#41 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostTarogato, on 19 February 2015 - 11:15 AM, said:

I've been dealing with this for a long time because I use the 'F' function a lot. The workaround is to briefly tap left or right (A or D) when your legs are where you want them to stop, because this will cancel the centering at the moment you disturb it. Of course, you could also just steer your mech manually instead of using the F function. =P

Ya, I've been using that, or just twist the torso back for a sec to stop the F function. :)

But it would still be nice to have the legs center on the direction I was pointing at instead of chasing the torso until they catch up. Plus...it may be the fix to all the odd issues with it.

#42 b1ue

• Pip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

My mech feels like the steering wheel was replaced with a big rig wheel instead of the lil sportscar wheel it used to have...

mesa not happi

#43 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I love the responsiveness of the torso twist and have no complaints at all. Hopefully it is kept the way it is.

#44 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

We had one guy running a griffin in our company practice last night. His upper torso was facing completely backwards...meaning he had to drive in reverse to go forward, and this was after the patch.

#45 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

I have the same issue now with my Hunchy... when hitting "F" my Torso turns by 180°...
Hell, no fun at all... I´m so used to use F when steering

Edited by JohnyBlack, 19 February 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#46 Karkomak

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:24 PM

Did the patch go live ? MY Hunchbacks and Griffins still spin when hitting the F Key.

#47 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

I'm still having problems twisting, anyone else?

Works ok with arm lock off, but with it on when i twist it turns way farther than i wanted.

#48 H00L1GAN

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:53 PM

after today's patch. I still have this F button problem with my crows. I played a(terrible) match with my stock HBR and it wa fine this time, but my crows are unplayable. for me. right now.

#49 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:51 PM

View PostH00L1GAN, on 20 February 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

after today's patch. I still have this F button problem with my crows. I played a(terrible) match with my stock HBR and it wa fine this time, but my crows are unplayable. for me. right now.

Same here, but it is just my KTO 20. Weird.

#50 H00L1GAN

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

to further update and clarify (it gets weirder) it's ONLY my PRIME variant.
only my SCR prime. my c and d are fine.

I guess the gaming gods are frowning on laser vomit.

#51 Ramageddon

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOz

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

So far F button seem resolved, however now every time i finish a match and go to public group window i am not in the group and have to go out and back in to see me in the group again. Not sure how this was broken with the hot fix, and it's not that big a deal but thought it should be mentioned...

#52 Nam Neckcrit

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

Now after the hotfix this bug popped up for me lol... ?!
Only after I turn arm lock on, it disappears. :(

Edited by Nam Neckcrit, 20 February 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#53 VodkaSix

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:05 PM

This "hotfix" broke my game. It was perfectly fine before today's fix

1. UI is now messed up, I can only see my name even when grouped up. (The window where you ready up.)
2. My ping went up by 20. Last year around september my ping was around 120. since then after every patch it goes up.
(yesterday it was around 240-250. Today is around 270)
3. Hit Reg went out the window. Today i shot lasers at someone standing 20m in front of me. they went straight thru without causing damage. (wasnt even a light mech, but a heavy that wasnt even moving. second shot did hit though.)
4. CTDs are more common, actually had a few matches where i desynced twice.
5. And the best part : after crashing a bunch of times i can no longer log in. i get the network error message. And the server status light is now red in the launcher.

Repair tool has found no errors after running it twice. This happened to me about 2 or 3 patches ago. I only solved it by deleting the game and downloading it completely (my internet is not great but good enough to play and would take around 5-6 hours to do a complete download). Im getting sick of having to fix or find workarounds whenever one of the patches break everything. submitting tickets takes days to get a response and has not helped in finding a solution. Apologies for sounding like a douche but its just that its very frustrating. If anyone has had similar problems pls let me know. Thank you.

-K

EDIT : after persistently trying for about an hour, i was able to log in again but the rest of the problems are still there.

EDIT : My ping in now over 300 for no apparent reason. Theres people on the other side of the planet that have less ping !! At first i was thinking my ISP, BUT this is the only game in which my ping has gone up ! WTF PGI ?? im getting close to giving up this game and telling people to stay away from it.

