#1 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

It would be great if I could vote for a map, then choose my mech, and then choose a loadout for the mech.

I could have a short range loadout on a mech suitable for a smaller map or choose to be a missile mech, etc.

I am sure a billion people have suggested this but the most recent one I saw when I searched was from 2013.

I am tired of loading up on Alpine Peaks in a short range mech and dying because my weapons are ineffective. No clan or government is going to waste mechs by sending the pilots in so unprepared.

#2 Grimolfr

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTerran Republic

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:19 AM

The queue times would be astounding...possibly even worse than CW was before the last patch.

#3 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

View PostDarthriordan, on 12 February 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

I am tired of loading up on Alpine Peaks in a short range mech and dying because my weapons are ineffective. No clan or government is going to waste mechs by sending the pilots in so unprepared.

Please invade Planet A. You can bring one mech per Pilot. The planet contains, jungle, wide open plains, several cities, various oceans and coastlines, a few mountains (some are active volvanoes), the planet is slightly tilted on its rotation axis, so there are cold winter and hot summer regions.

No, we have no idea where you might fight the opposing forces. You have two weeks of flight time ahead of you, one of them in plain sight for the opponent. They have all the time they need to choose a battlefield, where you can engage them.

Destroy all opposing forces, to make sure the terrain is firmly in our grasp.

That is all, you are dismissed!

This short story above is the reality of the battletech universe and the day to day hardships all mechwarriors and their commanders have to deal with. There are no super rich, multiple mech regiments owning single pilots, with a vast staff of mechanics and industrial capacity to rebuild those mechs to their needs. Just because you have all those toys in MWO, doesn't mean we should throw the last bit of what is making up the battletech universe and the feeling of being a mechwarrior out of the window. A Mechwarrior fights with what he has available, not with the best suited equipment. Mechs are rare.

You can not compare invading or raiding a whole planet with todays warfare.

Edited by Egomane, 13 February 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#4 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:46 PM

Take a balanced mech. It drives me to distraction seeing an atlas on the field with an ac20. Srm6 and pulse lasers... 2 games ive seen them not get a shot off before being slaughtered. Take at least 1 medium to long range wep so you have coverage. I have zero sympathy for srm splat cats caught on alpine for example

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users