Chat Shortcuts + Debriefing

1 reply to this topic

#1 aGentleWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

Hi there,

some "obvious" features are missing which I use in other games like WoT. Very likely that was already proposed...

Chat Shortcuts, I dont use teamspeak, i do not wont to disturb family by talking while playin.
But sometimes you want to signal a flanking enemy which is invisible on map or sth alike.
Some obvious chat commands could be bound to some some keys:

Alarm/Help
(blinks also on map current position of the one which called, to draw attention to players position)

Attack/Push
(to encourage team advancing on map)

Regroup/Back to Formation
(to encourage team to Group back to Formation and concentrate fire)

Affirmative/ Pos

Negative / Neg

These could be also context sensitive, hovering reticle over mechs and hitting according keys:

on enemy targeted mech + appriopriate key = concentrate fire on that one
on team mate + appriopriate key = player x fall back
on team mate + appriopriate key = player x follow me
on enemy mech not targeted by computer + appriopriate key = enemy spotted at (coordinates)

And what also disturbs me, why do i have to wait to end of the battle to see after battle report.
When I#M back to garage and battle which I quitted is over, a popup could appear where I could choose to open the after battler report/debriefing.
I mean achievements generate popups, so that should not be a problem...

Regards, and hafe fun!

#2 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:14 AM

Something like a radial menu for orders has been asked by the community quite often, and i think the Devs said recently that they were looking for easy order or notification tools.
There is a Townhall Meeting tonight, perhaps we'll have some infos on that matter.

But yes, i also can't use TS everytime, and some people just don't have a mic, so i think it would do wonder for the team's communication.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users