134 replies to this topic

#61 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostCatamount, on 16 February 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

That's a pittance compared to what I've been seeing arrayed against the FRR, and CGB is a stone's throw from gaining attack corridors on you. You seem confident that you can hold back the Clans alone. I do hope you're right, makes my life easier.

We Hear Of Young Marik's Illness. We Will Erect Monument Once He Is Dead, Immortalizing Free World League's Pitiful Attempt To Save Ailing Boy's Life. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

#62 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostCatamount, on 16 February 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

No, you beat up on Davion precisely because you can't take on CSJ. It's a fall back that still leaves you semi-permanently with somebody to beat up. This, combined with newfound organization puts you in better shape than you've ever been in before.

That's an entirely different situation from Davion. Their morale tanked when their situation deteriorated. Your situation has only continuously gotten better. I'd say that makes things pretty distinctly different.

I'm not sure I understand. Why would Davion have forces arrayed against us? The only thing we have to do with Davion is that both factions happen to have a cooperative defensive focus. So it's the Clans Davion is on, specifically in FRR space, not disputes on our border, which we don't really have, because there's a truce between us.

Are you telling me that when things got tough Davion gave up and we didn't? Because it sort of sounds like that, please correct me if I am mistaken.

As for the Davion question, I just want an idea of how many 12-mans they have to spread around vs how many they have fighting us. They have a thread up in their own faction subforum asking if anyone's even fighting but I don't see PGI buffing their contract payouts, do they just have a huge number of players but with few of them playing CW?

#63 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Its pronounced "De Klanair" and we use it to freshen up our cockpits (phrasing).. can not you inner sphere suratts get this correct?

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 16 February 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

We Hear Of Young Marik's Illness. We Will Erect Monument Once He Is Dead, Immortalizing Free World League's Pitiful Attempt To Save Ailing Boy's Life. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Erect? Phrasing!!

#64 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:34 PM

The problem happens when a bunch of core people leave. Maybe they get married or have a kid or get a new job. Maybe it's drama with other people in their unit or faction. Maybe it's boredom or a new game.

It makes a hole in the faction fabric. People play to play with certain people and when they don't show interest wanes.

I don't think a direct comparison between Davion and Kurita applies though.

#65 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostCatamount, on 16 February 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

I'm not sure I understand. Why would Davion have forces arrayed against us? The only thing we have to do with Davion is that both factions happen to have a cooperative defensive focus. So it's the Clans Davion is on, specifically in FRR space, not disputes on our border, which we don't really have, because there's a truce between us.

Free Worlds League takes Procyon from The Federated Suns!
Free Worlds League takes Sirius from The Federated Suns!
Free Worlds League takes Ulan Bator from The Federated Suns!
Free Worlds League takes Hall from The Federated Suns!
Free Worlds League takes Carver V from The Federated Suns!
Free Worlds League takes Berenson from The Federated Suns!

That's just the last week... is there an agreement that Marik can take all the Davion worlds in the "pocket" or something?

#66 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

No, Marik is just really really nice so we go "well.... Okay. Go ahead. Why yes, I'd love a beer!"

On population;

Hard to say how many pugs on the clan border. For 12mans of a single unit that happens very rarely. Even when we build a drop on Davion ts its normally 6-10 and wait for pugs.

Typical population around na cf is 24-60 depending on day of the week. After na cf it is rare to get 12 total players.

#67 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 13 February 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Good Citizenry and Honored Warriors of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery,

Consider for a moment the Lie of a "Marik" Star league... http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4192852

As you will note I have already annotated references, assessments and recommendations.

It is this last, a recommendation, that I bring directly to you here and now..

Clan Smoke Jaguar did NOT return to the Inner Sphere to WAGE WAR on the Coordinator's people.

The Clans returned to the Inner Sphere to put down the imminent Reforging of the Star League: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4169910

We Clans FAILED in our OPN REVIVAL http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_Invasion for the Marik sow has indeed birth forth an ABOMINATION of a Star League before we could safeguard the people of the Inner Sphere from it... For THAT is the stated and true intent of the Clan's Operation REVIVAL.

Notable Clan Smoke Jaguar Elders have ALWAYS held the Warriors of House Kurita in high esteem, indeed it is why when Clan Smoke Jaguar won the right to select ANY Invasion Corridor, that my Clan chose an axis of advance that was wholly within House Kurita borders.

Even on Strana Mechty, the stories of DCMS Deeds, Bushido's superior Moral Code and the Dragon's famed vitality and strength hold powerful sway.

I call upon the Heart and Soul of the Dragon now...

...in this time of new found COMMON CAUSE, let the Dragon and the Jaguar BOTH come to grips with #ManiacalMarik.

