15 replies to this topic

#1 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

so, I understand you guys are a large unit, and I also understand someone has to take command if there is to be any semblance of a decent match....

That being said, thank you for doing those things, however, IF you decide to take command, please take this piece of advice to heart.... DO NOT TALK TO US LIKE CHILDREN, DO NOT INSULT US AND FOR THE LOVE OF PETE DO NOT CALL US NAMES OF A DEGRADING FEMALE GENITALIA.

Sorry, just got out of a match where no one was listening to your guy give commands as soon as he started with the rudeness, including the previously mentioned genitalia comment.

On point... no one wants to be treated like that, and not too many people will follow orders if they are treated like that.... reign in the attitudes, guys, especially if you want results in match while you take command.

(Any of cgbi leadership wants the name, they can PM me to avoid the name and shame violation of ToS)

#2 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostUminix, on 11 February 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

(Any of cgbi leadership wants the name, they can PM me to avoid the name and shame violation of ToS)

I was about to say, I hope you have screen shots. That doesn't quite sound like the CGBI that I've come to know.

#3 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostSaxie, on 11 February 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

I was about to say, I hope you have screen shots. That doesn't quite sound like the CGBI that I've come to know.

nor me, I have friends in game from them and this guy was just out of place.... but, if it wasn't for his unit tag I would never have known

#4 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

Screenshots or footage?

#5 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

CGBI shares a similar chain of command then we do in CWI I would imagine if you brought it up with the loremaster here he would put an end to that real quick

#6 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

I would also like to see the screenshot. I assure you that the issue will be dealt with ASAP.

#7 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

I sent him a PM as he requested & he has not replied. I think this is fake.

#8 ApolloKaras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 11 February 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Eh we'll see. I wonder if name and shame could be extended to unit slandering as well. Instead of making one guy look bad, it makes about 200 (or whatever your numbers may be :) ) look bad.

Edited by Saxie, 11 February 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#9 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 11 February 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

yea a fake... that attitude was why I responded to someone else.... you demanded of me in my PM, so 101011 got the message instead, also, give me a day to live my life outside of MW:O.

I also never stated I had a screenshot, when angry I tend to NOT give a dang about screenshots. regardless this was more of a heads up to pay attention to your soldiers better, not to get anyone disciplined

#10 Bregor Edain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

If you are going to post this sort of thing in a public forum then you better be able to back it up. But the better way to go about this would have been to PM officers on either this forum or the CGBI forum.

#11 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostUminix, on 12 February 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

yea a fake... that attitude was why I responded to someone else.... you demanded of me in my PM, so 101011 got the message instead, also, give me a day to live my life outside of MW:O.

I also never stated I had a screenshot, when angry I tend to NOT give a dang about screenshots. regardless this was more of a heads up to pay attention to your soldiers better, not to get anyone disciplined

Yea then don't make a big post about stuff like that then have no screenshots or footage. You damn right I demanded of you. You make a claim against one of our members, I want to see what they did. Gimme a break. You want to be cuddled & tucked into bed? Not happening. You make a claim, back it up.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 12 February 2015 - 08:55 AM.

#12 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Hey, guys, this is not the forum for arguing please. If you really have to, do it in private.

#13 Chocowolf Sradac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 306 posts
  • LocationStar Colonel, Clan Wolf, 4th Wolf guard, Alpha Galaxy

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

I do agree if your gonna post on a public group about what a member of said group has done having evidence of said claim would go a long way otherwise no one is gonna believe the claim. It's the same thing reporting players in-game to the devs you need evidence whether it's screenshots or footage otherwise not much if anything is gonna happen

I believe this forum does have policies in place for "Naming and shaming" so I would advise taking it to the leadership of said group privately

Edited by Chocowolf, 12 February 2015 - 05:03 PM.

#14 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:49 AM

Better would have been to inquire how to contact CGBI leadership about the issue. Even if you didn't have screen shots to back it up, you could have given them a heads up without making it public.

#15 Ursus_Spiritus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 292 posts
  • LocationDecrypting your Authentication codes.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

Not that I would do as such, though I feel compelled to comment as I am a Ghost Bear Mechwarrior.

I can understand the frustration of people not working as a unit.

It wasn't me last night as I wasn't in game. :-P

(Joking aside.)

If anyone post anything regarding calling attention to someone, the common sense aspect is to provide any form of evidence and a screen shot tells more than just a name.

There are guidelines for Clan Ghost Bear warrior to follow and that doesn't sound like any CGB Pilot that I have dropped with or a sibkin/bondsman.

Either the person was posing as a CGB Warrior, under the influence (not excusable for behavior) or someone very immature.

Uminix,
Posting in the forum, demanding and addressing the unit is a form of name/shame. You could have just inquired as to an Officer contact you and settled the matter privately.

Also, just because someone uses unit insignia/name does not mean said person is actively of a formed and functioning unit. This also applies for someone claiming via voice communication unless you are within the unit voice comms, the player has a unit affiliation assigned to their name and an associated rank. At the very least for the CGBI I play with on TS, we all have unit/name/rank associations, even for visitors.

Edited by 8100d 5p4tt3r, 13 February 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#16 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:12 PM

This also has to work both ways. I was in a CW drop lastnight/early morning where it was asked in Team chat to please not destroy the objective so as more kills could be gotten to increase end match reward. There is no reward increase for completing objectives with time left or/and a degrading scale based on same. When the person kept trying to destroy the objective they got taken down with (Un)friendly fire. They then stated that they would be reporting to PGI for 'Griefing'.

Now granted not everyone uses or takes the UAV's or Air/Arty strikes, but those of us that do and use them are dropping 80k and if you do so with all 4 Mechs in your DropDec thats 320k C-Bills and sadly I dont always make that back at the end of the match and its only compounded if you are defeated. And while I am not a Member of CGBI, The Dark Borns aligned with them due to Faction choice (for now) and I have had quite a few drops with their Warriors and havent seen anything of this nature from them, but everyone can have a bad day and lash out if felt provoked or justified in doing so. I believe that PGI has chat logs for each drop, and when given the approximate time of the drop, can find the drop and confirm what was said by bothsides. But if you are going to request that ANY unit look into a complaint/request its best to have 'proof' (I say that because we all know photoshopping can and will happen) in the form of a screen shot or even better a video (because its harder to create/alter than a screenshot) to back up your story.

And to be honest I usually ignore the chat in-game because it tends to be inconsequential, as well as too small of text and doesnt stay on screen long enough to be read, especially under-fire. And the location for the chat, while visible without being 'in the way' would be better placed at the bottom of the screen so that the font size can be increased as well as left on screen longer and/or permanently so as to be-able to scroll back through (toggled in settings maybe?) it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users