#41 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 26 February 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

I think the main issue about 5P is.... boredom.
I cannot see more builds than 2uac5+ml or 2ac5+ml.....

This. Although when you get a chance to zero in those UAC5s on a fat torso of an Assault and watch it melt? Pretty awesome.

#42 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 26 February 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

This. Although when you get a chance to zero in those UAC5s on a fat torso of an Assault and watch it melt? Pretty awesome.

Yes, it's fun to use a double dakka uac5, with cooldown module even more.
But sadly it's boring to design a viable loadout different than this.

#43 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

I managed to squeeze 2 machine guns and half ton ammo, just to fill up those 2 empty slots and to fight a boring build. ;) 2 UAC5,1 ML and 2 MG sound more menacing than just 2 UAC5 and 1 ML.

Edited by goatreich, 27 February 2015 - 02:36 AM.

#44 MechLord71

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

Does the UAC-5 cooldown module really make much of a difference? I have not tried one out yet.

#45 Airanthus

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:14 AM

Just did a 499DMG game with the 5P, just use THIS. Sit with the rest of the people, find a vantage point and let the dakka dakka do the rest

#46 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostMechLord71, on 27 February 2015 - 06:28 AM, said:

Does the UAC-5 cooldown module really make much of a difference? I have not tried one out yet.

Its a 12% bonus so in terms of numbers.

UAC5 CD is currently 1.66 seconds or a DPS of 3

20% CD quirk--------------------------------1.328 seconds-------3.765 DPS
5% fast fire (elited mech)------------------1.245 seconds-------4.01 DPS
12% CD module-----------------------------1.0458 seconds------4.78 DPS

So that 12% shaves off an extra 0.1992 seconds which is pretty huge and most definitely noticeable . Again considering numbers it's about a 0.78 DPS boost versus when you're not using the module.

Edited by PowerOfNapes, 27 February 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#47 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:58 AM

This was something I was debating, but the UAC5 is so effective, there's really not a reason to build it any other way:

ENF-5P

4MG, LPL (or ERPPC, depending on what you want to do)

#48 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:09 AM

I happen to like the ENF-5P, but I also like ballistics, even though I am not big into DAKKA. I have to say the dual UAC5's on this mech are quite fun to play. I actually like all of the ENF mechs, and this one is slowly becoming my favorite. I think because I play it so differently than the others, or maybe because it is a killing machine? Hard to say.

Here are a few rules I follow with this mech variant:
1. XL is a must: Mostly because once you lose your arms you are done. I also like the speed. In the 5P speed is huge so I can get behind the bigger enemies and eat them alive. Because my play style involves using speed I have had zero success with the AC2 DAKKA builds, but if you like that sort of thing definitely give it a go because I can see it working really well.
2. Conserve your ammo: I run out of ammo in almost every match. That includes times when I took in over 200 rounds. Up until then you are pretty deadly.
3. Always have a laser backup: Usually this is a ML for me, and you'd be surprised the amount of added damage I can do with just one ML. I will concede that it might not be as much as an extra ton of ammo, but having something you can use at an end of a match makes me feel much less useless.

Here are the builds I have used:
5P Build 1: This build gave me a little more ranged punch and a stronger laser. I have thought about dropping the MG's for more UAC5 ammo. I have experimented with LPL and ERPPC/PPC on this build too. At first I just drop the Machine guns, but then I figured, lets drop the Armor from 336 to 320 and put an XL280 engine in there. Not sure which I prefer.
I stopped running that build even though it worked very well in favor of the next build.
5P Build 2: I really had a lot of success with this build. The dual UAC5's just rocked mechs on the battlefield. Again my strategy was to play assault support and just obliterate mechs not paying attention to me. I thought about dropping the machine gun ammo to 1/2 ton to add more UAC5 ammo, but never did because I found that I was not using my machine guns as much as I hoped.
Because of that I tried a build without them.
5P Build 3: This build is great. I have also added in half ton more ammo by dropping the engine to an XL 255 (or gone back up to 320 armor).

All of these builds and the variations I mentioned played very well for me. However if you can't aim ballistics or don't enjoy them, this is definitely not the variant for you.

Hope that helps.

#49 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:28 AM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 27 February 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

2. Conserve your ammo: I run out of ammo in almost every match. That includes times when I took in over 200 rounds. Up until then you are pretty deadly.

This - you have to REALLY pick and choose where to unload and you can't waste shots plinking away at some enemy poking their head out. You want to be point-blank on a fatty and OPEN UP on them, making sure every shot hits.