In much the same way as a Clan must contend with an errant and winding PGI logarithm in order to push toward Terra, "I" (perhaps alone) now view House Kurita and the NECESSARY EVIL of having to work and wind our CSJ-way through YOUR planets in order to COME TO GRIPS WITH OUR TRUE ENEMY, the Marik-Star League.

It will take time for the realization that our COMMON and GREATEST FOE IS NOT ONE ANOTHER, but is the Marik Star League ...nay... the burgeoning Marik Hegemony.

I would see (and make Forum-advocacy for) a CSJ LOYALIST petition to PGI to unilaterally repatriate Arkab, Alshain, Wolcott and Turtle Bay as DUE COMPENSATION for the worlds the PGI algorithm will place in Clan Smoke Jaguar's unfortunately-chosen path, prior to FINALLY opening a Smoke Jaguar Invasion Corridor into the Marik "Pocket" and finally House Davion Space.

Please understand that Terra has only EVER been one stop on Clan Smoke Jaguar's path to New Avalon, another true seat of a potential bastardized reinterpretation of a Star League.

Given Hans/Victor Davion's actions and demonstrated intentions [as well as the ever-closer Davion ties with House Steiner, watch well what might just soon be a Common-Federation (COMFED)] it is only RIGHT and PROPER that CSJ sweep though Davion Space right to the seat of Federated Suns power on Mew Avalon and clear out this second nest of world-be-Hegemons.

It has been and will be an Honorable and Courageous test of Martial Prowess our two peoples. Regardless of future decisions by PGI (with regard to planet repatriation) or subsequent decisions by our respective Unit Leaders...

....as the single most accomplished and recognized Smoke Jaguar gamer (https://twitter.com/...355710118207490) I extend to you my deepest appreciation for your willingness to daily share in a game we all enjoy so very much. If we two groups of gamers come to share a common Axis of Advance on House Marik, I will look to best coordinate and sequence attacks with whatever elements of the DCMS High Command that may find this advantageous. I will also add a portion to our forum's "pinned" CSJ OPORD AND FRAGO (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4181502) in order to better deconflict and synergies game effects pursuant to the earliest possible liberation of Terrra AND THUS end to the nightmare of a Marik Star League.

Good Luck and Good Gaming,

Meet you on the high (New Avalon) ground,

May your true-Enemy's will fail them, long before your Dragon's last A/C5 round slams home in its breech or soon!

You are most honorable with this presentation of an agreement. I do not speak for the military spirit that guides our actions, but am merely a warrior who serves. I have seen your prowess jaguar. I know that your pilots deserve much more esteem than the haphazard responses by some of our pundits. The heart of the dragon seeks glory on the battlefield. If glory is to be found along side a clanner, that is still to be debated. Any cooperation we condone, will only further our grasp on the inner sphere and feed our coffers. I hope to see you on the battlefield, be it beside me..or dead at my feet.

#68 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Not sure, but I think CSJ is asking for your help in fighting off CGB so that CSJ can consume the DCMS at it's leisure without competition from another clan.
But that is just a guess from reading between the lines.

You really should take advantage of the FRR pushing against CSJ and CGB by also pushing them and not the weak davion braggerts you sully your honor by fighting.

The Dragons need to feast on the flesh of predators, not the flesh of sheep, to grow stronger.

Posted Image

#69 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:30 AM

We fight them both, brother. We are equal-opportunity flesh-feasters. The Davion front is just more noticeable because it only goes one way.

Edited by LoklanZFG, 17 February 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#70 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

Koshirou, the Davion planets you speak of were taken as part of the soft cease fire with no more then 2 companies. We do the same against Steiner but they have been better able to defend against us. We then spend our last 2 hours or so defending the FRR.

I have a question for you as well though. Why is it last night you lost by 100%, and by 86% against both SJ, GB if you were fighting them? You did not have an attack option on the Marik Island, so you spent your whole time on Davions.

I know you claim to fight the clans but other then taking Yardley this morning, I see no combat on the clan front. Now that you only border 1 clan will you continue the gains you made this morning? Or ill you return your focus only on other IS factions?

#71 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 17 February 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

I know you claim to fight the clans but other then taking Yardley this morning, I see no combat on the clan front. Now that you only border 1 clan will you continue the gains you made this morning? Or ill you return your focus only on other IS factions?

So now the argument isn't that Kurita doesn't fight clans, just that we don't jump high enough for you on a Monday night?

#72 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

Ignorant Marik Clanner: "I'm Really Dumb, Why Did House Kurita Only Take One Planet Back From Clan Smoke Jaguar Last Ceasefire?"

