124 replies to this topic

#81 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

View PostProphetic, on 19 February 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

It would be best if you stop explaining. It's not helping Marik's case at all.

http://youtu.be/_th4Xe6Dsm4

1:52 mark

#82 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

View Postpwnface, on 19 February 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit. You can drop in defense on ANY Inner Sphere world being attacked by the clans ANYTIME. You don't need to own a planet to defend it!

You are a liar and a cheat sir, good day!

To be fair the entire "point" of the wormhole was to create another attack vector into the Clans, so they would have to split their forces to defend on another front.

#83 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostDavers, on 19 February 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

To be fair the entire "point" of the wormhole was to create another attack vector into the Clans, so they would have to split their forces to defend on another front.

We agreed to a floating island of a few planets not a giant uncontrollable mass being used by MS to push their own agenda. If Marik could make it to the clan front without chewing through half of House Kurita we may have allowed this to continue. However, based on the recent performances of Marik pilots, I'm convinced the clans would have sent them packing and erased any progress we would have had.

#84 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

View PostRjBass3, on 19 February 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

As a loyal member of the AFFS High Command I can assure all that the AFFS does not take a treaty lightly, hence why our treaty with Steiner has lasted so long. To those who call us backstabbing dogs, you may want to look at yourselves and those around you first. If the FWL pursues this alliance with AFFS and the rest of the nSL, we will hold true to it.

If this declaration of war holds true, then the DC only brought this on themselves. It's gonna be tough being all on your own with no friends. To me personally the DC has done nothing but act like a bunch of filthy clanners for the past couple of weeks anyways. One of their better units, NKVA even goes so far as to call every opponent they meet on the field a clanner, however they maybe should take a closer look in the mirror.

The great houses of the IS rarely see eye to eye and nor should they, but when it comes to the clans, we all think alike and the DC is just another dirty clan. Time to push them out of the IS.

See you on the Battlefield Clan Davion. You will need all the MERCS in the Inner Sphere to turn our sword aside as it pierces your weak gut. We were close to making peace with you and turning our weary heads to the clans. Instead you are literally a rutting pig not the War Pig you attempt to ape. Unlike Marik, we never pretended to be your friend as we reclaimed our planets and considered a push into your sphere of influence. I made a great mistake by pushing for peace with Clan Davion. Never forget. Never forgive.

#85 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 19 February 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

It pains me to make this declaration, because I am a Federation builder, I don't like cutting ties or breaking alliances, but after much and lengthy internal debate, including a polling of our community, the Free Worlds League Military has come to the decision that, in light of numerous grievances, our new Star League alliance, and the larger strategic position against the Clans, we must cut ties and sever all pretenses of Alliance with the Draconis Combine.

These grievances include, but are not limited to, the following:

The FWLM has expended considerable efforts and resources in attempts to assist the DCMS, particularly in their efforts against the Clans, but we have received no aid nor assistance in return, and our efforts have been met with little more than disinterest and distrust, if not disrespected and abused.

When the Great Wormhole Experiment was undertaken, Kurita initially approved of the experiment, but then consistently delayed and stalled the operation, severely delaying the expansion of the wormhole and the FWLM's efforts to open a direct front with the Clans to assist Kurita and the other Northern Factions. The uncooperative nature of the Algorithm complicated the Experiment, but the DCMS consistently delayed or demurred the FWLM's numerous attempts to negotiate the expansion of the Experiment to try and finagle the Algorithm into directing the FWLM's expansion lanes in the desired direction, and when an agreement was finally reached, Kurita completely failed to make any effort to uphold their side of the effort.

Nearly a month ago, the FWLM reached out to the DCMS, proposing a personnel exchange program, to share tactics and strategies, and help train the DCMS' pilots and commanders in the organizational methods and policies of the FWLM and our Tier 2 PUG system, which no other faction has yet been able to fully duplicate. While this proposal was met with initial enthusiasm, that enthusiasm quickly waned, and Kurita made next to no effort to establish this collaborative effort, and repeated FWLM efforts to coordinate this Exchange were met with disinterest.

The DCMS has demonstrated duplicity and betrayal in dealing with other factions, having quietly arranged a Non-Aggression Pact with the Federated Suns so that the DCMS could focus on the Clans. The AFFS decided to step up that NAP and sent a few units North to help defend Kurita worlds against the Clans, units which consistently saw success in their efforts. The DCMS then decided to turn and break that NAP, which they had sued the AFFS for, even while a company of the Head Hunters of Davion were in the midst of a fight to defend a Combine planet. No notice or warning was given to the Federated Suns, and the DCMS forces attacked with total surprise.

