711 replies to this topic

#61 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 20 February 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Does this mean the plans of making the Clan camo work with the Invasion variants have been thrown out? Last we heard the plan with Wave 2 was to allow the Invasion variants to use them.

Those plans are definitely still on the table. No further ETA just yet though I'm afraid.

#62 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

View PostMekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh, on 20 February 2015 - 02:32 PM, said:

New pokemons are always welcome!

Just to pay respect for another Magma fan.

#63 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

View PostAriana Rifkin, on 20 February 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Your prices have always sucked and they act as a roadblock to some people. Whatever. Can't have mechs in my mech game without giving up an arm and a leg.

You can use Trial mechs for free whenever you want, even in CW. Almost all of the mechs either are, or will be available for Cbills. What you really meant to say was "Why can't I have everything I want for free!"

Edited by IronClaws, 20 February 2015 - 04:46 PM.

#64 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:48 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 February 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Those plans are definitely still on the table. No further ETA just yet though I'm afraid.

That's good enough for me. Was a bit worried for a moment. B)

#65 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

Your prices have always sucked and they act as a roadblock to some people. Whatever. Can't have mechs in my mech game without giving up an arm and a leg.

150 USD + of content for 20 dollars?

Alright. what ever floats your gravy boat.

#66 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Sorry, but after getting the Gargoyle, I think I'm out of Waves.

#67 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

IKR? I don't have hundreds of dollars to drop on digital content, I honestly hate F2P because of this crap. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a true MechWarrior.

#68 KILLALUCARD666

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:05 PM

I'd like to see soon a Blood ASP here in MechWarrior! Who don't remember that mech in mechcommander 2 (I remembered it for that game)? It's a awesome mech! I hope that you include or design this mech in some pack in the future!!

#69 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

Ignores the title for 60$ package - BUSHWACKER!!! :D

#70 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

Skimmed through the thread and FAQ didn't see answers, so just want clarification on a few things.

1 - While I understand you don't get the Early Adopter variant(s) for alacarte, do you get the other Monthly Rewards?

2 - Putting in a reward scheme with items we already have, that get cancelled out because of this kills off a lot of the incentive to buy the packs, especially early with them being available long-term.
What incentives are there to get me to pay $30 a level for these, when a significant portion of it is already invalidated?

There was a 3, but my mind has just gone blank.
Depending on the ultimate answers of my questions and digging, will determine, when or even if I buy anything, just the Cauldron Born, the CB package, or the whole thing.

Edited by Ovion, 20 February 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#71 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

Temporary roadblock, it's not like it isn't going to be available for free later....
Why not do something crazy like buy one tier at a time over a period of time.

"waaaaaa I have to wait longer to get stuff for free, I want it now....."

#72 wynce

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:14 PM

Awesome, cant wait for the mechs. Now the IS could use another ECM mech....bushwacker plz....=)

#73 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:20 PM

Well damn, after getting the rest of Resistance & Urbie that I wanted in the next few weeks, I thought of getting some or all of Wave 2 then you do this and it has the same Faction content.

Now what?

EDIT - Isn't this list backwards?

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available for purchase in-game with MC or C-Bills?
Executioner: August 4th for MC and September 1st for C-Bills
Ebon Jaguar: August 18th for MC and September 15th for C-Bills
Shadow Cat: September 1st for MC and October 6th for C-Bills
Arctic Cheetah: September 15th for MC and October 20th for C-Bills

Shouldn't the Light come first, etc.?

Edited by Wildstreak, 20 February 2015 - 05:41 PM.

#74 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

It's going to be interesting to see how the Arctic Cheetah will be made no better than the SDR-5D, considering the Cheetah can mount 6 lasers on top of ECM and the Clan XL durability. That will require some serious negative quirks on the Cheetah, I think.

#75 Akenatum Malthus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Are the colours the same as wave 2? want to know if I should get 4 falcons or 1 of each...

#76 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 February 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Only with the non-Prime [I] Variants.

The Prime [I] Variants will have unique Patterns that cannot be changed.

The eventual MC/C-Bill Prime Variants, which won't be designated with an [I], will be able to use Patterns.

You do see that the harsh individualization options restrictions to your premium mechs are disgusting over 90% of us whale buyers?

#77 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:27 PM

View PostLeGiit legion47, on 20 February 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

IKR? I don't have hundreds of dollars to drop on digital content, I honestly hate F2P because of this crap. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't a true MechWarrior.

No one is making you spend anything.

I played for a good 6 months before putting down anything.
In that time I got 5-6 mechs, plus played several trials.
I then bought a bit of MC, got more Mechbays and couple of sale colours.
That lasted me ages, I expanded to 20+ mechs.

Then a friend bought me a little more MC for my birthday, which went on more mechbays, and I think that was when I bought my first hero or two (half price sale).
Actually, I think basically everything I'd bought at that point was in half price sales.

Then up to the point my job became full time and I no longer had time to earn mechs the long way, but had the money to just enjoy them once I had em - I expanded to owning mastery sets (3 variants) of every single light mech, a few mediums, several heavies and 2-3 Assaults (including an Atlas), with around 4000MC on colours and hero mechs, and the rest in mechbays with a little left over.
I put in $15-20, my friend put in much the same, so on my own it would be $30-40 (though could easily do it on the $15-20 if you just buy mechbay off it)

And that netted me dozens of hours of play time, a good 80-100 hours at that point I think.
Even without, I still got a lot of time for nothing, and it's even easier to do it now - triple the number of Trial Mechs, ability to earn bays, regular giveaways / challenges, etc.

The only reason I switched to buying is suddenly, I had plenty of money and minimal time, so my free time was precious.

And here's the big part, the TL;DR -
You don't have to pay a penny if you don't want to.
Ever.
It's Pay for Convenience.
It's all available for free (except Hero Mechs and cockpit items, and even those you can earn for nothing through MC challenges).

How dare these people want to pay the bills and feed their families after all.

#78 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 February 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Only with the non-Prime [I] Variants.

The Prime [I] Variants will have unique Patterns that cannot be changed.

The eventual MC/C-Bill Prime Variants, which won't be designated with an [I], will be able to use Patterns.

Huh? I would not exactly go calling any clan mechs as having a unique pattern on them. They simply have a small thin stripe on them. Yippee...

**edit** I mean the (I) variants of course...

Edited by Catalinasgrace, 20 February 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#79 THumper9669

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:32 PM

The question will be "How badly will PGI nerf the new mechs ( wave III)" Got the other two packs and they got nerfed enough that I have seen 2 EL large and 4 ER med do little to no damage to the IS lights on a direct hit (not just a drag). Tried of investing in mechs only to have them screwed up right after release so explain to me why I should spend more money only to get nerfed. Is kind of like saying bend over and spread them cheeks. Bad enough the heat isnt working right in the game ( test mechs on CV and in community warfare I get 2/3rds the heat before it shuts down then on a hotter pug map or get same shut down time and lenght on cold maps as I do on hot one). I would love to get the new wave III pack as has awesome mechs in it ( or at least until PGI nurfs them) but I cant see that kind of money any more on some thing that isnt going to be worth it after the "adjustments".

#80 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

So when do we get to see the rest of the art? I would prefer to see what I'm going to buy... lol...

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users