711 replies to this topic

#661 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

I REALLY have had enough of the crying and whining from Clan warriors about the TBR + SCR jus because they are no longer the "I-Win" mechs; they are both really, really good. So you have to be more careful how you play due to longer burn times....excellent, learn to play better!

@Russhunter - you say there are fewer TBRs around? Not that I've noticed and anyway, what is the problem if there are? Just more variety which has to be good for the game.

Wave III is introducing a bunch of new chassis to open up more options for Clan (been waiting for SO long for the Cauldron Born and Shadowcat...can hardly wait!) again, variety is one of the things that makes this game so much better than most of the competition.

Of course once Wave III is fully released there may well be nerfs (even buffs maybe?) but that is to be expected, we are gamers, we min/max, we exploit, we are sneaky bastids...we are better than the developers and they need us to test all their new toys so they can balance them correctly. See? It's our fault for overperforming :)

Only a week to go..... :D

#662 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:17 AM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 10 June 2015 - 01:51 AM, said:

I REALLY have had enough of the crying and whining from Clan warriors about the TBR + SCR jus because they are no longer the "I-Win" mechs; they are both really, really good. So you have to be more careful how you play due to longer burn times....excellent, learn to play better!

@Russhunter - you say there are fewer TBRs around? Not that I've noticed and anyway, what is the problem if there are? Just more variety which has to be good for the game.

Wave III is introducing a bunch of new chassis to open up more options for Clan (been waiting for SO long for the Cauldron Born and Shadowcat...can hardly wait!) again, variety is one of the things that makes this game so much better than most of the competition.

Of course once Wave III is fully released there may well be nerfs (even buffs maybe?) but that is to be expected, we are gamers, we min/max, we exploit, we are sneaky bastids...we are better than the developers and they need us to test all their new toys so they can balance them correctly. See? It's our fault for overperforming :)

Only a week to go..... :D

They were never "I win" mechs. Have you faced a Centurion in one of these? At close range?

You fire your lasers. They give you their shield side. Your lasers stop. They turn to you and hit you in the face with and AC20. you fire you lasers. They turn their shield side to you. Lasers stop. Shot in the face with AC20. You fire. They shield. You stop. They hit you. You die.

Yup, such a win mech. :rolleyes:

#663 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

The win Mech does not exist
Its always the pilot that wins,. a mech just standing there is nothing, Some Mechs are more competetive than others and the TBR was as released very competetive but far away from wining a match just out of its presence,

Nowerdays a Thunderbolt is way superior to the TBR for example or a stalker or a dragon,.. sure you can still win a match when the Opponent acts without skill but then you can win that match in any mech even in some useless as the ice ferret or the mist Lynx

And you do really wonder why Clan players are angry about the new total of 42% Malus on lasers in summa? when the complete Mech "Quirk" list is shining complete in red whiles all your opponents are carrying foot long quirk lists in bright green,.. Thats Ballance? yah.. sure

I do like the wave III mechs even when the Executioner with to low weapon placement could ve been a supernova or a Blood Asp asking me.
even ordered the full wave III but like the Shadow Cat and the Cauldronborn best.
Executioner may be a fine mech but to be honest the weapons are placed to low to be very effective An Exexutioner pilot will have to expose the mech to much to fire, T´will be the same prob the Gargoyle has besides the absolutely ridiculous weapon and equipment capacity of
19,6 Tons in an 80 ton Mech
We will talk again when the Ebon Jaguar has also 42% energy weapon malus and maybe AK nerf of 20% less damage and 8 rounds per shot Nerf, iam sure thy will nerf the wave III to death soon,.. as they did with all the others bevore

We will see anyway

Edited by Russhuster, 10 June 2015 - 03:41 AM.

#664 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

@ Nathan K - If you let a Centurion with anAC20 get close to you in a TBR, you are doing something wrong :D

But yes, your point is valid. I think it was CW that caused the nerfs not normal fights.

BTW, which Wave III are you looking forward to? (if any)

#665 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostRusshuster, on 10 June 2015 - 12:51 AM, said:

@Cimarb
Spoiler

or do i miss some invisible truth again ?