#50 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

Switched over to this after getting enough for the 265XL.
ERPPC + UAC at all ranges with 3MG backup.
First 5P I had that overheats! Not as bad as other Mechs.
It kills good too.

#51 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 19 February 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

I'm struggling with it too. I've settled on this for now.

With only 1 energy hardpoint, it will be the red headed step-child of the 3 variants.

I did something similar. Ignore the UAC5 Quirks, use an AC5 on the same side as the ERPPC and add 3 machine guns. Ho ho ho.

Not great but better. None of there are going to outdo the centurion except in maybe JJs.

#52 Jownzee

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:38 AM

I slapped a Gauss, 3 MG and a large laser on mine and been doing better with it than the other 2. Surprised how fun it was.

#53 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

This mech I'd pretty terrible. I can't do squat with it and it is unfortunately pretty frustrating :(.

The Ultras are too frustrating to rely on as a primary weapon. It is pretty nice with quirks...when they work. I've had it with Ultras on this build.

I've looked through some builds in this thread and many are still Ultra related. I'm wondering if anyone has found a pretty decent non-Ultra build.

Right now I am running...
1 LBX10, 1 ERPPC, 3MGs. XL250. I'm running the LBX since I have a spare cool down module from my now stripped Centurion D.

I would like to get a bit more speed or maybe go to an A/C10. Still though, I wouldn't mind some other suggestions. Ultimately a good build in the 90kph range is the way to go. I just can't figure out how I want to do it.

P.S. quad A/C2 build is fun, but ammo restrictions are just too much.

#54 Roachbugg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c5df4aa31ee0703 i found this to be very effective usually nets 400-600 damage a match

#55 Ironwolf67

• PipPip
  • Sergeant-Major
  • Sergeant-Major
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFort Walton Beach, FL

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

I pretty much hated The 5P when I first started running it. In fact, I only started running it to level my 5D and 4R. Then a funny thing happened ... I started getting 450 - 600 damage and 2 - 3 kills per match. The rate of fire on this thing is ridiculous! I even solo killed an Atlas. Granted, there was a lot of peek-a-boo and it ran my ammo bins dry but it sold me! Currently running a stock build with endo, DHS, med laser, and extra ammo instead of jump jets.

#56 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

I run a gauss+er large laser in mine. XL 250 and 2 jumps. Does well.
Also ran an erppc at 1040m/s velocity and an AC10 (with 10% ballistic quirk) at 1050m/s velocity, that's 20pt pin point FLD.

Edited by kamiko kross, 18 March 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#57 rangergord

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

UAC5 + AC5 + ML. Everything goes on the left side so you can corner peek and drop the right arm armor. Between the quirks and the double tap you get a staggered fire setup after the first shot that gets a good amount of cockpit shake. It's always fun to see significantly larger mechs retreating.

#58 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

I'm about ---><--- this close to doing the rest of its skills with GXP; the only thing stopping me is that I'm already using my GXP to level an Atlas that I don't want to pay the DHS tax on. I can't think of a single config for it that wouldn't work better on another chassis- BJs, HBKs, and SHDs can all run dual AC5 or UAC5 in high mounts, with more supporting weapons- and the SHDs and HBKs have tankier hitboxes. Those can also run an AC20 if desired. Or more jets, for the SHDs and BJs. The 5P is just so... underwhelming. The quirks make the 5P dakka well, but quirks come and go- and they can't fix the bad hardpoint layout that requires you to expose your whole 'Mech to make good use of that refire boost.

If it had just one more energy hardpoint, or even a single high-mounted anything, it might have something to recommend it over another 'Mech. As is it's pretty much just a stepping stone to improving the 4R and 5D, and a challenge mode option for anyone who wants to keep it. :/

#59 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

5p is a great mid range poking mech. Stick with the UACs and play to the mechs quirks. Reduction in jam chance is GOLD.
Biggest problem is that as a pilot you will be tempted to stay on a target for dangerous amounts of time, given your relatively high rate of fire. You do not have the armor to really slug it out like a larger mech.

The mech is absolute blast on hot maps when you are playing against laser boats.

It is not a world beater super meta monster, however it is a completely viable mech with the right pilot behind it.

Edited by Boogie138, 03 February 2016 - 07:20 PM.

#60 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

View PostThunderchild, on 19 February 2015 - 01:23 AM, said:

I went with this... very decent, does not run out of ammo unlike 6 ton xl 255 version.

ENF-5P

With fast fire and UAC5 cooldown module rarely jams and unjaming is quite fast.

Exaclty what I play. It even gives 6DD run for it's money :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users