Announcing Clan Invasion Wave 3!

711 replies to this topic

#701 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

*Squees* Only 9 days till we get our little monsters! :D I am going to murder soooo many people with my Shadowcat and Arctic Cheetah XD We should see a PGI countdown some time this week too! :D :D :D

#702 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

The Shadowcat is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. However, in order for the Arctic Cheetah to be good it's instantly going to need to be the best Clan light in the game, a task that's incredibly easy to do with the crap we have now.

Actually, if it's better than the Mist Lynx people will like it.

#703 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 13 July 2015 - 10:20 AM, said:

The Shadowcat is going to be the best thing since sliced bread. However, in order for the Arctic Cheetah to be good it's instantly going to need to be the best Clan light in the game, a task that's incredibly easy to do with the crap we have now.

Actually, if it's better than the Mist Lynx people will like it.

The Arctic Cheetah is going to bury the Firestarter :P Sure, it can't cary quite as many lasers, but they are CLAN lasers. It will jump better, shoot farther, hit as hard if not harder, run faster, AND have ECM :D Plus, with those ridiculously high energy mounts in the side torso, it will ECM ERLL better than the Raven.

But, I'm still more excited about the ShadowCat.... That thing with MASC will be the most nimble mech in the game.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 13 July 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#704 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:07 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 13 July 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

The Arctic Cheetah is going to bury the Firestarter :P Sure, it can't cary quite as many lasers, but they are CLAN lasers. It will jump better, shoot farther, hit as hard if not harder, run faster, AND have ECM :D Plus, with those ridiculously high energy mounts in the side torso, it will ECM ERLL better than the Raven.

But, I'm still more excited about the ShadowCat.... That thing with MASC will be the most nimble mech in the game.

...until people cry and it gets beaten with the nurf hammer.

#705 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

View PostIronClaws, on 13 July 2015 - 01:07 PM, said:

...until people cry and it gets beaten with the nurf hammer.

Well, if this Mech rocks 2 ClanERLL mounted up high along with ECM and a CrutchXL engine, then it should be nerfed. No questions there.

The balance between Clan and IS Mechs isn't in balancing the weapons, as that has been a failure. The actual balancing between the factions comes down to the intentional Poor-Desgn of Clan Mechs and the fixed equipment. If the Arctic Cheetah can d everything the Raven can do, but better, the it is imbalanced...

So, if it can mount those 2 Clan ERLL up high with a Clanner XL engine, Clan ECM, and tons of 2-slot DHS without suffering any drawbacks (such as fixed undesirable equipment), then it is unbalanced by definition of the term.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 13 July 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#706 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 13 July 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

Well, if this Mech rocks 2 ClanERLL mounted up high along with ECM and a CrutchXL engine, then it should be nerfed. No questions there.

The balance between Clan and IS Mechs isn't in balancing the weapons, as that has been a failure. The actual balancing between the factions comes down to the intentional Poor-Desgn of Clan Mechs and the fixed equipment. If the Arctic Cheetah can d everything the Raven can do, but better, the it is imbalanced...

So, if it can mount those 2 Clan ERLL up high with a Clanner XL engine, Clan ECM, and tons of 2-slot DHS without suffering any drawbacks (such as fixed undesirable equipment), then it is unbalanced by definition of the term.

Oh, it can mount them, ECM, and absolutely nothing else while having no arm armour.

That's not going to be the best build on it, and it would be laughable if they nerf it for that.

#707 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

Yeah.... at stock armor levels, the AC has 9.5 free tons. It can mount the 2 ERLL, the ECM, and if you peal off the arm armor, you can squeeze one more double heatsink onto it. It's not gonna have 'tons of 2-slot DHS'

The IS has dominated the light mech field. There's just nothing Clan that can run as fast, and hit as hard as a Jenner, Firestarter, Raven... Heck, even the Locust outguns the Mist Lynx. All of the Clan light mechs are basically underarmored medium mechs in terms of maneuverability. The Arctic Cheetah gives us a mech on par with all the light IS mechs in one :D

It can be built with 2 ERLL to play Raven
It can be built with 6 SPLs to play Firestrter
It can be built with 4 ERML and 2 SRMx to play Jenner

It has it's drawbacks...
The high mounted energy hardpoints are on the torso, it won't have the firing arc of the arm mounted Raven.
The Firestarter can carry many more DHS if it drops its engine down a few pegs. It's also better armored as it is 5 tons heavier.
The Jenner... um.... it... uh.... looks cooler? (Okay, seriously, I am a hardcore Jenner fan, my Founder's Jenner has seen more play time than most of my other mechs combined... but the AC is gonna bury it XD)

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 13 July 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#708 Dagorlad13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 516 posts
  • LocationClan Ghost Bear Occupation Zone.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

LOL, clan XL engines are better because they are hard-mounted and Clan tech is supposed to be better. IS has plenty of crutch quirks to make up for it...

Oh, and PGI went out of their way to give the IS an ECM heavy since people were butthurt that the Clans had one, so where is our Clan ECM assault (..EHM Dire Wolf ALT-C)?

Edited by IronClaws, 13 July 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#709 D3lness

• PipPip
  • Winged Reaper
  • Winged Reaper
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

One of my friends came back to this game recently after we took a LONG break because of previous game issues. I see that PGI still doesn't have their act together and is charging absurd prices for digital robots. Its this staggering of release dates for funny money vs. in-game currency that makes it all worse. Good luck with pandering to whales and thank you for reminding me why I left with one single post.

#710 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

@D3lness - you don't have to spend a penny on this game, the "absurd prices" you mention are entirely optional. I chose to spend irl money to support the development of a game which I greatly enjoy and get two mechs - Shadowcat and Cauldron Born (Ebon Jaguar)- which have a place in my heart from past MW games.

The game isn't perfect (please tell me which one is?), but at least PGI is trying to improve it..and it is TOTALLY free to play, if you are happy to play a bit of CW you don't even have to pay for mech bays.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users