The most significant damage I took during that fight was the tard on my own team that shot me with a Gauss in the back before we even engaged the enemy...

I have always used Pulse Lasers on 95% of my builds. I just like them better. My SCRs use ERLLs, just because they do not have the tonnage to do Pulse effectively.

The point of the nerfs was to lower the number of TBRs, and I think it has done that very marginally. Payload was not the issue - maneuverability is. Until they reduce the maneuverability of the TBR/SCR, it will always be a top tier mech. Think of it like the Clan versions of the Victor before it was beaten senseless with nerfs. (Not that I want them nerfed that bad, but it is a good comparison). I think these nerfs were very small in comparison.

Lowering the number of TBR/SCRs in game is a good thing, as it gives room for the rest of the Clan mechs to be moved up to their new level. THAT is good for the game. For an example, try out the Nova now - it is becoming a pretty solid mech, considering the huge hitbox/design issues it has to overcome.

#666 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostCimarb, on 10 June 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

The most significant damage I took during that fight was the tard on my own team that shot me with a Gauss in the back before we even engaged the enemy...

I have always used Pulse Lasers on 95% of my builds. I just like them better. My SCRs use ERLLs, just because they do not have the tonnage to do Pulse effectively.

The point of the nerfs was to lower the number of TBRs, and I think it has done that very marginally. Payload was not the issue - maneuverability is. Until they reduce the maneuverability of the TBR/SCR, it will always be a top tier mech. Think of it like the Clan versions of the Victor before it was beaten senseless with nerfs. (Not that I want them nerfed that bad, but it is a good comparison). I think these nerfs were very small in comparison.

Lowering the number of TBR/SCRs in game is a good thing, as it gives room for the rest of the Clan mechs to be moved up to their new level. THAT is good for the game. For an example, try out the Nova now - it is becoming a pretty solid mech, considering the huge hitbox/design issues it has to overcome.

The Nova is probably my favorite clan mech out atm :P Maddog comes close... But the Nova is such a blast to pilot <3 Eb Jag will win, though, and I'm really looking forward to S Cat, the A Chertah looks pretty terrifying too...

#667 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image

(And yes, I liked my own post. It is THAT good!)

#668 MarineTech

• The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostCimarb, on 10 June 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Cauldron Born....

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edited by MarineTech, 10 June 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#669 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

lowering the presence of TBRs in the game is foolish as long there is no other 75ton Clanmech else, so all nerfs and Mali will not do the job until you dont destroy any reasonable constellation and make that chassis unplayable.
Simply because there IS NO OTHER MECH IN THAT TONNAGE FIELD for the clans to switch to and the Dropweight limits the player to a certain Mech set there are to little Clan mechs to get that running. Not everyone likes all weight classes and the TBR is for the tonnage quite agile,. like a clan mech should
when they make that slower they need to break theyr own law - No reactor change for the Claners
What makes imho every IS Mech more omni than any Clanmech - because changing the Structure and reactor is quite more difficult than the exchage of a weap module

#670 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:12 PM

@Russhuster - it's the players' choice if they no longer want to play in what is still an extremely competitive mech. If people are so upset that they no longer want to ride a TBR simply because their laser vomit build is marginally worse than it was, then that's their problem! Be more inventive with your build and playstyle guys!

Still, this is a Wave III thread, not ANOTHER nerf whine....

#671 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 10 June 2015 - 02:12 PM, said:

@Russhuster - it's the players' choice if they no longer want to play in what is still an extremely competitive mech. If people are so upset that they no longer want to ride a TBR simply because their laser vomit build is marginally worse than it was, then that's their problem! Be more inventive with your build and playstyle guys!

Still, this is a Wave III thread, not ANOTHER nerf whine....