Edited by Khaoslord, 26 February 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#54 Handrew

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 19 February 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

Was about to write exactly this

Can confirm this also. All is true.

I too can confirm the hunchie's affliction. Quite frustrating with the current challenge, seeing that I always go to the hunch in a crunch!

#55 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:23 AM

Lots of people including myself are getting that issue where you have to go in and out of that public group window before it works properly. Sometimes it works after 2 or 3 seconds, but not usually. Not a huge deal, but it is broken.

I have also noticed a laser hit-reg issue. Although I'm pretty sure it's helped me in the Panthers a few times.

Not sure if this is patch related or not, but when I do an LRM 90 alpha I'm pretty sure that a lot of the hits are not registering. At least some of the time. I've nailed guys within line of sight and you can see the missiles hit, but they just go from green to yellow armor in a few spots. Sometimes it seems to work better, but it's not worth wasting the ammo and heat. Staggering my fire gets better results, so I've been using it like a garden hose of LRMs.

My ping still seems normal-ish. But from time to time I have been noticing some shuddery lagginess every once in a while. Arties and lots of explosions from missiles close in front of me seem to cause it more than anything else. Never had this issue before. And as mentioned before, getting too close to anyone seems to be causing more lag than usual.
(I disabled VOIP...for now.)

Oh, and I still have that bug where some or all of my mechs in the bay say they are invalid sometimes.

All of this seems to be related to de-syncing/lag of some type.

#56 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostRamageddon, on 20 February 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

So far F button seem resolved, however now every time i finish a match and go to public group window i am not in the group and have to go out and back in to see me in the group again. Not sure how this was broken with the hot fix, and it's not that big a deal but thought it should be mentioned...

Well, my F button is fixed SOMETIMES. It doesn't make any sense.

View PostKhaoslord, on 20 February 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

This "hotfix" broke my game. It was perfectly fine before today's fix

1. UI is now messed up, I can only see my name even when grouped up. (The window where you ready up.)
2. My ping went up by 20. Last year around september my ping was around 120. since then after every patch it goes up.
(yesterday it was around 240-250. Today is around 270)
3. Hit Reg went out the window. Today i shot lasers at someone standing 20m in front of me. they went straight thru without causing damage. (wasnt even a light mech, but a heavy that wasnt even moving. second shot did hit though.)
4. CTDs are more common, actually had a few matches where i desynced twice.
5. And the best part : after crashing a bunch of times i can no longer log in. i get the network error message. And the server status light is now red in the launcher.

Repair tool has found no errors after running it twice. This happened to me about 2 or 3 patches ago. I only solved it by deleting the game and downloading it completely (my internet is not great but good enough to play and would take around 5-6 hours to do a complete download). Im getting sick of having to fix or find workarounds whenever one of the patches break everything. submitting tickets takes days to get a response and has not helped in finding a solution. Apologies for sounding like a douche but its just that its very frustrating. If anyone has had similar problems pls let me know. Thank you.

-K

EDIT : after persistently trying for about an hour, i was able to log in again but the rest of the problems are still there.

And this too...

Cheers PGI! :P

Seriously though, can we please have this fixed. It's all gone to hell since last patch. Maybe the Urbie should just have 359^ twist?

#57 H00L1GAN

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

[color="#959595"]Note that the patch also reset me to 64bit.[/color]
[color=#959595]I get more CTDs on connecting / exiting, but less in match?[/color]

[color=#959595]also, I had to strip my PRIME crow and move my vomit to a D chassis because my prime is bugged with F key still.[/color]

#58 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Bug occurs on Hunchback and sometimes on the Stromcrow

#59 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

This is one of the reasons I would go nuts in software engineering. I can tell you I'm not having any problems since the patch. So why are some people still having issues? There must be so many external factors such as hardware (or even failing hardware) or other installed software that you have to account for.

Or just player insanity :lol:

#60 Violation

• PipPip
  • The Roughneck
  • The Roughneck
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

My Hunchback is still affected by F key issue <_<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users