140 replies to this topic

#1 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

I am in favor of repatriating the Clan Smoke Jaguar world of Tahn Linh to Clan Ghost Bear as due compensation for UNSANCTIONED (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4104416) CSJ Mercenary Corps Unit (QQ) attacks on Clan Ghost Bear worlds between 15JAN and 21JAN.

The Clan Smoke Jaguar world of Tahn Linh would break the PGI-algorithm manic effort to have CSJ run an American Football "Student Body Right" rush to potentially cut off the CGB drive on Terra.

Then (as is necessary in the future) as one or the other Clan gains ground towards Terra and cuts of the other, we can look to revisit this practice to relieve inter-Clan tensions.

One caveat is that (and I have coordinated this with Deadfire) 228 (and select, already-identified other Mercenary Corps Units) will look to uphold their Honorbond Oath and upon the conclusion of CSJ Attack Objectives for the Cycle, will defend (in its own epic and extraordinary fashion) the Clan Smoke Jaguar world of Tahn Linh.

This Oath was sworn in true Clan fashion as the result of a Satarra. [http://www.sarna.net...y_of_Clan_Terms - "Satarra" - An (aggregate collection of MWO gamers) may cast a veto, or satarra, to settle or postpone disputes between castes (and/or on topics) within their (MWO gaming) jurisdiction. Satarra is invoked only when negotiations seem at an impasse and/or threaten to disrupt the work order of the Clan. It seems to be more a ritual than an act of legislation.]

in this Satarra there was a CUTDOWN of forces from among responding Mercenary Corps Units. While 228 shall hold pride of central position, other, already-identified Mercenary Corps Units will assist 228 as appropriate,

Combat with 228 will represent a "threshold" event for Tahn Linh repatriation.

I STRONGLY recommend that the Smoke Jaguar Alliance permit 228 these upcoming opportunities to hold combat over Tahn Linh. During BATCHALL (already conducted with CGB-flagged Units (READ non-Loyalists) Deadfire bid away ANY support from CSJ.

Let 228 fight this particular combat as it is meant under Clan tradition to be fought...

...as it has already been bid to be fought...

...a single Unit as CSJ Banner-holder, with a prize of continued access to Terra and always in the further pursuit of CLAN UNITY... just Clan Unity with a distinct Clan-favor.

THERE REMAINS ZERO REASON FOR LOYALIST CGB AND CSJ UNITS TO FIGHT ONE ANOTHER.

My thread here does NOT constitute CSJ permission to drop CGB "Loyalist" gamers on Tahn Linh without any prior coordination or even an "agreed upon date of repatriation" being arranged through mutually- acceptable discussions by LOYALIST CGB and CSJ Seniors. Indeed, the current Honorbound Oath between Deadfire and GCOM Sans abrogates the need for ANY "CGB or CSJ Loyalist" involvement what-so-ever.

If at some date in the future, Tahn Linh does not serve to reduce inter-Clan tensions, CGB and CSJ Seniors can look to coordinate a different resolution to a series of decidedly "unfortunate" PGI algorithm choices for CSJ's ONLY Inner Sphere attack vector. (For the Smoke Jaguar Alliance, Lukoi Benecek (http://mwomercs.com/...-lukoi-banacek/) is an excellent, representative Senior from among our Units' collection of Leaders.)

Let us first permit 228 (et al) this opportunity to perform on MWO CW's center-stage, a piece of the deepest aspect of Clan Culture that I have ever witnessed in BattleTech.

If this does not serve to keep inter-Clan tensions (as a DIRECT result of PGI's algorithm) CGB and CSJ Seniors can always resort to appropriate dialogue and then defuse the PGI logarithm's current predilection for CSJ to continually execute strong Right Flanking maneuvers rather than press on through the Kurita planet of Benjamin.

OPN CLAN UNITY (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4114431) remains in effect.

...besides, Terra is only a pit stop on the path to New Avalon!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 February 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#2 Chekotai Allard

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:56 PM

Confused only in the aspect of why members of the mercenary groups couldn't just accept this idea and take it back for CGB? I state that in reference to you only mentioning the "loyalist" part of it all.