<_< If we stop replying to him... he'll go away >_> From this thread, at least

#672 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostRusshuster, on 08 June 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

@ Cimarb
Jes i did and the Difference to a Wubbold with lasers is significant that has nothing to do with balance anymore
i can agree that the Cadenca delay is still overdone but one can live with that but in remembering the longer Clan brurntime of the lasers in general a additional Malus of 21% more burn time on the top is a really bad joke
Have you tried Hide an Peek with that Burntime against a Thunderbold or a stalker? Both will smoke you up when the pilot isnt a full Honk, almost regardless how good you are. Hell I can write my name in Alpine with that burntime

The crow isnt as much affectet than the MadCat but even 15% Malus are bad enough

Keep the Nonsence and flattbrained jabbering about youaresimplytobadasapilot where you keep the rest of the senseevacuated stereotypes and switch the second synapse online under your hair. i cant complain about my scores and these are not the topic,nor are yours; and these have nothing to do with a dead nerfed Mech chassis divergence will fade and even you have only the way of changing to the pulsebuild,..
This is not a matter of Layout but a matter of Ballance and Lore.
Yeah, one can change the layout till everyone has the same "meta" again then the whincing will start and the next Nerfhammer comes what then? a 75Ton SRM Vomit? really? jah.. really ridiculous.

simply play a Stalker or a Thunderbolt and then change to a Madcat if you see ZERO difference then you an me are playing different games

edit... or not the Truth you are telling, my young Padawan

So you mean your 90 kph Jump Capable 75 tonner doesn't poke as well as an 85 ton 63 kph ground pounder? No way!!

#673 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

@Twiight Fenrir
Ignorance has never solved a problem, speaking about a problem does, even when this makes me a troll in your eyes
@Gas Guzzler
simply play any of them and decide yourself, dont forget the Thunderbolt
@ Jimmy DiGriz
As long as the Clan AKs are buggy and do just fire when the weapon feels like, there is little cholice left and most did already change the build ti imp lasers,.or did favorize pulsers from the beginning like Chimarb. and count the seconds till that is nerfed too

True, this is the wave III thread what i did order as well

what do you think will happen the day after the 4new Mechs are released,.. ? exactly there the howling and whining will start until these wave is nerfed as well. and this is waht i did say in the beginning

Edited by Russhuster, 10 June 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#674 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 10 June 2015 - 03:26 AM, said:

@ Nathan K - If you let a Centurion with anAC20 get close to you in a TBR, you are doing something wrong :D

But yes, your point is valid. I think it was CW that caused the nerfs not normal fights.

BTW, which Wave III are you looking forward to? (if any)

I turned a corner, it was there waiting for me. (Damn I was unlucky. :()

CW is not a good place to get the numbers. As Clansmen can only use Clan mechs there. And good Clan mechs are few. (As of this post.)

I got the C-Born. I eagerly await it. :)

#675 Cosmocat

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostCimarb, on 10 June 2015 - 12:24 PM, said:

Posted Image

Not sure if it's the mech or the camera angle, but something really looks janky in this shot. I've been super stoked for the CB so I hope it doesn't wind up weird looking, but...

I feel like the arm is too big and too far out and the body is too small, while the legs are huge and fat. Is anyone else seeing this or does it look good?

edit: The more I look at this, it's just the huge right arm that is bothering me. It's like as big as the torso and a mile away from it.

Edited by Cosmocat, 10 June 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#676 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostCosmocat, on 10 June 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

Not sure if it's the mech or the camera angle, but something really looks janky in this shot. I've been super stoked for the CB so I hope it doesn't wind up weird looking, but...

I feel like the arm is too big and too far out and the body is too small, while the legs are huge and fat. Is anyone else seeing this or does it look good?

The arms are definitely huge... I was worried about that from the concept art... But, fairly small from the front, depending on where on that tube of an upper arm the arm stops and the torso begins... The legs are much smaller than they looked originally. I was worried it was going to stand super tall from the sneak peak on the weekend update we got back when.. but it looks like the ratcheted the knees closed a bit more, making it much more squat. The mech is still about 65% legs, but eh... As for how wide the arms are... that's just how they are

Posted Image

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 10 June 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#677 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

edit: The more I look at this, it's just the huge right arm that is bothering me. It's like as big as the torso and a mile away from it.

It is called foreshortening (http://en.wikipedia....%28graphical%29). Whatever is closer looks bigger, and farther looks smaller.

#678 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

Take a look at the other screenshots, this one is suffering from exaggarated perspective

#679 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image

#680 Templar Dane

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Hey PGI, any chance of accepting MTGO tickets or eve online isk as a form of payment? :)

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users