As the Combine's front against the Clans continued to fall back in disarray, the FWLM sent some of our affiliated mercenary companies, including one full-fledged member of the FWLM, to assist the DCMS forces against the Clans. A number of other mercenary companies, now affiliated with the Star League and organized into the Coalition, also traveled to the Combine to assist against the Clans. This aid was met with little recognition or respect, and only a handful of DCMS units shifted to the Clan front to assist the combined efforts of the mercenary companies against the Clans

Furthermore, the DCMS abused the help they were sent. The majority of the DCMS forces remained engaged against the Federated Suns, and even the units that shifted to the Clan front stayed only briefly. Had the DCMS shifted all of its forces back to the Clan front, significant gains could have been made against the Clans, and that front might still have momentum today, pushing the Clans back out of the Inner Sphere. Instead, the DCMS opted to abuse the help they were given, leaving the mercenary units to squander in a brutal stalemate against the Clans, while they reaped the benefits of the weakened and unprepared Davion worlds they had attacked with dishonorable duplicity.

At the Conference of Wazan, the Draconis Combine was the only faction present that declined to commit to the Star League. They then demurred and delayed over their decision on whether or not to join the Star League, all the while reaping the benefits of the Non-Aggression Pact that the Federated Suns were upholding in good faith, and continuing to take advantage of all the Star League-aligned units that were holding the Clans at bay on their Northern border.

When the Combine finally made its decision, they declined to join the Star League, and have continued an all-out assault against a fellow member of the Star League, with whom the FWLM ostensibly now has a military alliance.

Almost in the same stroke, the Combine also decided, without notice or warning, to unilaterally terminate the Wormhole Experiment. This technically is their right, per the original loose agreement that was made, but there was no consultation nor warning given to the FWLM prior to the decision.

Despite FWLM requests for clarification, and FWLM requests for negotiation, the DCMS continued pressing the closure of the Experiment, declaring our eviction from their space even while conducting negotiations with the FWLM on the closure of the Experiment.

The DCMS efforts to completely close down the Wormhole Experiment would remove a vital buffer of FWLM fortifications above Terra, erected against the inevitable progression of the Clans through DCMS space. As the DCMS has opted to shun all help against the Clans, and indeed seems to be committing no effort to counter the Clans themselves, this array of foritifications is absolutely vital to stopping the Clans when they inevitably press through Combine space to Terra. By forcing the removal of this wormhole, they DCMS is not only scorning their alliance with the FWLM, they are compromising the Star League's strategic position against the Clans, and endangering the stability of the entire Inner Sphere.

Lastly, the conduct of the DCMS both on the field and in public discourse, both towards others and towards the FWLM, has been unacceptable to both the FWLM leadership and the FWLM community as a whole. This unsportsmanlike conduct spoils the fun for so many players, creating a bitter and hostile environment that can often drive players from the game. No faction's community has sufficient players to support those loses, and it defeats the purpose of the game, and having opponents to play against.

In light of these grievances and other slights, our new Star League alliance, and the greater strategic threat of the Clans, the Free Worlds League Military has regretfully come to the conclusion that we must abandon our alliance with the Draconis Combine, and aggressively pursue the Star League's larger strategy against the Clans.

To that end, the FWLM is severing all diplomatic ties and affiliations with the DCMS. Effective immediately, we are declaring that a State of War exists between the Free Worlds League and the Draconis Combine.

All FWLM units that are not engaged in SLDF operations in the Free Rasalhague Republic, or joint operations with the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces and the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns to establish a direct connection of FWLM space with the wormhole island, are directed to pursue this war with extreme prejudice.

-Illithi Dragon

Please note: this is in the interest of keeping the air clear between our two factions, and I cannot confirm/deny whether the document is still valid or not. I will catch flak for this, but Kurita deserves to know the reasoning behind the leadership of Marik.

From one troll to another... bravo!

I hope you like wearing red.

#86 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Marik had a rough first showing in fighting Kurita. The question is will they be successfully trolled into backing down.

If in Mariks long term interests they feel that Kurita will be a loyal, respectable and solid ally and want to walk this back that's up to Marik. We don't get into their politics any more than they get into us and Liao.

Kurita has always been very honest about the fact that they fight the clans when the *have* to. Right now they have 2 Clan borders and they have decided they *have* to.

