38 replies to this topic

#1 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:57 PM

Why is it... Some solo players (not on comms) are out scoring (kills) members of teams that are on Comms..??

Been happening for 2 days now.

Am I going to have to get on comms and straighten this out..??

I just don't get it.

#2 Rilenn

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Some people have been saying its the recent patch...packet losses and stuff. Some weird stuff has been going on.

#3 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

Are you on a TS right now..??

I would love to discuss things.

One of them being this... Letting the Solo Players know what's going on and where you want them during a match, calling out positions before the fight starts and keeping the solosup to date on what they need to be doing.

Several matches today I saw solos/pugs just at a loss as what to do.
During times between waves very little to NO communication with them was happening.

Hell during post match I got into a pissing match with a CWDG lance that I out scored when someone was tring to bash my loadout.

Matter of fact it happen more them twice today, and I did get screens on that, so I could make quite clear the NEED to communicate with the solos/pugs on the team.

I was SOLO the whole time today, and "I" had to make the effort so that there was even SOME communication during the match.

It has NOTHING to do with ping, and EVERYTHING to do with lack of communication ingame.

#4 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:13 PM

I always experience a significant performance decrease when I run TS and MWO. It's a huge pain, since it leaves me less effective every time I drop with my unit in CW or group.

Only game that does it to me, but didn't realize this was a more common problem.

#5 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

No, i'm talking about LACK of communication with solos by TEAMS that are on Comms resulting in the TEAM getting outscored by a lone solo/pug, and watching the other solos FLOUNDER for lack of communication.

Nothing to do with pings.

Edited by Odins Fist, 14 February 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#6 Rilenn

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

I was in that match you are talking about being called out. It was NOT CWDG that bashed your loadout. It WAS me that said I wanted to see your dmg after match...since you were telling the other team that it was a GG----You could not carry the team. There was only 3 CWDG members on that match, and while we were on TS, it was a typical PUG match. I even told my teammates....lets see if he can back up his words.

You posted respectable dmg...I salute you.

We are always on the Wolf Hub. Feel free to join.

Edited by Rilenn, 14 February 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#7 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

Respectable damage and most kills. FTFY
SOLO

EDIT: that has happened more then a few times today.

DOUBLE EDIT: Solos shouldn't be doing that when 4 or more people on the team are on Comms.

Edited by Odins Fist, 14 February 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#8 Rilenn

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Point is.....weird things have been going on since the patch :(

#9 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:57 PM

You are welcome to come join us on the Wolf Hub, whether it is for CW, pub drops, or shenanigans...

#10 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

It's ceasefire time.. I got C.W.I info for TS they're gone now, I will jump into CWDG for a minute if everyone hasn't left for the night.

#11 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

still here

#12 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 February 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

It's ceasefire time.. I got C.W.I info for TS they're gone now, I will jump into CWDG for a minute if everyone hasn't left for the night.

We are still online Odins Fist.

#13 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why is it... Some solo players (not on comms) are out scoring (kills) members of teams that are on Comms..??

I just don't get it.

maybe not all pugs suck and also can co ordinate with the team without comms?

#14 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

Some pugs are good. :)

#15 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:04 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

I just don't get it.

teamplay does not imply getting more kills, actually coordinated teams often "share" more kills than soloplayers who focus on killing, because on comms focused fire makes kill distribution more random.

also palyerskill, comms help coordination but will not give you a magical uberskill.

#16 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:32 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 15 February 2015 - 01:04 AM, said:

teamplay does not imply getting more kills, actually coordinated teams often "share" more kills than soloplayers who focus on killing, because on comms focused fire makes kill distribution more random.

also palyerskill, comms help coordination but will not give you a magical uberskill.

COMMS = Advantage
Anyone that doesn't think so is wrong.

How much (advantage) is up for debate, because not every pilot is ABLE to benefit from Comms, BUT that is the pilot in question's problem and NOT the norm.

An exception to a rule does NOT disprove it.

Communication is BETTER then NON communication.
END OF STORY.

Thanks for playing.

Edited by Odins Fist, 15 February 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#17 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:54 AM

I get more damage down range while I am soloing in CW most times. I watch what the others are doing and if I think what they are doing is gonna get me killed for no reason, well I just won't do that. When you are in a group you follow the drop callers orders, even if it gets you killed. In a group the damage is usually spread out amongst the group members.

Edited by Ripper X, 15 February 2015 - 03:55 AM.

#18 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

Okay so what I really read from OP's post is, "OMG I got the highest damage and kills in a CW match why am I better than everyone else who ever played this game? Everybody pay attention to me blah blah blah"

Just because people are on comms doesn't make them the best players in the world. Comms may be a force multiplier, but a bad player is still a bad player, a mediocre player is still mediocre, and a good player is still good.

Another point to make is that CW is primarily an objective based game. I've seen players on a normal attack not ever bothering to push the gens and omega, instead opting to just get kills and damage, and then suddenly crying how poor everyone else on their team is when they are the ones who won't help push and always prioritize 'mechs over gens/omega.

#19 Jager Wolf

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

I see this happen frequently when an incomplete group is dropping with some pugs. Often the group will be working together to accomplish an objective which may not necessarily include inflicting as much damage as possible to enemy mechs. The pugs on the other hand do attempt to inflict as much damage as possible sometimes the detriment of the overall success of the match.

I've seen this many times.

#20 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostXSurusX, on 15 February 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Okay so what I really read from OP's post is, "OMG I got the highest damage and kills in a CW match why am I better than everyone else who ever played this game? Everybody pay attention to me blah blah blah"

First.....
NVM, I was gonna tell you to shut your "F"ing mouth, but i'm not gonna, it's not worth my time to tell you to shut your "F"ing mouth.

Secondly I wouldn't be saying anything if I hadn't seen what I was talking about in terms of lack of communcation for the last few days to the extent that I have seen it going on.

It looked like a trend of going "backward" in terms of communicating with solos/pugs.
Just seemed like things were going the wrong way.

Last night I dropped with the CWDG guys very late, we had some fun, I didn't pull any extraordinary numbers and when we dropped we did very well "AS A TEAM". I was pretty drunk, but even I realized that with teamwork "EVERYTHING" is better.

I would gladly give up doing 2400 damamge and getting 10 or 11 kills if it meant the "TEAM" I was on would actually "WIN" the match.

So lets all go forward instead of backward, communicate with the pugs/solos on your team, if THEY get on board with the Team then great... If they don't, then their loss.

EDIT: This isn't directed at any "ONE" group, it's something I have seen become a trend, perhaps it's just the matches I have been in, but it was clear that in a lot of drops there was almost no communication.

Edited by Odins Fist, 15 February 2015 - 01:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users