#3 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostChekotai Allard, on 01 February 2015 - 11:56 PM, said:

Confused only in the aspect of why members of the mercenary groups couldn't just accept this idea and take it back for CGB? I state that in reference to you only mentioning the "loyalist" part of it all.

Already addressed in TeamSpeak just now with Deadfire.

OP is now suitably revised.

#4 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:28 AM

At least Jade Falcon doesn't sit around all day haggling over planets.

#5 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:10 AM

OP has been updated three times as a direct result of Deadfire and GCOM Sans input.

#6 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:11 AM

PH, while I appreciate your attempts at being the mouthpiece for CSJ, we took that planet from DCMS fairly. There is no assurances that allowing anyone to retake it from CGB will reopen the corridor. Secondly, this is a problem PGI needs to be aware of and fix (i.e. CGB has a border but no corridor with DCMS). Lastly, when you make deals without talking to anyone else on our side of the alliance, again much as you did in the RP formed unsanctioned thread, your efforts are considered destabilizing by many in CSJ.

Theta Galaxy does not agree to this "deal" nor were we asked to consider it.

#7 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 02 February 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

...(snip)...

Championing the cause of CLAN PEACE and UNITY is not destabilizing, in my humble opinion.

You and I are but single voices in the Clan Smoke Jaguar Alliance, and you are being asked to consider it here in this thread along with our fellow Trothkin in CGB.

And the question of world-repatriation to Clan Ghost Bear is nothing new. As you can surely attest, I have LONG had a repatriation thread running in the Clan Smoke Jaguar Alliance forums, the fact you choose to NOT work through these questions in that venue is of course your individual prerogative.

Repatriation / recompense is due CGB in my opinion and I am "in favor" of settling it in a manner unique to the true heritage of Clans in BattleTech as described in my OP here.

And just be be clear, the ONLY "deal" here is the Oath already agreed upon by 228.

As I state above, I am "in favor" of repatriating a forward (and to CSJ, a redundant and therefore UNNECESSARY world) to CGB in order to preserve a peace essential to keeping the Clans on a sure and stead pace to Terra.

WHAT ONE CLAN ALONE COULD NEVER DO, TWO OR MORE (WORKING IN CONCERT) CAN ACCOMPLISH WITH EASE.

By allowing CGB a peaceful means to preempt a decidedly devious and misaligned PGI algorithm, my proposal here abrogates what in REALITY is Casus Belli (http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Casus_belli) to Clan Ghost Bear. Occupation of worlds so clearly in the CGB Invasion Corridor is wrong and ONLY due to an algorithm that doesn't have a #ManInTheLoop.

But we have it in our collective power to supersede the algorithm, and make the calls necessary to keep AT LEAST two Clans on pace and on line in the Drive on Terra.

And seriously, who would risk War over a planet redundant, extraneous and irrelevant to Clan Smoke JAGUAR race to Terra?

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 February 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#8 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:10 AM

There are several key differences here PH on our viewpoints. You represent you, I represent my ynit. Secondly, I try to gain verbal or forum confirmation from the other unit leads of our alliance to build a consensus before talking to our mercenary friends or the bears. That you do not is your perogative of course.

We cannot be online 24hrs a day, but our unit will not support this bid in the interim.

The algorithn flaw should go up on the PGI hotline, aka Russ' twitter feed. You post this thread as it is some form of discussion but in fact you apparently have already brokered a deal.

#9 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 02 February 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

There are several key differences here PH on our viewpoints. You represent you, I represent my ynit. Secondly, I try to gain verbal or forum confirmation from the other unit leads of our alliance to build a consensus before talking to our mercenary friends or the bears. That you do not is your perogative of course.

We cannot be online 24hrs a day, but our unit will not support this bid in the interim.

The algorithn flaw should go up on the PGI hotline, aka Russ' twitter feed. You post this thread as it is some form of discussion but in fact you apparently have already brokered a deal.

228 already (and rightly imo) executes combat with GCOM Sans' forces in keeping with their MUTUAL oaths.

