Friends, An Apology

Social

102 replies to this topic

#1 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

Mechwarriors,

I'd like to say that my online behavior recently has proven too caustic, and I'd like to extend a personal apology to anyone offended by my words.

Like many of you, the thrill of battle and ever-present competition arises passions in the human being behind this handle of bobF, and too much was allowed to leak through. I have severely criticized others for doing the same, and as a personal real life value, cannot abide by such hypocrisy and not call myself on it.

These forums should be like the WWE, where manufactured drama and political theater are for the amusement of the masses, while we're all at work, or waiting between drops. My error was assuming everyone posting and reading these forums had the same personal values as the human bobF, recognizing theater from genuine heart-felt venom, and viewing it in jest, but this is not so.

I view trolling as a fine art form, and take some small pride in evoking amusement from my fanbase. However, my personal line drawn between getting lulz and actual emotion was crossed, and posts were made ignoring the possible wider implications.

I'd like to also apologize specifically to MischiefSC: I don't know you personally, so bringing up matters relating to meatspace and your personal values was an unclassy thing to do.

I hope moving forward you guys can understand that bobF and human bobF are two entirely separate entities, as some of the folks who I've been on TS with and even in-game can attest. We're all just here to play video games, perhaps talk a little smack, but it shouldn't escalate beyond that. So again, apologies.

Thanks everyone.

#2 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

Ahahahaha the guys in charge at MS told you to knock it the hell off and apologize, didn't they.

#3 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:14 AM

C'mon now. This is still bobF. I make up my own mind and take my own actions.

#4 BIoB

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:50 AM

I think you've kinda burned your credibility on this forum several days ago dude

You only need to apologise to yourself really.

However that being said, I'm sure myself and many others are not ones to hold a grudge and take your apology in good faith clanner

Edited by Irish BoB, 10 February 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#5 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:53 AM

As a fellow traveller who has needed to suck on the Wasabi flavored lollypop of shame for shenanigans and hijinks over the line, I salute you and respect your forthrightness. It is no easy thing to do and deserving of the respect of an honest apology, offered in truth.

Particularly when your grumpy ole self doesn't want to do the right thing and your conscience has it in a headlock.

Anyway.... <O

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

Good for you BobF. :) B)

#7 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:15 AM

Too little too late bro. You've already been scribed into my book of trolls.

#8 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostbobF, on 10 February 2015 - 02:14 AM, said:

C'mon now. This is still bobF. I make up my own mind and take my own actions.

I for one would like to extend my own apologies in return. I let things get a bit heated on my end and I shouldn't have done so.

Real!Valar13 extends to Real!bobF the benefit of the doubt. I challenge everyone else here to "1v1 me bro" by doing the same.

And ignore my new best friend hopterque. He gets a little excited sometimes, the little scamp.

Edited by Valar13, 10 February 2015 - 04:21 AM.

#9 Sam Slade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,370 posts
  • LocationMega city 1

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostbobF, on 10 February 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

I view trolling as a fine art form, and take some small pride in evoking amusement from my fanbase.

Conceited much? Trolling is bullying; viewing it as anything but a pompous and self serving exercise in degradation and self-aggrandisement is delusional.

#10 RF Greywolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 543 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

Classy move bobF. I think everyone on these forums need to stop and step away from the keyboard every once in a while just to see the real picture.

If only everyone could realize this...

#11 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

View PostSam Slade, on 10 February 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Conceited much? Trolling is bullying; viewing it as anything but a pompous and self serving exercise in degradation and self-aggrandisement is delusional.

not all trolls are bad trolls... case in point... me ;)

#12 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:50 AM

View PostJacob Side, on 10 February 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Too little too late bro. You've already been scribed into my book of trolls.

oh no, you've made an enemy of a guy who keeps a list of trolls! this is not a good thing that you should be celebrated for

#13 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:58 AM

View PostIrish BoB, on 10 February 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

I think you've kinda burned your credibility on this forum several days ago dude

You only need to apologise to yourself really.

However that being said, I'm sure myself and many others are not ones to hold a grudge and take your apology in good faith clanner

ahaha oh no not my forums credibility

#14 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

An apology is not easy to do. So you have my respect for that.
Most people don´t even reflect what they do.

#15 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

While lemons are sour, salmon is best served smoked, not covered in salt.

#16 TheDeckardCain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

Classy move Bob :-)

Hmmm I wonder if we will get a similar post from Necromation and Hybrid....

#17 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:04 AM

*said in a really reedy nasally voice to indicate the speaker is a total loser* you have lost all credibility on the mechwarrior online forums! you bring dishonor to our unit! how could you do such a thing!? you must apologize posthaste to stem the time of bad will!

#18 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:28 AM

I vanish for a few days in order to celebrate sons b-day and start new semester of college and I miss all the excitement?

Anyways heartfelt or not, sentiment is extremely difficult to convey in text format just as sarcasm is, the fact that you took the time to post a well written apology gets you a thumbs up from me bobF.

#19 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostbobF, on 10 February 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Apology stuff

I have not clue what the frak brought this on, and what things were said, but I do know that an apology in any form is hard to come by these days, especially here. I have no clue whether or not you really mean it, and I was not the person that was slighted and for whom this was intended for but I can appreciate it. Lets hope you mean it and live it through.

#20 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

I would like a personal, heartfelt apology, not because you actually said anything to me, because you didn't, but because reading typed words causes me physical pain. But I endure, and go on...

must...

go on...

Edited by Dawnstealer, 10 February 2015 - 07:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users