#21 Neutron IX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:17 PM

View PostShadowStealer, on 19 February 2015 - 09:41 AM, said:

I run a mixed build on it and tend to have more reliable matches with it.

1xUAC/5
1xLPL
3xMG's

running the stock 250XL engine, endo-steel, and double heat sinks (not that it needs it, i just run double heat sinks on everything).

You still get your dakka spam, you have a good back up weapon with the LPL, then you can eat up the crits with the 3 MG's after the damage you have inflicted.

Nice, that's basically the exact build I've been using, but with BAP (though I can also imagine using AMS + 1 ton of ammo in place of the BAP). Just had a 3 kill, 4 assist 500+ damage game in it and it isn't even remotely done with basics yet.

I find you really have to be patient and play your cards right, since if you try to tank anything with it, you just aren't up to snuff.

Partner up with an Assault or two, who can soak damage for you while you keep the ankle-biters off of them, and it's a beautiful thing.

ENF-5P

*Edited to add Smurfy link.

Edited by Rip Snorgan, 19 February 2015 - 10:27 PM.

#22 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:58 AM

I've just been running mine with an XL enigne and ES to make room for more UAC ammo. So far it's worked out pretty well. I've got enough armour to tank a few hits and the two UAC's deal out plenty of damage even with the occasional jam. Today I went one on one with a Shadowhawk and cored him pretty quickly. The only current issue I have is that my 5P is quite slow at the moment (64kph). Once I've got it fully skilled up I'll see if I need to drop a ton of armour or ammo to increase its speed any futher.

#23 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

I guess I'm boring.

Basic 2x UAC5 build.

It worked well so I just left it as is. Wish I could fit a backup laser. Once I hit Speed Tweak I'll drop to an XL235 and throw on a ML. I just can't stand being in a medium that's slower than 80kph, it feels like a death trap when you don't have an AC20.

Edited by Kevjack, 20 February 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#24 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

So I am unsure about the dual UAC. I have run it before on a Jager-DD, seemed OK but the 2UAC Jager came across more as a sniper than anything.
Despite tonnage difference, I compare it to the 5P I am using and wonder about their quirks.

The 5P gets
- better Laser duration.
- Ballistic & UAC Velocity buff.
- Ballistic & UAC Heat buff? Why? Dual UAC was never a big heat spiker, less worries also due to lower ammo carrying than a DD.
- better Ballistic & UAC Cooldown buff.

The Jager-DD gets a Range buff but is worse in every way else quirk wise.

Despite having better quirks, the 5P cannot carry the same ammo, has half the lasers, is not as tough, loses more tonnage with 2UAC and just feels strange especially the 2JJ.

Thought I would toss this comparison out there for feedback.

View PostDawnstealer, on 19 February 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

The loading of one side is a good idea, but this mech's quirks are aimed at the UAC5. If you go with regular AC5s, you're missing out on those bonuses.

Edit: and the Wolverine runs that build better, with five more tons, and the quirks to back it up.

Thing is the 2UAC build is tough to run. I have thought of changing to a build like the 4R, the paired AC10 & LL work well together or use 1 UAC with ERLL. 2UACs take up so much weight here. Strangely the 5P quirks make me scratch my head over the Jager-DD.

#25 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

I run it as a left corner peeking Jump sniper, works like a charm. Plays like a mini Dragon Slayer.

#26 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:35 PM

Of the enforcers, the 5P has the best KDR for me so far. It secures kills like a BOSS. The stock build is just fine. Add Endo, drop the 2 extra heatsinks, bump the SL to Med. MORE AMMO. Keep the jumpjets. Quick, easy, and works a treat.

That's probably why people don't like it. For once it's a stock mech that's 90% of the way there.

#27 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostCabusha, on 21 February 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Of the enforcers, the 5P has the best KDR for me so far. It secures kills like a BOSS. The stock build is just fine. Add Endo, drop the 2 extra heatsinks, bump the SL to Med. MORE AMMO. Keep the jumpjets. Quick, easy, and works a treat.

That's probably why people don't like it. For once it's a stock mech that's 90% of the way there.

But like zero ammo ... what is that ... 3.5 tons?

#28 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:53 PM

View PostMacksheen, on 21 February 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

But like zero ammo ... what is that ... 3.5 tons?

No, 6 tons ammo, which is plenty for 2xUAC5. It literally builds itself. ENF-5P UAC5 ML

#29 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

Ah, you've stripped some armor. Yeah I don't tend to do that so heavily.

#30 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

You can do 6 tons of ammo with full armor...endo steel and decent size engine. Build it.

#31 MadLibrarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 334 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Essay

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:29 PM

Guass+ppc is possible, if that's your style. Flavor yours with more JJs/ammo and even less speed if you prefer. :P

#32 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:33 PM

View PostMechLord71, on 21 February 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

You can do 6 tons of ammo with full armor...endo steel and decent size engine. Build it.

Not with "keep all the Jump Jets and a medium laser"

#33 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

Yep, I dropped the JJ on mine, but it is worth it. Really do not jump and fire dual ultras anyway. I do have the backup medium laser and it has come in handy. Your comments seem to suggest you dislike this mech. That is fine, to each his own. It is not a terrible mech though imho.

#34 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:10 PM

Oh I do dislike it - compared to the other Enforcers. It's no QKD-IV4 though, so I don't thoroughly hate it.

#35 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostCabusha, on 21 February 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

that's pretty much what i did and works well enough.

#36 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

I build mine with 2xJJ's, XL 250, Endo+Ferro, 2xAC2 + 1xLPL(+5 1/2 ammo. you could take 1 1/2ts off for a bigger engine, wouldn't hurt that much I guess). So far it has a pretty consistent performance.. I had a ~800 points damage match before I finished the basics with it. First I thought "**** that 5P chassis", now I'm loving it. It's like my Cent-AH on crack(which I also run with 2xAC2).

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...47f2e5d48de9754

#37 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:18 PM

The build I have settled into.

ERLL & UAC combo in one weapon group using shorter range for firing, not that much shorter.
MGs for shredding.

Snipe early, move in later.
Never run outta ammo yet, never overheat.
Could modify to swap ERLL for ERPPC, probably STILL would not overheat. Would drop engine to 255XL, 1 MG and a ton MG ammo for it.
Fastest Enforcer yet.

#38 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

ENF-5P

6tons, 1 JJ and backup Laser. Secret is XL240... not really slower, you lose a true dub (0,6 cooling) but you don't need that anyway.

Maybe after speed tweak I go down to XL225 for another ton of ammo.

#39 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

I built mine with 2UAC5s and ML (have to have my non-ammo backup weapon). It was most effective when I stuck with the fatties, kind of creeping along behind them, and then poking out to just blast away at whatever target (Medium or larger) that came at them. Was really effective in that role.

When I would get off on my own, that's when I got in trouble. It can pour out the damage, but it can't take it, being seemingly more fragile than a Blackjack.

#40 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:25 PM

I think the main issue about 5P is.... boredom.
I cannot see more builds than 2uac5+ml or 2ac5+ml.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users