OP has a strong opinion on the topic. Due props for that. A cool thing about Marik is that they have a system that lets people disagree and still work out going largely in the same direction. It would be a terrible, pointless waste though for the OP to leave Marik if he's been happy there and has friends there but leaves over his house going a direction he doesn't agree with is a painful thing to see.

The price of a democratic system is that choices will be made you don't agree with. That's inevitable. Would hate to see someone change their circle of friends over that. Game stuff comes and goes but friends are, well, real.

#87 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:04 PM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 19 February 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

to all you clanners sitting here reading this giggling about inner sphere strife.

kurita won our spat with marik decisively. and we are coming for you. fear the wrath of the dragon!

+1

#88 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostMycrus, on 19 February 2015 - 06:18 PM, said:

From one troll to another... bravo!

I hope you like wearing red.

Posted Image

#89 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:43 PM

e: ha ha they were heirlooms from kentares IV, my mistake, hard to tell difference sometimes.

Edited by hopterque, 19 February 2015 - 08:58 PM.

#90 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 19 February 2015 - 02:56 PM, said:

to all you clanners sitting here reading this giggling about inner sphere strife.

kurita won our spat with marik decisively. and we are coming for you. fear the wrath of the dragon!

We await you in the midst of steiner space, clan mortal combat.

Posted Image

#91 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:18 AM

Posted Image

#92 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

View Postpwnface, on 19 February 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

I'm sorry but this is complete bullshit. You can drop in defense on ANY Inner Sphere world being attacked by the clans ANYTIME. You don't need to own a planet to defend it!

That just shows you have no idea how CW strategy works, and nicely explains why you've been hemorrhaging worlds to the clans since day one.

#93 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

View PostKhan Felix Pryde, on 19 February 2015 - 01:58 PM, said:

Now do you see the truth? Not even the threat of the Clans can unify you.

Thats simply because you are no threat.

#94 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 20 February 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

That just shows you have no idea how CW strategy works, and nicely explains why you've been hemorrhaging worlds to the clans since day one.

ugh god the irony help it's killed me.

#95 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 20 February 2015 - 04:13 AM, said:

Out of honest curiosity, what do you mean?

View PostThorn Hallis, on 20 February 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

Thats simply because you are no threat.

<E-peen>

Y'know, I seen me a steiner lightrush on counterattack once. I even seen me a davion 12 man defending a steiner world. But I ain't never seen no phantom Liao defense force on the cooridor.

</E-peen>

Edited by Wingbreaker, 20 February 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#96 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostWingbreaker, on 20 February 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

Out of honest curiosity, what do you mean?
To drive back your enemies, you need to actually be attacking them. And Kurita runs away from any clans they encounter, with only people from other houses slowing their advance.

#97 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 20 February 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

To drive back your enemies, you need to actually be attacking them. And Kurita runs away from any clans they encounter, with only people from other houses slowing their advance.

I mean, I suppose in theory that works, but in practice if you haven't got your own cooridor secured, you're only looking for trouble. Both with the algorithim and with any of your neighbors who think they might nibble at you too. And then, well, you've got problems, because you probably can't hold together enough 12 mans to roll them back.

Then, like I said, the algorithim can really **** you over if you attack and let someone take your planet at the same time. You start getting pockets in your space, and eventually it just rolls back to those attack points that they just took.

Beyond that, there's the population factors. When you make an attack, you're facing whatever that faction wants to send at you. Granted, most of your experience is likely only with inner-sphere units. But it's a real surprise to some factions when they think "Oh, CJF is a small faction, we'll attack them!" And run into a Steel Jag 12 man because they roused the clan defense.

When you're hitting your defense markers, you have the real option of splitting your best players off to pug whisper, as long as you're sure you're not going to end up lined up against a comp team.

In all, it's just...better to keep your defenses up. That being said, there is something to be said for completely forcing a team to ghost drop. It's boring as **** to run those 80-110 minutes, and there's nothing saying they aren't just going to zerg your CAs down.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 20 February 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#98 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:39 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 20 February 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

One, it's simply not true and mostly hyperbole.

Two, your implied CW strategy then is to nibble at the backs of northern houses to ensure that they focus all their attention on the clans

#99 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 20 February 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

One, it's simply not true and mostly hyperbole.

Okay, I'll admit the mercs we sent you did liberate some worlds for Kurita, but you can hardly take credit for that.

#100 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

I ask myself: What would have been so bad if the Combine would concentrate their forces solely on the Davion border? I mean, looking at the algorithm, the Clans are more likely to end up on Astrokaszy then on Terra.

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 20 February 2015 - 06:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users