I'm getting pretty bored playing this game with the few maps we have and am considering taking a break for a little while. Don't get me wrong I love new mechs as much as the next pilot but running around the same circle over and over and over and over......

#3 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

I'd like to see them go back to the mech-of-the-month model instead of doing packs. but I can probably guess which one makes more money up-front.

#4 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:08 AM

The last clan mechs for 3050 with the Executioner!

#5 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 09 February 2015 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'd like to see them go back to the mech-of-the-month model instead of doing packs. but I can probably guess which one makes more money up-front.

Really loved monthly releases cuz some times they surprised us with surprise mechs

#6 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

I am still expecting some Battle of Tukayyid packs and then a time jump, probably after they get the bugs hammered out of CW, possible timed to coincide with Steam release. I'm thinking Tukayyid/Inner Sphere and Tukayyid/Clans. I'm thinking 4 to 8 chassis per side. Assault mechs I'm thinking Cyclops and Mauler for Inner Sphere, Executioner/Gladiator and Kingfisher for clans. Somewhere in there I expect the Black Knight Inner Sphere side... Beyond that? Hey, this is already conjecture, and past that we're in the realm of wild guesses.

#7 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

I too hope PGI will concentrate on more maps for the solo/group queues, as that's where I tend to spend the majority of my time.

Don't get me wrong; I love the mech packs, but we've got so many mechs in the game now that I will never have a chance to master them all unless they stop making them for a year or so.

Going back to the one-off mech chassis like with the Vindicator last year would be a welcome change of pace. But this is a free to play game; I understand that big money makers are needed. It's just hard for me to justify putting ~$400 a year into a game.

Edited by Greenjulius, 09 February 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:14 AM

Clan wave III obviously. There are still enough invasion Clan mechs to make the third pack.

#9 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostVandul, on 09 February 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

(Not counting the Urbie)

Whats next? No rumblings? Conjecture? We are 45 days away from the Resistance pack being deployed, and there isnt one whiff of any new packs.

Thoughts?

I am busy preparing my body; no time for talk.

#10 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

I needz the Hatamoto

Posted Image

#11 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostCocoaJin, on 09 February 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

I needz the Hatamoto

Posted Image

Seriously? The Hatamoto is just a wannabe Thug. So, give me a Star League/Com Star Thug!

#12 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostVandul, on 09 February 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

(Not counting the Urbie)

Thoughts?

First more maps, both CW and standard. Some weather/night maps would be okay with me. Even a daytime mining conglomerate would be cool. OH, A NIGHT TIME VERDIDIAN BOG!!!! -dances like a child- And maybe 1-2 actual new maps would be nice.

I believe they said they were gonna try doing 1 new CW map a month with the existing art assets. Now that they have a fair amount built up it shouldn't be too hard as using existing assets makes map creation a lot quicker (maybe having to ask for 1-2 new assets) instead of waiting for ALL the art assets to be made first. We could see many new maps, both CW and Public find their way into the game more quickly with reused art assets. Think about it: The old MW games reused A LOT of art assets but had a lot of different, varied maps that made each map new and interesting even if it used the exact same assets as a different map.

I would however like to see 1 more Clan mech pack sometime in the near future as the Clan's mech selection is far more limited, even without the Resistance pack, than the IS choices are. (and I want my Viper D=)

#13 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:40 PM

all maps could have a night variant, with MM having, i dunno, 10% chance for the night setting.

#14 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

Step 1 First, polish everything like it's going out of style
Step 2 repeat.
Step 3 ???
Step 4 Profit!

#15 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

Especially polish the sausages.

#16 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

1. Fix or at least improve hit reg
2. Make night/day/snow/fog/sunset variants of all the existing maps
3. Add a new game mode (FFA etc. etc.)
4. More mechs
5. Map pack with a bunch of new maps

#17 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

I still think the Clans could use more Mechs, though I would settle for making some of the currently terrible Clan mechs not-terrible instead.

#18 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

View Postterrycloth, on 09 February 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

Especially polish the sausages.

And clean those wieners, too!

I simply cannot stand to cook with dirty materials.

#19 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:59 PM

I want melee. Nothing sweeter than kicking a light that is hugging your legs when you are in an Atlas. 20 pts damage, same as AC20 to their leg.

then we can have Hatchetman and Axeman mechs. The awesome's left hand is 16 pt punch usable every time you are close at no heat. Its why there was no weapon in it, so it could punch.

King Crab claws, they do same as the ac20 and use no ammo if you are close. Just saying, would give the whole game a new dynamic.

Death from above, when you jump your mech in the air and land on the head of another mech. Quite devastating to that mech.

charging another mech, running in a straight line and slamming into them for massive damage. A way a light mech can go out of the game in a wave of destruction.

Lots and lots of things better for them to do than give us more mechs doing the same thing. Maps are great, but how about a new type of combat that makes mechs with no ammo still useful and some mechs even more so.

Chris

#20 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

I just pray that the sales from the Resistance pack have shown Russ that the "mech pack" business model is dying. If they want more money from me, I need new content.
  • PVE single player campaign
  • PVE coop missions / wave mode
  • Solaris

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users