Dear Coordinator Has Consistently Expressed Amazement, To Us, His Most Loyal Warriors, About The Ignorance Of Foreign Clanner Dogs In Regards To The Realities Of Warfare In The Inner Sphere. But He Thinks It Makes Sense, In A Way, For Davion And Marik Clanner Dogs To Not Know How War Works, So Far From The Front Lines And Any Actual Danger. Ha Ha Ha.

#73 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

View PostNoaceik, on 17 February 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

Koshirou, the Davion planets you speak of were taken as part of the soft cease fire with no more then 2 companies. We do the same against Steiner but they have been better able to defend against us. We then spend our last 2 hours or so defending the FRR.

I have a question for you as well though. Why is it last night you lost by 100%, and by 86% against both SJ, GB if you were fighting them? You did not have an attack option on the Marik Island, so you spent your whole time on Davions.

But you saw the SEA timezone, right?

SEA - 14:00UTC - 02/17/3050
Draconis Combine takes Avawatz from The Federated Suns!
Draconis Combine takes Yardley from Clan Smoke Jaguar!

source: https://www.reddit.c..._battle_report/

So the NA timezone not gain a planet on a monday. Its okay i think they have a life, too!

#74 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

Yes, Paxmortis I saw, and did mention it. Iam also honestly happy about it. My issue is that the only combat I saw take place in Kurita last night was against Davion.

For example I see Steiner pussing back at Jade falcon everynight, I see them get close to taking a JF world. Then I look at Kurita and I see complete abandon of there clan border. I understand letting the GB take the last border world you had with them. That could be an effective strategy so to better focus on other enemies.

Now that you only have 2 hostile borders will you still focus one and abandon the other or will you hit them both. If you continue the push against SJ that you made this morning, and really hit them like what we see on Steiner/ jade falcon border then the rest of us IS factions would not be able to say much. It would go a long way to heal our relations.

#75 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:21 AM

It would also go a long way towards healing relations if the rest of the IS didn't presume that they're our boss. You don't see the NKVA flooding the Marik forums with a bunch of passive agressive questions about why you aren't eating through steiner faster to open a Jade Falcon front, do you?

#76 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostNoaceik, on 17 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Yes, Paxmortis I saw, and did mention it. Iam also honestly happy about it. My issue is that the only combat I saw take place in Kurita last night was against Davion.

For example I see Steiner pussing back at Jade falcon everynight, I see them get close to taking a JF world. Then I look at Kurita and I see complete abandon of there clan border. I understand letting the GB take the last border world you had with them. That could be an effective strategy so to better focus on other enemies.

Now that you only have 2 hostile borders will you still focus one and abandon the other or will you hit them both. If you continue the push against SJ that you made this morning, and really hit them like what we see on Steiner/ jade falcon border then the rest of us IS factions would not be able to say much. It would go a long way to heal our relations.

Thank you for your strategic input. Do you issue such assessments to your allies in the Steiners and FRR as well or are we the only faction you deem deserving of such a rigorous evaluation? I can hardly belive the foolishness we must have exhibited by wasting our manpower letting the NKVA light rush davion pubs to get their planet to 80% attacker wins three hours before ceasefire while only directing 2-3 of our 12-mans to push on Yardley at the same time. The fact that said world (I believe it was Johnsondale) stayed at 80% wins for those three hours is clearly immaterial. It must be obvious that the last hour before ceasefire is not the proper time to be making mad scrambles to secure an enemy world or push them back from our own planets, no, the battles are clearly decided long before then. Or have I misunderstod your intent?

#77 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:41 PM

*delivers a flash drive to the marik consulate. the package is stamped with the royal seal of kurita*

Edited by An Anime Princess, 17 February 2015 - 02:44 PM.

#78 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:56 PM

I was going to give you a reasoned response and then I remembered House Kurita does not owe you any explanation.

#79 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

View Postpaxmortis, on 17 February 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

But you saw the SEA timezone, right?

SEA - 14:00UTC - 02/17/3050
Draconis Combine takes Avawatz from The Federated Suns!
Draconis Combine takes Yardley from Clan Smoke Jaguar!

source: https://www.reddit.c..._battle_report/

So the NA timezone not gain a planet on a monday. Its okay i think they have a life, too!

NS was holding a unit practice / build session for its new recruits. We debated heavily whether or not to do this. We are crazy active in CW but reality took hold and we came to the conclusion we needed to put time into the unit to become more effective going forward.

However we absolutely love seeing around the clock Kurita action! Great job on snagging the planets. :)

#80 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

Thats totally okay Crockdaddy. It should not be an attack or something like that.

But thanks for the information and clarification.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users