Seeing as how the planet in question, Tahn Linh, is the ONE AND ONLY CSJ planet in reach of GCOM Sans forces, Tahn Linh would have been in line for a continuation of combat that has been resulting from 228's Oath for quite some time now.

TRANSPARENCY.

By my efforts in this thread, I ascribe toward complete TRANSPARENCY with BOTH CGB, CSJ and 228 (et al Mercenary Corps Units.)

In the past, as you have advocated to delay, obfuscate and risk miscommunication (or more specifically "no" communication) with parties involved, your efforts have been judged detrimental to JAGUAR interest... by myself in both open (MWO) and closed (Smoke JAGUAR Alliance) forums.

I invite you to continue our exchanges here... individual contributions are always to be valued in a community forum.

We both speak our peace and let viewers decide and comment as to who has the right of it... there is no closed Rede room here.

#10 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

Posted Image

#11 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostNoesis, on 02 February 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

"The future of CSJ" should be contended over by the Adder and the Jaguar.

The Dark Born cut to the heart of the matter in true form.

Thank you, my friend.

#12 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:00 AM

Since the actions of the merc unit QQ Ragequit Mercs, there has been many opportunities for the Ghost Bears to contact the Smoke Jaguars and reclaim the planets, after they had completed their IS objectives. Even after the changes of 20JAN15 did CGB once again have opportunities to reclaim, but once again, they were silent, and instead sent GCGB to attack a planet randomly multiple times to which CSJ mustered and repelled the invading forces.
It took a merc unit to contact CGB on the matter, 228 to get the ball rolling.

I find it highly suspicious that CGB would now of all times want to split our occupation zone in half, at the same time they also lost their attack lane into Kurita. I have had conversations with CGB recently where they claim their forces are over committed, they blame CSJ as being over populated. After we, Smoke Jaguar, cleared out the last bastions of FRR resistance from within CGB's occupation zone, assisting our Clan brethren. CSJ even acts as a solahma unit for a majority of the invading Clans, defending their planets.

In the two weeks we have been serving Clan Smoke Jaguar, we have brought around fifteen planets under their control. We have moved faster and deadlier than any current CSJ unit. If this is CSJ's will, 228 will challenge it in a trial of refusal.

#13 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,686 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

i think cgb HAS a kurita corridor, its that weird bubble jammed between cgb and rasalhague, when they clear that out it'll reopen on the contiguous kurita side, if CSJ hasn't already edged them out and opened a front with rasalhague. I for one would like a rasalhague front, it'd give us more to do then beat on house kurita.

Edited by pbiggz, 02 February 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#14 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:45 AM

These were events that happened before CGB was given back a Kurita attack lane.

#15 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 02 February 2015 - 09:00 AM, said:

...(snip)...It took a merc unit to contact CGB on the matter, 228 to get the ball rolling
...(snip)...In the two weeks we have been serving Clan Smoke Jaguar, we have brought around fifteen planets under their control. We have moved faster and deadlier than any current CSJ unit. If this is CSJ's will, 228 will challenge it in a trial of refusal.

Understood.

228's position has been understood with crystalline clarity and has not wavered a micron since I spoke with Deadfire late last night.

While he, I and now you differ as to what constitutes a threat to a Jaguar MechWarrior's (or Clan, or Mercenary MechWarrior if you prefer) honor, my position in the OP remains just that... the single and solitary position of a 20th Level MechWarrior. (I believe Peter2000 was in match with me earlier today when I shared with the group my great good fortune of having been assisted by ALL present to be in a Match were I only needed a kill or two to break the 1.06m LP barrier.)

To my way of thinking, I am confident in the Smoke Jaguar's sense of pride in her martial accomplishments, the track record of her allied and Loyalist Units, and in my own contributions to the map as it currently stands.

I have no need of a single planet or four along a redundant and extraneous frontline trace with the Inner Sphere.

If affording CGB the honorable opportunity to (once they have secured their Priority Objectives for the day to literally flood Tahn Linh will all the allied and loyalist CGB troops it requires to correct what a foolish PGI logarithm, has temporarily set asunder, then so be it.

