70 replies to this topic

#21 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 20 February 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Isn't it only 15 tons of free pod space with ECM and full armor? Anyways, it looks like Vindicator tier mech, maybe a little better.

View PostDivideByZer0, on 20 February 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

The gauss variant had 2 or 3 tons of ammo, if I recall and 2 ERML. I'm excited though, I always loved my shadowkitty. Low profile, like the Uller. In MWLL my favorite variant was the LB20X one, it's scrappier than it looks. And clan needs a medium with ECM capability.

As I said, I'm pretty sure a single Gauss with 2-3 tons of ammo isn't really going to be viable. 2 LPL will be possible though, and that build should be quite effective

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 20 February 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Im expecting most SCats to run 2xLPL + TC1 + heatsinks.

^

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

It is an ECM Clan Medium.

That is all.

You'll see more of those with the usual StormDoomcrows (for anti-Light purposes).

I'm far more amped for the Arctic Cheetah. It's not a Mist Lynx. :D :D :D

#23 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 20 February 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

Another thing to note; PGI said an early reward for buying would be a 4th variant. The ShadowCat doesn't have a 4th timeline variant like the other 3, so we might get a few additional hardpoints.

That's a good point. That's a consideration I wish we had gotten with the Summoner and Gargoyle, a completely made up variant could have gone a long way to addressing the issues with those 2 mechs. I'd like to see a R&LT with 3 E, 2 B, and 2 M. Then, hitboxes withstanding, it could get in close and do hit and run skirmishing pretty well with MASC. I know, it's greedy and wildly optimistic but it could happen!

#24 Sere Sudae

• PipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:53 PM

Am I the only one whos gonna love rocking the old-fashion-tech Alt.J, which PGI so thoughtfully 'downdated' as variant P?

#25 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

It's basically an Adder with more armor, JJs, ECM, MASC, high-mounted arms (maybe, hopefully), and an extra hardpoint. Probably won't beat the Crow, but it could easily be a good medium.

#26 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:09 PM

I see very few cons, the only ones I think I am a little worried about is the actual size of the mech in game, and how bg that CT is going to be... It can also have up to atleast 8 hardpoints, not just the 5 you mentioned (6 MGs + 2 CERPPCs)

#27 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:12 PM

JJ's, high mounted hardpoints, ecm, sounds like what I wanted for my adder (just as an ugly version of it). is going to be my medium ppc spam machine. for CW.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 February 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#28 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:13 PM

I'm gonna put something like 2 ERLLS or 2 LPLs and a bunch of machine guns and just make it a fast arrow.

#29 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:46 PM

It's going to be a fun mech, but I don't think it will be particularly good.

If it has 17 tons of weight to play with, the Ice Ferret on Smurfy is a good tool for experimenting. It has 17 tons free if you strip it of armour.

Stock build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...490da28e74ad902

Meta build?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...63d7ede8ab441f1
2xLL, 1xML, 2xSRM4, ECM?

or this?
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cb9ce4af0849fe4
3xMPL, 2xSSRM4, ECM?

What's the best gauss build you can come up with?
Gauss, 3 tons of ammo, 2 ML?

Edited by Nicolai Kabrinsky, 20 February 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#30 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 20 February 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

JJ's, high mounted hardpoints, ecm, sounds like what I wanted for my adder (just as an ugly version of it).

Woah Woah Woah... You think the Shadow Cat is ugly??? I dont think I have ever heard that before.

#31 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 20 February 2015 - 03:12 PM, said:

JJ's, high mounted hardpoints, ecm, sounds like what I wanted for my adder (just as an ugly version of it). is going to be my medium ppc spam machine. for CW.

Heresy.

#32 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:55 PM

View Postarmyunit, on 20 February 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Heresy.

Posted Image

#33 Mirumoto Izanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Am I the only one who plans on running the Shadowcat as a Prime +? (take out CLAP, add ECM).

#34 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

Scat's official themesong:

Edited by FupDup, 20 February 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#35 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostMirumoto Izanami, on 20 February 2015 - 04:32 PM, said:

Am I the only one who plans on running the Shadowcat as a Prime +? (take out CLAP, add ECM).

Enjoy never having enough ammo

Also nobody wants The Clap

Edited by Fate 6, 20 February 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#36 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:37 AM

I'm not worried for one reason. As you've said it seems it will be suited to a very specific playstyle. Fortunately for me that exact play style it's suited to seems to be mine. I suspect that after the excitement wears off, a lot of people will abandon the Shadowcat. As someone who plays a quirky sniper Kitfox 70% of the time the Shadowcat looks like it'll be a straight upgrade for me. I just see it as a bigger Kitfox, and I like that about it.

#37 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 03 March 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

I'm not worried for one reason. As you've said it seems it will be suited to a very specific playstyle. Fortunately for me that exact play style it's suited to seems to be mine. I suspect that after the excitement wears off, a lot of people will abandon the Shadowcat. As someone who plays a quirky sniper Kitfox 70% of the time the Shadowcat looks like it'll be a straight upgrade for me. I just see it as a bigger Kitfox, and I like that about it.

It will be SO MUCH better at that than the Kitfox too.. those energy hardpoints on the kitfox are so freaking low down you shoot any minor undulation in the ground.. plus more tonnage to run 2LPL, more JJs and torso mounted ECM.

#38 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 03 March 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

It will be SO MUCH better at that than the Kitfox too.. those energy hardpoints on the kitfox are so freaking low down you shoot any minor undulation in the ground.. plus more tonnage to run 2LPL, more JJs and torso mounted ECM.

I'm gonna run an ERPPC, 2 ERML, 2 CSSRM 4s, 1 ton ammo, ECM, 12 DHS, and 1 extra ton of armor.
It'll be almost exactly the same as my kitfox with more jump jets, added MASC, higher mounted weapons, and 2 extra ERML, and ofcourse more armor.

I have been testing the weapon system itself on a Stormcrow, and even on a less maneuverable chassis it preforms well. I'm quite excited.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 03 March 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#39 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

Posted Image

Tomorrow, we find out the appearance.

#40 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostFate 6, on 20 February 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

As I said, I'm pretty sure a single Gauss with 2-3 tons of ammo isn't really going to be viable. 2 LPL will be possible though, and that build should be quite effective
^

Actually I regularly run 2 to 3 tons of gauss ammo and I usually have rounds left after the match. Keep in mind the Gauss as a pretty slow rate of fire. That said, I like to have a varied loadout, so I probably won't bring a Gauss on this.

View PostMcgral18, on 03 March 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Tomorrow, we find out the appearance.

They usually at minimum do a decent job. The only mech they've done that really disappointed me was the Timber Wolf, it's supposed to be a lean mean killing machine, and instead it looks like it's been subsisting on a steady diet of McDonald's, twinkies, and beer for the last 20 years. And I was mildly disappointed with the gun arms on the Mad Dog. Instead of gun arms it got gun nubs. Which is probably what's going to happen to the Shadow Cat. It's going to get a gun nub. Might as well plan on that right now.

Edited by 0bsidion, 03 March 2015 - 07:33 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users