My "gamer" honor is not such a meager possession that I must hoard all CSJ planets in my grasp.

I FULLY understand that no ONE Clan can complete the Drive on Terra ALONE, but TWO or more Clans working in tandem can indeed accomplish what would be a GROSS dereliction of one PRIDEFUL Clan to attempt ALONE.

So I will remain adamant in these forums and within the private forums of the Smoke JAGUAR Alliance, that CLAN UNITY is the key to Terra and the sweet, sweet race to points beyond.

View Postpbiggz, on 02 February 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

...(snip)...I for one would like a rasalhague front, it'd give us more to do then beat on house kurita.

While the skilled, honorable and too thinly populated gamers of House Kurita are most worthy opponents, I too would like to have earned a 2nd Front.

One with FRR is fine, but they have less than 25 planets at the moment. I desire a Front onto Davion Space.

Terra is only a pit stop on the path to the Fox' Lair, New Avalon!

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 February 2015 - 11:47 AM.

#16 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:10 PM

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that started out the slowest, being held up on Turtle Bay.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that pushed into Kurita space alone.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that surrounded Luthien.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that eliminated the remaining pockets of FRR resistance.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that defends their worlds against Kurita pushses.

It is Clan Smoke Jaguar that currently holds the most captured worlds.

It is Clan Smoke Jaguar that is now closest to Terra.

All these things Clan Smoke Jaguar did alone.

It will be Clan Smoke Jaguar that claims Terra. You will get your lane with Davion.

And congratulations on reaching the level of Khan, but why stop there? Let us reach Terra and place you at level 21, the ilKhan.

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

You have done very well, but you still had some mercs and stomped trough a LOT of undefended Kurita space.. ;)

#18 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostQueenBlade, on 02 February 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that started out the slowest, being held up on Turtle Bay.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that pushed into Kurita space alone.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that surrounded Luthien.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that eliminated the remaining pockets of FRR resistance.

It was Clan Smoke Jaguar that defends their worlds against Kurita pushses.

It is Clan Smoke Jaguar that currently holds the most captured worlds.

It is Clan Smoke Jaguar that is now closest to Terra.

All these things Clan Smoke Jaguar did alone.

It will be Clan Smoke Jaguar that claims Terra. You will get your lane with Davion.

And congratulations on reaching the level of Khan, but why stop there? Let us reach Terra and place you at level 21, the ilKhan.

The deeds of Clan Smoke Jaguar are long and distinguished...

...but the rolls of Clan Ghost Bear are as deep and as honorable as ANY in Clan Space.

I would have my Ghost Bear Trothkin, join Clan Smoke Jaguar as well as work with (rather than counter) Clan Wolf and finally join with a reinvigorated Clan Jade Falcon to bring irresistible pressure on the Inner Sphere.

ALL Clans dropping in Clan Common Defense (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4114431) as needed to ensure ALL Clans push on to Terra...

...followed by four Clan Daggerstars toward ALL remaining Inner Sphere House Capital worlds.

THIS would be the truly Great Path to MWO Gaming Imortality... Quineg?

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 February 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#19 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 February 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

You have done very well, but you still had some mercs and stomped trough a LOT of undefended Kurita space.. ;)

Working ALONGSIDE our Mercenary Corps Unit Allies is a core competency and unarguable strength of modern-day Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Gamers-handicapped-by-Lore will ALWAY fail to think for themselves and are doomed to repeat the mistakes of Lore.

And as to honoring my Opponents-of-the-Moment in DCMS Comp Units, I would take them as Allies in the fight toward New Avalon ANY DAY.

just ask yourself... who are the true Enemies to the Clan (Beta) effort to liberate Terra and rid the Inner Sphere of Davion Hegemony?

Clan Lore-purists?

Historical Enemy's of House Davion?

Let us all join in this GREATER CRUSADE, down with New Avalon and all it represents.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 February 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 02 February 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

just ask yourself... who are the true Enemies to the Clan (Beta) effort to liberate Terra

If you mean an united effort.. Those who are not willing to coperate but only sow discord, quiaff? -_-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users